Been thinking of getting BF4....

BrandonNighthawk
75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
Hi guys, I hope you you guys can help. First off, I know it says by my name that I have BF4 but that happen when I got BF1 or Hardline, it was some extras that I didn't know what they we're were so please ignore that.

OK, Off and on I have been thinking of BF4. I chose Hardline over it a couple years back and I still love it. I thought BF4 was too much like COD (COD is good but I found BF:H & BF1 more fun) but still having been thinking of it. I am on PS4. Ok, My main concerns are these:

1. Are the servers still running/good and people playing the base game maps & modes?

2. If so then how long will the servers still be running?

3. Is the expanded/DLC maps & modes popular and still active compared to non-active Hardline DLC (I bought the deluxe and nobody plays the DLC which I thought looked great)?

4. Should I buy reg or Premium?

If anything else please let Me know!

That's it guys, I hope you BF veterans can help Me out here!
Post edited by BrandonNighthawk on

Comments

• xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    1. Yeah there is still a ton of servers, the game has a really healthy population for a game that is 5 years old.

2. Who knows, they won't be going anywhere anytime soon though. BF3 servers are still running on PS3 and that's a couple of years older than BF4.

3. You can still find DLC maps been played but the only mode been played these days is Conquest.

4. If you can pick up the premium edition of the game for cheap I'd get that otherwise just get the regular edition.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Yeah there is still a ton of servers, the game has a really healthy population for a game that is 5 years old.

2. Who knows, they won't be going anywhere anytime soon though. BF3 servers are still running on PS3 and that's a couple of years older than BF4.

3. You can still find DLC maps been played but the only mode been played these days is Conquest.

4. If you can pick up the premium edition of the game for cheap I'd get that otherwise just get the regular edition.

Pretty much this
  • BrandonNighthawk
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the help!
  • CapBannonPL
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the help!

Don't even hesitate, this game may have a few little minuses like any other, but BF4 has a LOT MORE strong sides and there is till tens of thousands players. You will be very happy! For me the best BF in history.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018

This. Player counts are (somehow) still available here: https://bf4db.com/stats
    Do not know what happened to the BF4stats and BFtracker API.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

bf4stats are showing again now.

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018

bf4stats are showing again now.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population too! Glad they are back.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x

Same mate, I was getting paranoid they were trying to kill my favourite game as they disappeared the same day the V beta went live lol.

I posted on the bf4stats forum how I found it odd they stopped working too.

• PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You won't regret it. BF4 is awesome! Still play it all the time. I totally gave up on BF1 little over a year ago & went back to BF4 & even the occasional BF3.
  • BrandonNighthawk
    edited December 2018
    OK guys, I got it. I waited for a good sale and got the Premium Edtion for $11.99 as a PS Plus member! I must say I see where Hardline got its stuff from. I find the game very good and fun. The graphics and the game-play itself is better than i thought it would be!

I really like BF4 but it seems like nobody plays Night operations anymore? I want to play the night maps especially the Shanghai one at night which for Me that was one of My major points of wanting this game in the first place! Why is it the maps that I really want o play like the awesome & really cool DLC ones on Hardline nobody plays??

Is it just Me guys or nobody play DLC? I mean I am a rookie on BF4 unlike the rest of the games now. If anybody can gimme any tips about playing the bonus as to when people actually play then and so on or if I'm doing something wrong I would appreciate it.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    OK guys, I got it. I waited for a good sale and got the Premium Edtion for $11.99 as a PS Plus member! I must say I see where Hardline got its stuff from. I find the game very good and fun. The graphics and the game-play itself is better than i thought it would be!

I really like BF4 but it seems like nobody plays Night operations anymore? I want to play the night maps especially the Shanghai one at night which for Me that was one of My major points of wanting this game in the first place! Why is it the maps that I really want o play like the awesome & really cool DLC ones on Hardline nobody plays??

Is it just Me guys or nobody play DLC? I mean I am a rookie on BF4 unlike the rest of the games now. If anybody can gimme any tips about playing the bonus as to when people actually play then and so on or if I'm doing something wrong I would appreciate it.

With battlelog (battlelog.battlefield.com) you will have more filter options then with the ingame UI. It also allows you to install a fix for the wrong playercount issue: https://goo.gl/mec74A
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah populated DLC servers can be a bit rare. As for the night maps, the night version of Zavod 311 is the only there is. Night versions of Shanghai and Golmud were cut during development unfortunately.
  • BrandonNighthawk
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

Yeah populated DLC servers can be a bit rare. As for the night maps, the night version of Zavod 311 is the only there is. Night versions of Shanghai and Golmud were cut during development unfortunately.

Yeah, I'll say the DLC servers are rare, I should be used to it by now since it the same deal with Hardline which IMO is just plain wrong!! Well thanks for that big tip Ameeba, I had no clue that those night version were were cut and I was thinking that they were not and well, that just plain sucks!!!!!! Thanks again for the reply.

• PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The game is still awesome. As far as the dlc, I notice it helps some, if I'm wanting to play a specific map, to narrow the search to that specific map or narrow it to that specific dlc set and I find more servers for it. This is on ps4 as well. Doesn't always work, but there is still a fair bit of dlc activity on bf4.