so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

WALKINGCORPSE1
491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
undecided at this point, beta's a mess imo, not sure what im doing.

Comments

• XDCFluffy
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same as the others more than likely. If enough people in my Origin list buy it the game will be fun. One thing is for certain, I won't be playing as much with randoms!
  • GaZzZoZ
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I might buy the normal edition game seems to run overall well with my setup and the beta grew on me the more i played it. I still find controls a bit irky like 5 to self heal and setting the toolbox thing but otherwise its quite enjoyable when focusing on normal duties and shooting. Tbh i dont really have any other (go to/fps fix) games aside from BF1 or the BF series in general and with 1.5k hours in BF1 im burned out by it, might aswell just buy it and get atleast 6-700 hours worth of fun with it atleast.

Menus and controls need to be fixed a bit i feel its way too slow and unintuitive compared to the clean menus from BF1.

My biggest gripe is that and maybe the feel of "rush" when you try a new map for the first time i honestly didnt get that feeling with these 2 maps at all, they might aswell have been late dlc maps for BF1 or 4 tbh. Wandering around maps just dont feel too satisfying or epic like in the odler games. You dont feel the presence when a vehicle is up your nose and get excited to either take it out or run away from it.

I think overall the immersion or "scaling" of the game feels a bit odd, its a bit hard to explain but it kind of feels more miniature compared to other BF games and more CQ i guess. It feels a bit like that old source game "Day of Defeat" which i never liked in its stiffness and scaling, but still has some menus and movement systems of BF1/4
  • ChinesiumAlloy
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I preordered, and will keep it, although I won't be playing it much if at all. I don't like old weapons so I'm putting my money into hoping the BF after this one is set in modern/near-future times.
    I'm also not a streamer or youtuber that relies on K/D ratio for my income so I never got that good. BFV looks good, and runs smooth on my rig, but I'm just not having any fun getting owned by people who play 10-12 hours a day. I get 2-3 hours a week, tops.
    Also the censoring that is going on with this game borders on unacceptable to me. I thought it was supposed to be rated M, since the game characters are vocally cussing, yet we can't type a swear word or say things like white person, etc. I say, it should be all or nothing. Either fully uncensored with the option to filter, or make it rated for kids and then replace blood with pink frosting or something to appease whatever superficial social/political movement is popular now.
    So yeah, I'm buying it, but will sit largely unplayed.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was a no, the more I played, the more I enjoyed it.
    Likely gonna be a purchase for me
  • daryKENG
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Man, honestly, wait a couple of months - BFs on release one big mess. Better wait 1-2 months for fixing bags and hot-fix balance

I pre-ordered, 'cause I'm ready for this type of mess (flying tanks always fun) and I'm still loyal for game series, no matter that some special snowflakes cry about
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the hit registration remains and if the insta death nonsense will get fixed, then yes I will purchase. I have little faith though.
  • BROMETH3U5
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gonna be a buy from me. Really did not like BF1. This already feels better but it could be due to me going back to PC gaming instead of console.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Ps. I guess that sounds like a contradictory statement... lol, but players going down "on my end" seems natural but dying from every gun in a blink does not.
  • grim1031
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    After playing with my wife over the last week and all the connection to match errors we got reminded us of all the battlefront 2 issues getting into a lobby. So we canceled both our Pre-orders.

It got so bad the only way we could play as a squad was for me to pick a random server, wait to get in, then she would click join friend. If we tried to form the squad ahead of time or use the search for game both ended in connections errors. And we have been living with problems like that in Battlefront 2 for months which isn't even Beta.

So we will spend our money elsewhere.
  • BROMETH3U5
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    grim1031 wrote: »
    After playing with my wife over the last week and all the connection to match errors we got reminded us of all the battlefront 2 issues getting into a lobby. So we canceled both our Pre-orders.

It got so bad the only way we could play as a squad was for me to pick a random server, wait to get in, then she would click join friend. If we tried to form the squad ahead of time or use the search for game both ended in connections errors. And we have been living with problems like that in Battlefront 2 for months which isn't even Beta.

So we will spend our money elsewhere.

Understand the frustration. Huge issue with Origin and they refuse to own it. They will point to every other thing like firewall, NAT, yadda yadda, but wont fess up that it's on their side.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Undecided.

I felt there was a good game under the bugs and balancing issues.

It's something a little more hardcore, it's different, possibly with enough depth to play for more than a month.

DICE will refine it like all the previous games.

I'm not fond of EA at all after last year's lootbox and pay2win antics so, it depends on how they behave as a company.

• Tigerchips
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    Negative, i'll stick with my Planetside 2 for now. I might buy it on sale though. They might be able to convince me with another beta with less bugs though.
  • Blameman
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I did, but haven't got pre-order as of now.

It's simply not worth it as it is, the delay pushes it beyond Horizon 4 which WILL occupy large portion of my time, as well as past my time off from work. That combined with the social crap surrounding the game, I'd rather just not support it.

I'll play the access demo, and see how it is after launch. But as it is, not worth my 71€. Maybe with content patches and whatnot, but even then I worry for microtransactions and lootboxes. It's unlikely EA learns, and if you consider bad preorders that might make them more greedy, meaning worse game.

Let's hope they fix it, and it turns out to be the best BF, let's just not hold our breaths too hard.
  • xXTDMasterXx
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great beta but at the moment price is too high.. waiting for holiday or price reduce and grab a copy..
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    Ps. I guess that sounds like a contradictory statement... lol, but players going down "on my end" seems natural but dying from every gun in a blink does not.

absolutely agree.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »

absolutely agree.

It's one of the biggest reasons I'm saying no right now.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    705 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not sure, on Saturday I was convinced I would never pay for this game. The Beta release on PS4 (standard) was fairly awful, huge problems with the net code effecting TTD and the graphics where abysmal, couldn't see opponents and the colours kept making my eyes bleed.

Played it last night and I was amazed, the net code was more stable so for the most part TTD was normal, and they must have altered some settings in video because I could actually see enemies.
    When I could actually play I realised that this has the makings of a really good game. I'll need to see another Beta and what progress has been made before I buy, but I'm actually quite hopeful now.
  • SirBobdk
    3855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the change the menu, the upgrade point system, the upgrade tree, planes, customize/unlock while playing, trash the assignments, and fix 20 bugs then yes otherwise no.
  • robmcewen
    2918 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't cancelled my pre order, if DICE can concentrate on changing what doesn't work rather than messing up what does work.

Conquest is a lot better in BFV compared to BF1 with matches ending with a few points between the teams.

Grand operation doesn't seem as fun as operations in BF1 only played one match where the British didn't win and that was because the attacking team was terrible, once we get a chance to play the full game mode it might improve my view on it seeing we only have half the game mode to judge it by, why did DICE only put half the game mode in beta to test it.