Let. Us. Skip. The. Bleedout.

2»

Comments

• Gravmaskinen
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it the way it is. BF1 made it impossible to revive as all ppl just disappeared. It shouldn't matter if you want to respawn. To be able to cut out the bleed makes the medic class less viable.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    i like the waiting on the floor because it lets me look around and see where the enemy players are, how many there are, etc.

i could tell my squadmates where the enemies are so they know in advance.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I kind of agree though that BF1 did it better. There are moments when you don't want a revive (died by a corner camper waiting for someone to come revive you, f.e.). Instant skip would be good in those situations.

-This happened to me quite a few times, and while I was bleeding out I really did wish I could mark the guy corner camping. The nice thing is that you're able to look around so you can call out if you have a mic.

Then you go to a clunky squad spawn, that doesn't even let you spawn on said squadmates because they're always under fire, or in an airplane with no available seats. So eventually you spawn on a squadmate, with no idea where you are (you didn't see the map), and you die in 3 seconds because you can't situate your position, let alone know where the enemy is. The spawn cycle repeats.

-Not really touching on the topic, but BF5 drastically improved on this by letting a better view before you spawn on teammates.

Or hey, you want to use a vehicle? Well bad luck, you will never know if vehicles are available, unless you avoid the squad spawn system entirely and always go to the minimap to spawn. But then again, what is the purpose of the squad spawn?

-There's a redeploy option if you're so inclined to use a vehicle at any given moment.

... don't get me started on changing loadout in a match, which is something I really do quite often. But okay, there's too much to say about that for this thread.

-Again, there's a redeploy option.
  • KriZ_Rul3Z
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    Not really touching on the topic, but BF5 drastically improved on this by letting a better view before you spawn on teammates.
    Well... no. You see what your squadmate is doing, but the map view gave a looooot more information. Actually, BF4 did it best by showing the map, and a small preview of your squadmate.
    pest174 wrote: »
    There's a redeploy option if you're so inclined to use a vehicle at any given moment.
    First: I didn't find the redeploy button in BF5 yet, honest question: where is it? Could come in handy when the revive bug hits me again (unable to spawn).

That aside, I don't see how redeploying is the solution. The problem is that you don't see if vehicles are available without going to the map view, every single time. Yes, it is possible to go to the map view every time, I know that. The point is that it makes the squad spawn system useless, if people are going to ignore it anyways.
  • RossP317
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My issue with reviving is the animation exposes you to to the exact same source of the first person's death. On BF1 you can belly crawl to revive but with BFV animation you stand up fully exposed to the enemy.
  • Moon_Roxx
    13 postsMember Member
    Sitting here for 10 seconds doing nothing after I die is absolutely ridiculous. Let those who want to skip it do that. If people wanna sit around hoping for a revive thats fine. Let them. But forcing us to do nothing and stare at the sky everytime we die is getting really old really fast. Especially when there is no medic nearby.

Just set it to where if we die and there is no teammate or medic within 50 meters it automatically skips. If there is a medic within 50 meters then give us the bleedout, but just let us hold X to skip it if we want to.

skipping is counter productive. are you even playing with your squad? if your with your squad they can bring you back. better with a medic in your squad. skipping does nothing and if your one of those people who just likes to die then maybe its for the good of the team not to waste tickets.
  • CoyotexStarrk619
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You people are missing the point. There are several tactical reasons to skip the bleedout as well.

What if I die and there is an enemy watching my bleedout waiting to kill someone that tries to revive me? What then? Just sit there and let them camp me while they mow down medic after medic?
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You people are missing the point. There are several tactical reasons to skip the bleedout as well.

What if I die and there is an enemy watching my bleedout waiting to kill someone that tries to revive me? What then? Just sit there and let them camp me while they mow down medic after medic?

People forgot that the revive system in BF4 was perfect, you could skip AFTER THE FACT THAT YOU WERE REVIVED NOT REMOVING THE CHOICE FROM THE MEDIC ENTIRELY. BF1 tried to change things for the sake of change and introduced the skip revive BEFORE THE MEDIC HAD A CHOICE, making the medics worthless. DICE was so stubborn and tried to defend this bad mechanic by naively thinking that spotted teammates were going to wait for the rez. Funny how these forum posters forgot about BF4 and cannot grasp the subtleties in the design from THE GOATV2 AKA BF4.
  • V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sitting here for 10 seconds doing nothing after I die is absolutely ridiculous. Let those who want to skip it do that. If people wanna sit around hoping for a revive thats fine. Let them. But forcing us to do nothing and stare at the sky everytime we die is getting really old really fast. Especially when there is no medic nearby.

Just set it to where if we die and there is no teammate or medic within 50 meters it automatically skips. If there is a medic within 50 meters then give us the bleedout, but just let us hold X to skip it if we want to.

YOU.CAN.ALREADY.SKIP.THE.BLEEDOUT
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Either skip or make it faster, it is a bit too slow.
  • bmillsy513
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I like BF5's option of prolonging the bleedout if you want to, to wait for a medic. But I also somewhat agree with the OP to a point.

I think the ideal 'skip' system would be based on how close the nearest medic is. The closer the medic, the longer the skip time. The further the medic is, the skip time accelerates. And if there is no medic nearby at all, it should be an instant skip option.
    Post edited by bmillsy513 on
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bmillsy513 wrote: »
    I like BF5's prolonging the bleedout, to wait for a medic. But I also somewhat agree with the OP to a point.

I think the ideal 'skip' system would be based on how close the nearest medic is. The closer the medic, the longer the skip time. The further the medic is, the skip time accelerates. And if there is no medic nearby at all, it should be an instant skip option.

I did notice something like this, or it could be a bug. Whenever I would rush/flank the enemy team near their spawn on Grand Operations, I would bleed out extremely fast.
  • DominicO65
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should further accelerate the skip time
  • contractor1986
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skipping the revive really kills alot of good medics effort. I really hate that people want to do that because there are medics out there trying to help out alot. I completely gave up playing medic because if the rambos out there who want to skip revives. I think they tried to help that in this game by changing it. They also took health regeneration away. I hope it stays just like it is so the medics can be medics. The game can not be tailored to just one play style.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skipping actually helps medics, i'd prefer if someone was going to skip to do it instantly so i can concentrate on those who want it, i would also love it if they know there's a threat not to drag me into the situation.
    Medics 'hard work' has nothing to do with it, why should a player be forced to revive or wait just so you can get your points, real meds...useful meds revive the people who want to be revived and only those people.
    As stated there's also quite a few tactical reasons for it, like not having ammo, being in a dangerous spot, needing to change kits(to say an assault to take out tank).
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    [post removed - abusive and toxic]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Keep it the same length, get rid of the stupid hold to bleed out and make it press to bleed out. Then when you die, let me go to the overview and not directly looking at my squad deployment.