Uneven sides every time I play

robin_conway
10 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it me or is this game ruined by people leaving the game. I’ve played now a few hours every night and at no point have I been in a game that had even sides. It’s always the the same half a team on my side and a full team on the other. Plus the fact ten out of the 15 make the fantastic decision to be snipers. Which of course makes more people leave. You should only be allowed so many snipers on one side and if you leave mid game all the time then you should be put with people that do the same or loose rank or items. I just bought season pass and to be honest wish I hadn’t because it must all be children playing and leaving because you’ve lost on flag.

Comments

• D3V-GRU
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its a bit of everything: peeps leaving, peeps switching to the winning team, DICE's always crappy matchmaking (which IMHO, doesn't actually exist...) and bad luck. Let's face it, if you've just joined a game, then you're likely put on the team with the least players, which is also the losing team, and the matchmaking for the next round doesn't do much to shake up the sides, esp now with more platoon oriented squads playing together (and thus harder to move from side to side, keeping balance).

Its all messed up. Best is to accept it, and keep playing, hoping that you will eventually be matched with better players, or, you know, switch to another server. Sometimes I have been put onto the winning side. :)

There used to be a time when players were switched between teams MID-GAME to keep them balanced, but I haven't seen that for aeyonks.
  • TheUltimateM16
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Huh? Did you say something? Sorry, we're too busy with our WW1 Siege knockoff." - DICE
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With Dice monopolising server rentals they've prevented community made plugins that helped keep previous Battlefield games balanced. Plugins that switched players to even up the player count and prevent players switching to the winning side and all that.

I wouldn't expect Dice to work on their team balance any time soon. If it's not a new "coming soon" feature, they tend not to care about it.
  • robin_conway
    10 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I recently watched a good video on Utube and the guy was saying that with EA we all fall for it every year. They roll out a new trailer and everybody forgets the misery they have been putting us through the previous year with rubbish servers and games not being bug fixed.
    They want your money and then don’t care about following up on their promises.
    If we all stuck together and just didn’t buy new releases they would take action or go out of business. COME WE SHALL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE LANDING GROUNDS WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER. Haha
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This issue has been around pretty much since release. Nothing new to hear honestly. And it also doesn't look like Dice will fix their nonexistent matchmaking.
  • Getier
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, the broken matchmaking in this game is by far the worst issue but hasn't been aknowledged by dice yet.
    I can assure you that if I play 5 games per day and stay in the team the matchmaking put me in, I will losse all 5 by a large margin. The only option for a solo player to win a game from time to time is teamswitching(as sad as it is.....).

And never ever use quickmatch to find a server, it's a guaranteed loss.

The core problem are not the leaving player it's the matchmaking itself which creates massive unbalanced teams from the start. I had conquest games in which one side consistet of 3 full pre made platoon squads lvl 110+ and the other team was a bunch of randoms with an average level around 70 and it wasn't a private server......
  • -Ozwal-Cobblepot
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A year later... nothing has changed. Can't buy the next one. The balance issue is crazy.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The teambalancer is also a bad joke. It doesnt help a bit and feels pretty random.
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    @LOLGotYerTags

Dad! He’s doing it again!!