Any Bethesda fans?

eskeatv
111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 2018
What are your favorite Bethesda games? Looking forward to any new games?
Starfield? ES6? Maybe you're more into Rage? Did you pre-order that shiny Helmt for 76?

Post edited by eskeatv on

Comments

• Tactical_wizzzeR
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Todd Howard is my favorite storyteller
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm a big fan of Doom 2016, in fact i play it more than battlefield now. I liked Skyrim a lot too.

However, most of their other games have no appeal to me. Especially Bioshock and fallout. The animations and movements in their games are too...''jerky'' - there's something just unnatural with how everyone moves, and I'm sure my old playstation 1 games had better character animations than their recent games. I've tried most of them but give up after 10 minutes. How anyone plays an FPS like bioshock is beyond me when there's no fluidity to the game. I tried the demo of Dishonoured which I would have found otherwise interesting and it was the same.
  • JAREDUP
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I enjoy fallout and Skyrim. But my favorite has to be Dishonored, the game was fun, challenging and had a unique story
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haven't played one ive disliked yet. Pretty good track record for me. With a few thousand hours and probably over 100 characters across all their games.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Doom and Fallout 3, was not a big fan of fallout 4.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13703 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited August 2018
    What are your favorite Bethesda games?

The only Bethesda games I own are Elder Scrolls : Skyrim, Elder Scrolls : Skyrim special edition and The Evil Within.

I've gotta say though, Skyrim ( both versions are my favourites )
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Oblivion is my favorite Bethesda game and was the last game of their's that I enjoyed. Haven't been too impressed with anything after. Their games have been pretty 'meh' to me since then.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Oblivion is my favorite Bethesda game and was the last game of their's that I enjoyed. Haven't been too impressed with anything after. Their games have been pretty 'meh' to me since then.

Only thing i hate about their newer games. Is they seem to be getting away from key RPG elements. Imo these are what made their games so great and repayable.

Skyrim took away from this by having amost no consequence for any action, no matter how large. Kill half a town? Pay a bounty and everything is fine. Kill the emperor? Can still join the legion and fight for the empire. Its kinda immersion breaking at times.

Fallout 4 takes this to the next level. While you can be vilified by a hand full of factions, the voiced player just kills it. And even with voice removal mods, all the dialogue is still set up for that voiced character, and no matter what you say, the outcome is almost always the same, making dialogue options nearly pointless....

This is why new vegas was the best in the series imo. Be careful what you say, or who you kill, or you might have entire factions hunting you down.
  • AldirTheBlood

Only thing i hate about their newer games. Is they seem to be getting away from key RPG elements. Imo these are what made their games so great and repayable.

Skyrim took away from this by having amost no consequence for any action, no matter how large. Kill half a town? Pay a bounty and everything is fine. Kill the emperor? Can still join the legion and fight for the empire. Its kinda immersion breaking at times.

Fallout 4 takes this to the next level. While you can be vilified by a hand full of factions, the voiced player just kills it. And even with voice removal mods, all the dialogue is still set up for that voiced character, and no matter what you say, the outcome is almost always the same, making dialogue options nearly pointless....

This is why new vegas was the best in the series imo. Be careful what you say, or who you kill, or you might have entire factions hunting you down.

I agree. I loved Skyrim for the first two or three weeks but then i ran out of things to do. Had to force myself through the quests because I was hoping for some kind of cool payoff or twist but they just ended up being bland A to B quests.

I can't remember a single faction questline or any of the characters. The magic was bland and after the game glitched and Shadowmere disappeared never to be seen again I quit. It was just an all around empty, bland experience for me.
    Couldn't get into the Fallouts at all. I have them and still try but I just can't get into them even though I loved the original ones on PC.

It just seems like Bethesda is releasing a game engine with a bare bones game and letting the modders finish and fix their stuff the last few years. But I'll admit I'm pretty picky about my RPGs and most people will overlook the shortcomings of their games because Bethesda are the only ones really putting out open world RPGs of that type that I have seen.
  • HonestSoul333
    Yea nobody else is really doing it. Least not as well. We have stuff like the Witcher 3, but thats hardly an rpg, more like a open world story game, albeit its still a great game.

But really most of Bethesdas competition is open world shooters like Farcry and Ghost Recon. And those are hardly comparable.

Wish someone else would make good open world rpg games, but really the rpg genre as a whole is dying :(
  • AldirTheBlood
    I agree. I miss old hardcore RPGs. I personally thought that Two Worlds 2 was great despite its quirks. I enjoyed it more than Skyrim.

And its not just RPGs dying. Tactical shooters are all but extinct on console. The last real one I played was OFP Dragon Rising. Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six havent been tactical shooters in ten years and SOCOM is far dead.

I feel like games that take thought and dedication are going by the wayside as a whole. Theyre all turning into generic action adventure games.