Why has Spotting been changed

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’m glad 3D spitting is gone. That feature is for noobs and point hores. Give me a break, I spot an enemy and now all of a sudden my entire team can just follow a red marker on the screen to get an easy kill? That’s noob game play all day every day. Now you actually have to play with skill and find and track your targets.

Been saying it for years. I'm glad most of the original mechanics are back.

Bro, apparently this is the most cod and/or kiddie bf ever.

Limited ammo, limited Doritos, limited heath regen. Yip...

It's the go to nerd rage argument for battlefield. It's beyond silly and just makes their rants sound hilarious. The best is when they say it's too hardcore and in the same paragraph compare it to cod.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’m glad 3D spitting is gone. That feature is for noobs and point hores. Give me a break, I spot an enemy and now all of a sudden my entire team can just follow a red marker on the screen to get an easy kill? That’s noob game play all day every day. Now you actually have to play with skill and find and track your targets.

Been saying it for years. I'm glad most of the original mechanics are back.

Bro, apparently this is the most cod and/or kiddie bf ever.

Limited ammo, limited Doritos, limited heath regen. Yip...

It's the go to nerd rage argument for battlefield. It's beyond silly and just makes their rants sound hilarious. The best is when they say it's too hardcore and in the same paragraph compare it to cod.

I lol everytime I see posts like that. I see the same exact whining in PubG forums.

If it's in anyway more difficult than run-n-gun mag dumping or easy peasy fish in a barrel shooting they whine.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    AnzacPete wrote: »
    I haven't got the hang of the new spotting wheel at all. I'm useless with it and half the time I get killed using it. I'm refraining from using it as it's not intuitive to me atm.

Spotting wheel? Seriously whats that? I've just been pressing 's' when using the monocular which didn't seem right. Crap.
    Can somebody please tell me how to use this tool.

all it takes is looking in their general direction. You can even spot them behind sand bags.

What as simple as that? Geez.
    Thanks
  • phoenix1368
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I am going to lie, I wanna my "FIRE AND GET SPOTTED" back. I am just so sick of getting shoot from behind and under the fxxxing tree~!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The bxxch hide under the tree, it is just fxxking not possible to know. It will take a sec for you to realize that motherfxxxer is under the tree, even when you stand in front of him.
    This is what happened, when map gets too big. Too many spot that you can hide. I am going to lie, those people disgust me. they dont care about how many people they kill, they dont care how many times they die. They just wanna hide there for that one bloody kill, and he happy for rest of the round.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,

Just got the BFV beta today and I am not impressed. It feels a lot more like COD and not the Battlefield that I have loved and played for years.
    A big part of my distaste I feel is because BFV has changed its spotting mechanics. Why the hell did this have to be changed. Now we have people just camping and sneaking up on each other. It genuinely sucks and takes fun away from the game.

I'll probably just stick with BF1 or find a new game if this very significant mechanics isn't fixed.

Oh you mean you need the crutches from Aidfield 1 to actually get kills?
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the "original BF game mechanics" brought back to BFV are showing a lot of players that they aren't as good as they think. The glaring clarity at how much the recent eras game mechanics (BC2 - BF1) actually aided/helped them is crushing their ego's.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the "original BF game mechanics" brought back to BFV are showing a lot of players that they aren't as good as they think. The glaring clarity at how much the recent eras game mechanics (BC2 - BF1) actually aided/helped them is crushing their ego's.

Its shocking how far this has come. Unlimited ammo, laser accurate weapons, unlimited sprint, enemy spot assist, automatic plane launch assist, limited tanks, unlimited health, almost instant respawn.
  • Rev0verDrive

Its shocking how far this has come. Unlimited ammo, laser accurate weapons, unlimited sprint, enemy spot assist, automatic plane launch assist, limited tanks, unlimited health, almost instant respawn.

Hopefully DICE sticks to the "Classic" model.

I'd love to see them revert back to a single mobile spawn point for each team. And open mains to assault.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if DICE return 3D spotting i will curse them to the end of my time.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    It seems to be a case of no spotting and not being able to see the opponent. So you are left with pot luck as to whether you can engage with the enemy. No talking just means no team work, and the footsteps on some maps are so low volume it is permanent stealth mode.

What should change is as per BF2:MC, that when you are killed by an opponent, especially a sniper, that you death camera focuses on the position of the sniper etc. So then you can find them.

I am not bothered about the spotting, but not being able to see the enemy, their size, etc., is a problem, and does not add teamwork or strategy, apart from camp on a flag waiting for the enemy to turn up - remain still so as not to get noticed.

I get the impression that spotting was more of an issue for PC players - on console, was never an issue as you generally could see the opponent anyway.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Koolaide3
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am going to lie, I wanna my "FIRE AND GET SPOTTED" back. I am just so sick of getting shoot from behind and under the fxxxing tree~!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The bxxch hide under the tree, it is just fxxking not possible to know. It will take a sec for you to realize that motherfxxxer is under the tree, even when you stand in front of him.
    This is what happened, when map gets too big. Too many spot that you can hide. I am going to lie, those people disgust me. they dont care about how many people they kill, they dont care how many times they die. They just wanna hide there for that one bloody kill, and he happy for rest of the round.

FYI, the spotting scope can definitely detect people hiding under trees. Whenever I pass the scope over the tree areas, I typically find at least 1-2. And someone else usually pops them before I can get my rifle out (which tells me they were looking for them as well). My point is if you have even one recon who is actively using their scope and or flares, your team benefits immensely.

Spotting is the domain of recons now.
  • KeithxSavage
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting does make the BF gameplay better. No question. Especially when sniping
  • CastrolFin
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting does make the BF gameplay better. No question. Especially when sniping

Just no. If sniper cant find targets without torritos he should go to the wonderland to play with legos.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm glad its "gone" per say. Still wont stop me from mowing people down.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield was better with spotting. Even if just for personal use. So much going on in the game with the detailed enviroments, spotting was a nice way to not lose your targets so easily. I grt why people don't want to be lit up for the entire enemy team though.

Snipers feel crazy overpowered in this battlefield though with the lack of scope glare and no spotting feature for infantry. This also might be the first battlefield where the soldier camos actually made people near invisible at a distance. I had an easier time finding prone enemies in BF1's sandstorm than in the snow in BF5

Crazy powerful? Lmao all I here on the forums is people complaining they are too weak. To me they seem pretty balanced now. You actually have to find a sniper instead of pressing the spot button until you had a dorito to shoot at.

People complain about them because of the reduced body shot damage. Im complaining about them due to the buff camping has gotten in this game and the ease of headshot kills due to less scope sway and no bullet drop.

I rarely used to get headshot by snipers in previous battlefield titles. Now im getting headshot by rank 1 noobs who haven't even played the game. And cant get revenge due to poor kill cams and lack of spotting.
  • Fretane
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the love of god, let it stay this way. It's such a step forward. This is not casualfield 1, yet. Don't let it turn into it.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just think camping is too strong. At the very least people should show on the map for a moment when they fire their weapon like in BF3
  • SirBobdk
    5323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just think camping is too strong. At the very least people should show on the map for a moment when they fire their weapon like in BF3
    I could live with that, but no more 3D spotting.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

they do show on the map when they fire, what game are you playing?
  • Koolaide3
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield was better with spotting. Even if just for personal use. So much going on in the game with the detailed enviroments, spotting was a nice way to not lose your targets so easily. I grt why people don't want to be lit up for the entire enemy team though.

Snipers feel crazy overpowered in this battlefield though with the lack of scope glare and no spotting feature for infantry. This also might be the first battlefield where the soldier camos actually made people near invisible at a distance. I had an easier time finding prone enemies in BF1's sandstorm than in the snow in BF5

Crazy powerful? Lmao all I here on the forums is people complaining they are too weak. To me they seem pretty balanced now. You actually have to find a sniper instead of pressing the spot button until you had a dorito to shoot at.

People complain about them because of the reduced body shot damage. Im complaining about them due to the buff camping has gotten in this game and the ease of headshot kills due to less scope sway and no bullet drop.

I rarely used to get headshot by snipers in previous battlefield titles. Now im getting headshot by rank 1 noobs who haven't even played the game. And cant get revenge due to poor kill cams and lack of spotting.

That's it. Stop everything. This one got killed by a noob and can't get revenge. BROKEN