We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

BFV - Thoughts from our Community +700 members

GUNNY1966
525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
( 1 ) Re-Spawn times = SUCKS
( 2 ) All the animation = SUCKS - Wait time to get back into the game = REDICULOUS
( 3 ) The time to die or get revived = SUCKS - Either you get revived or you don't, forget the animation = REDICULOUS
( 4 ) Vehicles not functioning as the should = REDICULOUS
( 5 ) Tanks shoot buildings & the building still stands, same as 180mm = REDICULOUS
( 6 ) Tanks can't run over cars or street post, bounces off static objects = REDICULOUS
( 7 ) Air vehicles are pretty much = REDICULOUS
( 8 ) All German or British vehicles, No P40D Mustangs or B17 bombers of which were the most DOMINATE vehicles during the war = REDICULOUS
( 9 ) Trench coats on characters, Maybe in the Ardennes but I assure you there were no Women there only as nurses = REDICULOUS
( 10 ) The game play is decent but the reality is far from the GENUINE BATTLEFIELD series & honestly it's disappointing = TRUTH

You have taken the BATTLEFIELD series & improved it over the years with the EXCELLENT gameplay in BF2142 / BF3 / BF4 & now this! I as well as many others are at a total loss & if we wanted a COD / MOH style gameplay we would have just went to that style of gameplay. Most simply don't get it but we BATTLEFIELD VETERANS DO GET IT! Some of us have been playing for +22 years & we have all came to the consensus that you have TOTALLY removed yourselves from the ORIGINAL SERIES & for that we are disappointed. The above mentioned is from +700 members of just one single community & we all discussed this in a open forum. Some of the topics that were brought up & there's more to it than just these few but overall it's NOT good. Currently we are seeking other avenues of game releases to get a better idea of what & where we might go as most believe we can find a new developer whom will LISTEN to the COMMUNITIES instead of a bunch of kids!

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please tell me those 700 people are not buying the game. You mention genuine battlefield, but you list BF2142 and not BF2, dear lord. The cod comparison is overused and lazy.
  • crabman169
    12644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV's core mechanics are from BF1942 and Vietnam ... The ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD. If anything they brought it back to the Original and dropped all the coddling, gimmick/meta driven, schmeg that's been built up over the last 8 years.

BF1942 and Vietnam had 15s spawn timers AND spawn penalties for consecutive deaths without contribution. Max spawn penalty would have you sitting for 45s.
    BF1942 and Vietnam had medic animations...just like vehicle repair animations.

Complaints about women or cosmetics (skins) is just whining to whine....not muh battlefield.

Got news for you as one of those "Day One series vets from 2002" (16 years). BFBC2 onward wasn't muh Battlefield.

Oof.

~

also; TURN OFF the ridiculous (keyword here) font colour. Its not a pleasant Wall of text
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    r you don't, forget the animation = REDICULOUS
    i want to curs you, vichicles ( tanks) are awesome to play now , slow movements, slow torret rotation and such... dude GTFO with your ''700'' members
  • GUNNY1966
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well that went over well with some of you but you do understand that soon you'll be doing the "PAY AS YOU PLAY" kinda crap & also think about this, You mention it's better, well it's only better if you LOVE to play the recon kit & constantly ground pound. I knew when I made the post some of you from other countries would simply jump right on the chance to make rude or unnecessary comments but that's okay, your entitled to your opinion. BATTLEFIELD4 has more to offer & if you knew anything about server control Revo you would know that you could control the re-spawn time but I guess your smarter than those whom actually own servers! Nice try but your wrong! There are so many things this game is missing & it's sad that most have no idea of what it could be but most are simply used to the COD / MOH style gameplay. Prove me wrong on that!
  • GUNNY1966
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Oh no you didn't :lol:

All your arguments go out the window, when you put BF4 on a pedestal.

Rev literally just pulled your basis for argument to bits.
    I know that, because you went down the route of calling people about cod style of play, the defense of not having a clue.

Edit: Its a beta, of course it's missing stuff :lol:

Explain your point instead of his!
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    What's up with bf4 kids running loose today?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh no you didn't :lol:

All your arguments go out the window, when you put BF4 on a pedestal.

Rev literally just pulled your basis for argument to bits.
    I know that, because you went down the route of calling people about cod style of play, the defense of not having a clue.

Edit: Its a beta, of course it's missing stuff :lol:

Explain your point instead of his!

He's pretty much covered it, it falls on you to tell us why he is wrong, instead of just saying he's wrong.
  • micky2bad
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's RIDICULOUS, do you not trust the spell correct in your browser?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    micky2bad wrote: »
    It's RIDICULOUS, do you not trust the spell correct in your browser?

Don't go there, he's spelt it right ;)
    Everyone else is wrong :)
  • GUNNY1966
    edited September 11
    BFV's core mechanics are from BF1942 and Vietnam ... The ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD. If anything they brought it back to the Original and dropped all the coddling, gimmick/meta driven, schmeg that's been built up over the last 8 years.

BF1942 and Vietnam had 15s spawn timers AND spawn penalties for consecutive deaths without contribution. Max spawn penalty would have you sitting for 45s.
    BF1942 and Vietnam had medic animations...just like vehicle repair animations.

Complaints about women or cosmetics (skins) is just whining to whine....not muh battlefield.

Got news for you as one of those "Day One series vets from 2002" (16 years). BFBC2 onward wasn't muh Battlefield.

BF1942 and Vietnam had 15s spawn timers AND spawn penalties for consecutive deaths without contribution. Max spawn penalty would have you sitting for 45s. <-- REALLY! That was because back then you played in servers of which were GENERIC in the settings & the admins didn't know how to control them!

PROOF can be found within the next three pic's --->
    [img][/img]Settings_zpskt73qmpj.jpg

[img][/img]Gameplay%20settings_zps7yvupmqp.jpg

If you had a admin whom was intelligent enough to run the server you could then spawn as the below pic!

[img][/img]Gameplay%20settings%202_zpsaixjsmpv.jpg

As for the game mechanics they have actually improved thru the +22 years & as for the graphics that as well has improved! So now we can openly discuss the fact if you rent a server from them you can NO LONGER control those aspects. Now back pedal on the shown FACTS!

P.S. This isn't the first BETA I've participated in & I realize technology has evolved but where is the things the communities have asked for in past games that is still missing such as the levolution that BF3 & BF4 had in them. So we traded that for the so called tracks in the snow & buildings that don't destruct. Really I thought we'd see better than what we see now. I like the destruction of the guns when blown up but the animation of your solider getting thrown 10 feet is useless! It could have been much better but now that you have to rent servers from them to pay more & get less is really disappointing!
  • Blackidus
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some pictures

This is true, I played a lot of BF1942 and I never played on any servers with these settings.
    But that´s because I didn´t WANT TO!

If you play on a server with a low respawn time people wont play carefully or wait for revives when those where introduced and therefore throw away tickets.

• GUNNY1966
    edited September 11
    Yes this is true however you can also ALTER the ticket count to a higher level & in doing so you'll see players get more kills per game. For instance we had a BFBCo II server, it was KILLDU Clan 24/7 Attacoma Desert 1200 tickets 64 slots, one would think the round would last over a hour but with 64 slots it lasted roughly 30 minuets give or take a few! Now that they control the settings via their desire to control the gameplay you no longer have that option. Simply put they are masking the cheaters & hackers from getting noticed & at the same time they can ask absorbent prices to rent servers yet nobody understands this. The cheats won't stop, they're simply masked & players just won't see this as they can claim their cheat engine will catch them, YEA RIGHT! I'm sure there are already those whom are more than willing to set up a cheat for this game if they haven't already! Place Your Bets Boys!
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 11
    Sounds to me like your 700+ Community just needs to skip playing BFV and continue playing which ever BF Title everyone prefers. Obviously you’re unhappy with the direction DICE chose to go with BFV so just move on.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ( 1 ) Re-Spawn times = SUCKS
    ( 2 ) All the animation = SUCKS - Wait time to get back into the game = REDICULOUS
    ( 3 ) The time to die or get revived = SUCKS - Either you get revived or you don't, forget the animation = REDICULOUS
    ( 5 ) Tanks shoot buildings & the building still stands, same as 180mm = REDICULOUS
    ( 6 ) Tanks can't run over cars or street post, bounces off static objects = REDICULOUS
    ( 7 ) Air vehicles are pretty much = REDICULOUS
    ( 8 ) All German or British vehicles, No P40D Mustangs or B17 bombers of which were the most DOMINATE vehicles during the war = REDICULOUS
    ( 9 ) Trench coats on characters, Maybe in the Ardennes but I assure you there were no Women there only as nurses = REDICULOUS
    ( 10 ) The game play is decent but the reality is far from the GENUINE BATTLEFIELD series & honestly it's disappointing = TRUTH

You have taken the BATTLEFIELD series & improved it over the years with the EXCELLENT gameplay in BF2142 / BF3 / BF4 & now this! I as well as many others are at a total loss & if we wanted a COD / MOH style gameplay we would have just went to that style of gameplay. Most simply don't get it but we BATTLEFIELD VETERANS DO GET IT! Some of us have been playing for +22 years & we have all came to the consensus that you have TOTALLY removed yourselves from the ORIGINAL SERIES & for that we are disappointed. The above mentioned is from +700 members of just one single community & we all discussed this in a open forum. Some of the topics that were brought up & there's more to it than just these few but overall it's NOT good. Currently we are seeking other avenues of game releases to get a better idea of what & where we might go as most believe we can find a new developer whom will LISTEN to the COMMUNITIES instead of a bunch of kids!

You spelled “ridiculous “ and “dominant “ wrong, bud.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, the fixation on rented servers is laughable.

Why wouldnt he be talking about generic servers, you know, the ones most people will have played on?
    You going on about rented servers has literally no bearing at all on what he said.

You claimed BFV has moved away from the original series.
    Yet Rev told you why that was infact false.

Your only defense now is to go on about rented servers, something you never mentioned in your op.
    You spout on about cod style of play, but this game is so far away from that, makes me believe you was playing the wrong game.

Don't talk about being a vet, and use BF4 as an example of what BF4 should be, it just becomes embarrassing at that point.

dude
    rented servers
    lmao
    can't enjoy the game without those
  • Mystriall
    496 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BF1942 the spawntime was a set interval, sure you could change it to whatever you wanted on your server. But it was always a set interval, and not based on the time of your death.
    -
    BF now uses a set spawntime from when you die, which is a completely different system from what the old BF1942 had.