An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Can you not throw med packs with R1 on PS4 anymore? Ammo pouches work but even that not always. If I try to throw med packs to a support it requests ammo. It's kind of hard to use left on d-pad all the time...

You can only throw one if someone needs one.

No way??

Yeah, R1 doesn't work with Medic. Bug or intentional?
  • Damageproof
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Is headshot can hit only 50 damage? Dice, Are you crazy?
  • Dddsasul
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I don't know where's the bug report thread but https://gyazo.com/ce6ca289a1b637f63107fcb8e20dd47b this happened, I was in critical death, I didn't even get to the screen that lets me chose to stay alive/die or the redeploy screen and I got revived, after that I died instantly and could not choose, at the end of the gif it just froze and crashed. Did not receive any type of send crash report if it has any.
  • CHUCK_NORIIIS
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RADIO BEACON how unlock ??
    I have 7 level. BUGFIELD V
  • MadMaxandMACO
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    The waiting time is too long. Bleeding, than waiting 8 secs more before getting back in the field.... Too much guys!!!!
    The map is designed in a way that we can't get out of predefined routes and lanes. Can't climb certain ridges, even if they're low and accessible. Way worst than previous BF. It looks more and more like Battlefront. Very bad for a BF title.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you not throw med packs with R1 on PS4 anymore? Ammo pouches work but even that not always. If I try to throw med packs to a support it requests ammo. It's kind of hard to use left on d-pad all the time...

No way??

Intentional
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No way??

Intentional

Why?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No way??

Intentional

Why?

I don't know. I didnt develop the game.

My theory is they really wanted to differentiate between the crate and the back since in BF1 there really was no use to have a crate.
  • TheFightingUsik
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    On the "overview map" spawn screen you need to highlight the person's name that you have the cursor hovering over. That tiny little arrow next to their name is hard enough to see as is but totally disappears if there's a white back ground. You want us to be all about squad play but I can't even tell who I'm spawning in on...?

Why can't I open doors without bashing into them?

Why do explosives completely suck? I can take the face off a building with a grenade launcher but it doesn't do squat to a soldier.

Why are there so many animations? Just let me out of the freaking truck already!

Why can't I tell an enemy from a friendly? Especially planes?

Why in the kill cam does it turn toward the sniper that shot me but doesn't actually show me where he is? You made a gillion little hidey holes and then encouraged camping with your attrition system but you don't give me the tools to seek out and kill those guys.

Why can I jump off a fifty foot bridge and do a fancy little roll and keep right on trucking but I can't hop up a three foot rock with snow on it?

Why did you just remake Call of Duty Ghosts?

Please, Dice, I'm uneducated, so please educate me...
  • Aniallator83
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    resupplies: why should i have to rely on resupplies the ammo count is way to low and on regenerate health is too slow i like the resupplies but i shouldn't have rely on them. Spotting: for the love of god bring it back removing it was just stupid. respawning: between the time it takes to bleed out & respawn takes way too long.
  • Dddsasul
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    We were attacking one of the bombs was not spawning, the other didn't give the prompt to plant at some point the game just froze: https://gyazo.com/8c4f15f1d827edf3bdb4817c00b1de85
  • Aniallator83
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please make the melee less sensitive i had the same problem with the stick with BF1 i've tried different controllers
  • nekronomichron
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    forget authenticity, forget people complaining about low ammo count, forget people complaining that (insert reason why it isn't exactly identical to COD). remember what got us hooked in the first place- squad based play WITH BALANCED CLASSES AND ITEMS, BALANCE VEHICLE/INFANTRY PLAY. BALANCE WEAPON RANGE/DAMAGE, REMOVE UPGRADE TREE THAT SHARES CURRENCY WITH VISUAL UPGRADES (GET THAT BATTLEFRONT TRASH OUTTA MY BATTLEFIELD), ADD MORE WEAPONS, REPLACE UPGRADE TREE WITH WEAPON ATTACHMENTS (LIKE SERIOUSLY, I NEED TO BUY A SECOND VERSION OF MY GUN TO CUSTOMIZE IT? AGAIN GET THAT BATTLEFRONT TRASH OUTTA MY BATTLEFIELD), FIX DEPLOY SCREEN, MAKE CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE DURING MATCH, MAKE MEDIC ONLY CLASS THAT CAN REVIVE, MAKE MEDIC ONLY CLASS THAT CAN REVIVE, MAKE MEDIC ONLY CLASS THAT CAN REVIVE, REMOVE BLEEDOUT, REMOVE GARBAGE VISUAL FILTERS AND ACTUALLY WORK ON GRAPHICS ENGINE, FIX HIT BOXES, FOR GODS SAKE FIX THE HIT BOXES, MAKE MEDIC ONLY CLASS THAT CAN REVIVE, ADD MORE WEAPONS, REMOVE CUSTOMIZATION TREE.

how is it possible that y'all had your hands on a golden formula with 4 and literally decided to trash every element that distinguished the game and enforced balance. did you all not learn anything from the BF1 and Battlefront 2 launches. are the COD obsessed youtube crowd really the only opinions you care about? us series veterans are just sitting here watching it die and lamenting how such a well done formula could just be trashed.
  • WereCatf
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    One thing that [annoys me] ENORMOUSLY, ALL THE FRICKING TIME is how the game insists on stealing all control away from you all the time by not allowing you to cancel joining a fight, not letting you quit from a fight after it's ended unless you wait several minutes on the score-screen, forcing you to just wait with your thumb up your [removed] when you're dead while holding down a button -- why even have three different speeds there in the first place? Just default to the "Yelling for help" and then accept a single button-press to speed the timer up and another press of the same button to cancel the speeding, returning you back to the "Yelling for help" - state? Making people pointlessly hold button down for ZERO reason is just a stupid mechanic and very much irritating!

[post edited due to profanity - LGYT]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • TheFightingUsik
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why can my tank drive through a building and engage enemy armor but it can't blow up one of the million sedans just sitting around?

Why do I have EIGHTY rounds of pistol ammo but only sixty rounds of rifle ammo?

Why is there so much stuff in the air? Since there's boogey men behind every crate and in every shadow I'm all amped up for movement and there's birds and leaves and paper and whatever else floating around. I'm spinning around thinking a grenade is flipping end over end at me only to discover it's a freaking seagull. Of course, then I get killed by someone camping in a shadow behind me.

Killed by STG44. Killed by STG44. Killed by STG44. Killed by Lee Enfield. Killed by STG44. Killed by STG44. Killed by STG44. Killed by Lee Enfield.

Why do I hear someone coming through the water on my left, perform a sneak on the threat only to discover it's a freaking whale and then as I stare in disbelief I m promptly killed from behind by the enemy that I couldn't hear? A whale. Planes suck but by golly we've got a whale!!!

Why is the bi-pod so insanely screwed up??? It's always flipping out there or not and I can't tell you how many times I got killed so it could go through the stupid animation when I didn't even want the bi-pod out any way!

Why do all the people sound like they're from Mary Poppins? Cheerio ole chap! It's a violent video game wherein YOU have CHOSEN to include women getting shot in the face but we can't have a cuss word here or there?

Why is it so hard to know if I killed someone? Why is there not more visual feedback (ya know, like blood) and why is the message so small and mundane?

Why do I have to look so hard to see my health status? What happened to the blood screen?

Okay, that's from the last two hours of play. If I can stand to watch that amazingly painful death animation another twenty times I might play some more later and have some more feedback.

Right now, I'm not just asking why, I'm asking why bother?
  • DorsetGuy
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Would be cool if we could add stationary weapons to each fortification, i think that stationary weapons should automatically appear after each captured base has all it's fortifications fully built as a reward. shielded machine guns on top of sandbags and some barbed wire would be nice. Just saying. Can we please have the " I need back up / go go go/ follow me/ commands back too. Can't believe you got rid of that stuff.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a great looking game.

So far I would like the following things improved or added:

1. Option to turn off HDR
    2. Bring back Airfields and Aircraft carriers for planes to take off from
    3. More ammo
    4. Get rid of the revive system and bring back the old medic revive only.
    5. Add a reverse camera for vehicles
    6. Add swastikas
    7. Use the original 1942/1943 theme music or use the same kind of music from the old medal of honours
    8. Get rid of modern style menus, use old style menus that resemble the 1942 era.

Just some features I think would make me want to keep pre order.
  • RogerTheAtheist
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    For a little background, my first Battlefield was Battlefield 3 on the 360. I absolutely loved its multiplayer, especially QCB and Rush on Metro; although I thought its campaign was horrible (one of the worst in any FPS). I played a bit of Battlefield 4 on PC but not much because it crashed often. I tried Hardline at a relative's house and kind of liked the campaign but wasn't that impressed with the game overall. I played Bad Company 2 long after its time and liked its campaign for the most part but didn't get to try its multiplayer. I thought that Battlefield 1 on the PS4 was a step in the right direction in terms of storytelling and the smoothness of multiplayer, although I haven't played it as much as BF3 because I'm not as much of a fan of WWI-era weapons. (I'm playing it now and like it more than I originally did.) My best memories of playing Battlefield 3 were of the excellent gunplay and constantly unlocking and switching to different weapons and attachments; and in Battlefield 4 I loved how carbines, PDWs, and DMRs were handled.

I was excited about Battlefield V when I saw the trailer, and I loved the first match that I played. My interest began to decrease after that, and it went up a bit after playing again today, but I still have some major concerns that I hope will be addressed by launch. Here's a summary:

Strengths:
    • Great gunplay as always
    • Slightly different classes with each BF to make each game feel unique
    • The visuals are amazing except for what seems like slightly limited draw distance
    • New mechanics such as building structures, enhanced mobility (running while crouched is great), requesting things using the wheel / quick menu, and shooting planes down
    • The sheer number of options, such as being able to choose which color appears when you get a headshot or shoot armor
    • Assignments
    • A server browser and advanced search options
    • The inclusion of female playable characters
    Concerns:
    • Possibly a very limited number of weapons like in BF1
    • No more enemy spotting by having them in your sights and pressing a button, although being able to at least mark a location is appreciated (is it possible to remove it?)
    • The long time it takes to switch between tabs, most notably in the post-game menu
    • I often can't see prompts to pick up weapons from fallen teammates and enemies
    • There's little sense of unlock progression since it seems very slow, and I can't tell how much I'm progressing during gameplay
    • I can't exit until I wait for a new game to load and start
    • I can't quickly choose to just die so that I can get to the respawn screen
    • The quick menu where you hold a button to issue orders and such is uncomfortable and unreliable; there should be an option to toggle it instead
    • The ability to toss ammo or health to teammates seems unreliable, with the icon only sometimes popping up
    • Likewise, knifing sometimes seem to stab instead of do an assassination; an on-screen prompt showing when an assassination will be done would be ideal
    • With weapon upgrades, having fixed paths and needing to get a second copy in order to try new combinations feels limited; this discourages experimentation
    • Almost all cosmetic upgrades that I've gotten so far were the dull green color
    • In the demo, upgraded weapons are bugged, so I have to get a new copy of a weapon I've added an attachment to in order to spawn with it
    • I can't select most attachments in Your Company, and no explanation is given as to why (such as a level requirement)
    • I'm wondering if there will be maps where players are less out in the open most of the time, since at any given time I could be sniped from 50 different hiding places
    • Why have two separate menus for weapons? It would be more convenient to set up classes, customize weapons, and buy skins in the same place
    • I'm hoping that aim assist will be disabled in ranked games
    • There should be an option to go to the deploy overview screen by default
    • It would be nice to see the name of the weapon I'm currently holding in the HUD
    • If there aren't already, it would be useful to see icons in the minimap of where weapons are that can be picked up
    • Vehicles don't seem as fun to use
    • It would be useful to see a mini-map or icons for how far away teammates in any squad are when you're bleeding out to see if waiting is worth it
    • Having to buy upgrades with currency in the main menu, meaning you don't get access to new attachments mid-game while you play
    • EA's history of microtransactions; I'm hoping there won't be any microtransaction-exclusive content or intentionally slow progression to promote microtransactions including for cosmetics
    • How many maps and game modes will there be at launch? Is the rumor true of rush not being included?
    • Health and ammo icons aren't distinguishable enough; maybe use an A or a magazine icon for ammo
    • When moving, the lines on my sniper rifle's long-range scope change (two thick lines instead of one line)
    • When crouching and moving, my line of sight is a little higher than when still
    • Assignments seem to take time to update, often not being updated in post-game screens; and explosives-based assignments don't seem to be counting at all, at least the current two that I'm trying to get (in the one that specifies being an assault, I'm the right class)
    • On the spawn screen, there's no apparent way to go back to the third-person view, and it's hard to see who's in a vehicle because of the small icons
    • If there's a way to see which teammates ask for health/ammo/etc. on the mini-map, I'm not aware of it; I think things like this should be more visible
    • It would be very useful to see a death icon on the minimap to know where I died
    • While the game searches for and loads lobbies, it would be great to customize my classes and weapons and browse and accept assignments
    • Having to separately upgrade the same weapon for different sides (between this and locked upgrade trees, this seems fishy, like a way to promote microtransactions)
    • It would be nice to have an in-game codex with history, lore, weapon information, and a guide for what all of the icons means and how the systems work (for example, what exactly you get with those packs you pick up from dead bodies)
    Post edited by RogerTheAtheist on
  • TheeKromeWolf
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    [comment removed due to profanity, filter circumvention, All caps]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14491 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @WereCatf
    Let's keep it clean please, Swearing on the forum is not permitted, Per forum rules.

@TheeKromeWolf
    As above, Profanity is not permitted on the Forum.

Additionally, ALL CAPS and circumventing the filter are also violations of the rules.

Bare this in mind moving forward, Thank you.