BFV: The game that tried too hard *Edit: Updated thoughts*

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @una322 wrote
    But right now the Beta is a complete mess, and they are going to need more than 2 months to fix this game before its out.
    Agree. This game have so many issues that I'm gonna cancel my pre-order and try again with an origin access after release.
  • neonhummer
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want them to implement arcade mode for players that want feel from BF4, BF1 nothing more.
  • Eldharjar
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The gameplay just feels very off to me, its as if they are trying to make it a mix of CoD and BF and adding some SJW-crap on top of it with africans and asians as german soldiers. Like many other games nowdays they keep making it more and more casual and try to appeal to as many people as possible except their hardcore fans.
    I've bought every battlefield game up to this one, but i wont buy this one. Battlefield 1 is better than this in pretty much every way. Better graphics, better gameplay and less SJW-propoganda.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eldharjar wrote: »
    The gameplay just feels very off to me, its as if they are trying to make it a mix of CoD and BF and adding some SJW-crap on top of it with africans and asians as german soldiers. Like many other games nowdays they keep making it more and more casual and try to appeal to as many people as possible except their hardcore fans.
    I've bought every battlefield game up to this one, but i wont buy this one. Battlefield 1 is better than this in pretty much every way. Better graphics, better gameplay and less SJW-propoganda.

RNGesus. Every German model so far is WHITE and in the beta ONLY MALE

I'm guessing bf3 was your first battlefield title
  • hoen2009
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    I love how the game feels atm, havn't played BF in awhile because of how it more and more feels like a COD, now it feels like a real Battlefield again.

Played Medic yesterday, staying in cover at the frontlines, using smokes and picking up teammates keeping the offensive going. Had a blast and racked up a **** ton of points.

Same for me, i was waiting a game like this from 2007, the year all fps gone bad.

Can understand some players can find this game too hard/boring, but it's time to make this series more serious again after chasing cod players for years.

Yup i agree, bf3 was in my opinion also pretty good, bf4 was just weird recoil didn't make any sense, and bf1 everyone had the sleight of hand perk of cod ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ bruce Lee reloading the guns ffs. The thing i like about bf5 is no spotting system, you can finally blend into your surroundings like bc2, most other mechanics that will make the pace slower and because of that more tactical.
  • Eldharjar
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Eldharjar wrote: »

RNGesus. Every German model so far is WHITE and in the beta ONLY MALE

I'm guessing bf3 was your first battlefield title

Guess again, it was Battlefield 1942. Still have the original box for that and Battlefield vietnam. I suggest you refrain from trying to belittle people who disagree with you.
  • ThisIsLeonidas
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bump.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14410 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ThisIsLeonidas
    If you keep bumping the thread it will be closed.

Bumping is not permitted per forum rules.

• PapaRomeo77
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, to be honest, i like all the battlefield games.
    Sure some more than others.
    If possible, I have always preordered, and put tons of hours into the games.
    Sure some games were not ready at launch, but eventually fixed IMO.
    THIS is the FIRST time i cancelled my preorder!

With all the EA stuff going on, the delayed release.
    I just had it for now.

Perhaps i will get it later.

My first BF game was 1942.
    Remember Omaha beach?
    THIS should be done in BF V.

Happy gaming :-)
  • V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    (PS4)

This is enough for me to judge your comment.
  • Kagg
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cancelled my pre-order today.

This is the end for DICE. The blind fanboys will attack me and the mods will ban me, but like DICE, I no longer care.

The low pre-orders and criticisms of this game have already dealt the damage and the beta is VERY telling of what the game will be and it will fail.

They've changed FAR too much of what made Battlefield great. Medic and Support no longer exist regarding teamplay.

Battlefield 1 is the best one I've played since Bad Comapny 2.

I honestly would have preferred V be a literal reskin of BF1, but considering the changes, I will be skipping this title, as I said, it's no longer Battlefield.

Are you saying that Dice will fall over becuase you won't pay for a preorder? Thats silly. Heck, even a game such as Battlefront 2 made more than enough money and people call that a flop. Get over yourself. You might not like it but others do. Deal with it.
  • DominicO65
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I fully agree that Medics shouldn't have smgs. Just poor design
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cancelled my pre-order today.

This is the end for DICE. The blind fanboys will attack me and the mods will ban me, but like DICE, I no longer care.

The low pre-orders and criticisms of this game have already dealt the damage and the beta is VERY telling of what the game will be and it will fail.

They've changed FAR too much of what made Battlefield great. Medic and Support no longer exist regarding teamplay.

Battlefield 1 is the best one I've played since Bad Comapny 2.

I honestly would have preferred V be a literal reskin of BF1, but considering the changes, I will be skipping this title, as I said, it's no longer Battlefield.

Cya in the Early access bro, cool story btw.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the comments that ttk, when I am shooting, is perfect, but not when I am being killed, wait, what? So you want it quick for you, but not the enemy? I want that also, but even quicker for me and slower for the enemy, do it dice.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the comments that ttk, when I am shooting, is perfect, but not when I am being killed, wait, what? So you want it quick for you, but not the enemy? I want that also, but even quicker for me and slower for the enemy, do it dice.
    There is something wrong about TTK and TTD. It does not feel the same, even if it is, so there must be some bug in the game.
    Time difference is not the same
  • deuce1080
    1 postsMember Member
    The fuss is coming from battlefield players who got very used to the playstyle of BF1. As a big fan of BF3 and BC2 i could not be happier with this title. Most of the dissent come from players who were incredible at BF1, but since papa DICE fixed the trainwreck BF1 was, they are no longer great players. You cant charge objectives without your squad. You are no longer 1918 Rambo, and due to this they complain about everything they can. I love the game already.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    The could have reduced the BF1 explosive spam by increasing reload time for those or also the effectiveness but BF V doesn't give me those insane battlefield moments were I'm having 20 infantry fighting over a flag, 1-3vehicles and a few planes.
    This is due to the spotting because people don't see on the map where the action is.
    Also with a very good squad you throw in a lot of weight. Good for clans. I'm a casual player and will never be in a Squad with voice chat so not benefit from that.
    BF1 was most succesful on PS4 but I guess on consoles you have less clan players than on PC.
    There is something wrong about TTK and TTD. It does not feel the same, even if it is, so there must be some bug in the game.
    Time difference is not the same

While I was charmed at first impressions of the game, the TTK is simply too fast when combined with everything else. it's hard to describe what

DICE needs to either make the TTK somewhat longer,

or keep the TTK but almost completely rethink large potions of the game. I'm talking about class-system, movement-system/speed(a Stamina bar), spawn-system, etc.-all might need to be rethought-out in order to make sense/cohesive with the fast TTK.
    Maybe making it play more like either Day of Infamy, Red Orchestra, as they've got the TTK from those games down; just need to implement everything else RO and DoI share, and maybe tone down the ability for explosives to destroy buildings/houses slightly (are the houses in Narvik made of cardboard/thin sheets of plywood? I mean windows blowing out I can understand, but most of the pictures we see of ruined/bombed-out buildings are from hour-long artillery bombardments, or bombs weighing in hundreds of kilograms, or fires that burned unstopped for hours to days) and they've got a miracle "hardcore/realistic shooter" on their hands).

Either way I'd also like to see faction-weapons/gadgets return to the game, as it would really enhance the atmosphere and perhaps make it a bit more immersive.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    BF4 was perfect, except the 3D spotting, oh I really miss those sweet days... battlelog and all!! its all sad really, how Dice totaly destroys a working formula...

Man do we all have short memory span.
  • Candysalmon
    65 postsMember Member
    i've had a ton of moments where I get one shot by a sniper,

and tons of moment where I make it to cover after being shot,

I think the ttk is fine, alot of people are complaining because they dont want to improve, You can no longer run head first 100% of the time, Corner checking and sound awareness is king again,

Battlefield is back
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure players like this will do just fine in this iteration too: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/Skanic

But, yes. What they did to this game is nerfing good solo players to appease good team players. Which is fine.
    Thing is, I'm not sure it will grow the player base at all. It's just too frustrating playing alone with randoms. I'd expect fewer "blueberries" to "farm" and more discord squad opposition in the years to come.