BFV - Thoughts from our Community +700 members

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your spelling of ridiculous is "rediculous".
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least we've gotten rid of the yellow.

Score 1 forums and my eyes
  • Kongo030
    643 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Custom server settings would make some assignments much easier. I think in BF1 one could double the amount of tickets which led to longer rounds making '....in a round' assignments much easier. With full controls over settings at least that thing needed to be addressed. Also I wouldn't like to join servers with different settings. If there are a few presets fine but I like to stick with a good default. Bleed out + cool down seems too long but but one of them is fine.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    BFV's core mechanics are from BF1942 and Vietnam ... The ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD. If anything they brought it back to the Original and dropped all the coddling, gimmick/meta driven, schmeg that's been built up over the last 8 years.

BF1942 and Vietnam had 15s spawn timers AND spawn penalties for consecutive deaths without contribution. Max spawn penalty would have you sitting for 45s.
    BF1942 and Vietnam had medic animations...just like vehicle repair animations.

Complaints about women or cosmetics (skins) is just whining to whine....not muh battlefield.

Got news for you as one of those "Day One series vets from 2002" (16 years). BFBC2 onward wasn't muh Battlefield.

BF1942 and Vietnam had 15s spawn timers AND spawn penalties for consecutive deaths without contribution. Max spawn penalty would have you sitting for 45s. <-- REALLY! That was because back then you played in servers of which were GENERIC in the settings & the admins didn't know how to control them!

PROOF can be found within the next three pic's --->
    [img][/img]Settings_zpskt73qmpj.jpg

[img][/img]Gameplay%20settings_zps7yvupmqp.jpg

If you had a admin whom was intelligent enough to run the server you could then spawn as the below pic!

[img][/img]Gameplay%20settings%202_zpsaixjsmpv.jpg

As for the game mechanics they have actually improved thru the +22 years & as for the graphics that as well has improved! So now we can openly discuss the fact if you rent a server from them you can NO LONGER control those aspects. Now back pedal on the shown FACTS!

P.S. This isn't the first BETA I've participated in & I realize technology has evolved but where is the things the communities have asked for in past games that is still missing such as the levolution that BF3 & BF4 had in them. So we traded that for the so called tracks in the snow & buildings that don't destruct. Really I thought we'd see better than what we see now. I like the destruction of the guns when blown up but the animation of your solider getting thrown 10 feet is useless! It could have been much better but now that you have to rent servers from them to pay more & get less is really disappointing!

Not sure exactly WTF your reply has to do with the simple fact that BFV is using the core mechanics from BF1942 (2002). Nor can I figure out where you keep getting 22 years of BF from? BF's first release was in 2002. It's now 2018 ... that's 16 years.

Procon is an Rcon utility with limited ability. I've been a member on the Procon forums since 2010...pretty much just after they launched.

Anyway Here's the BF1942 Server Config. The same thing BF4 has in which Procon simply edits. BF1942's and Vietnam's rcon interface was pretty similar.
    ===serversettings.con===
    game.serverName "Battlefield 1942 Server"
    game.serverDedicated 1
    game.serverGameTime 0
    game.serverMaxPlayers 64
    game.serverScoreLimit 0
    game.serverInternet 1
    game.serverNumberOfRounds 3
    game.serverSpawnTime 20
    game.serverSpawnDelay 3
    game.serverGameStartDelay 20
    game.serverGameRoundStartDelay 10
    game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100
    game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100
    game.serverTicketRatio 100
    game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 1
    game.serverAxisTeamRatio 1
    game.serverCoopAiSkill 75
    game.serverCoopCpu 20
    game.serverPassword ""
    game.serverReservedPassword ""
    game.serverNumReservedSlots 0
    game.setServerWelcomeMessage 0 ""
    game.serverBandwidthChokeLimit 0
    game.serverMaxAllowedConnectionType CTLanT1
    game.serverAllowNoseCam 1
    game.serverFreeCamera 0
    game.serverExternalViews 1
    game.serverAutoBalanceTeams 0
    game.serverNameTagDistance 50
    game.serverNameTagDistanceScope 300
    game.serverKickBack 0.000000
    game.serverKickBackOnSplash 0.000000
    game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100 
    game.serverSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 100 
    game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100 
    game.serverVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
    game.serverIP 10.0.0.1
    game.serverPort 14567
    game.gameSpyLANPort 0
    game.gameSpyPort 0
    game.ASEPort 0
    game.serverHitIndication 1
    game.serverTKPunishMode 1
    game.serverCrossHairCenterPoint 1
    game.serverDeathCameraType 1
    game.serverContentCheck 1
    game.serverEventLogging 0
    game.serverEventLogCompression 0
    game.objectiveAttackerTicketsMod 100
    game.serverPunkBuster 0
    game.serverUnpureMods ""

BF1942 and Vietnam actually shipped with dedicated server files and Rcon utilities on the disk.
    kW1VF8p.jpg

I actually still have the BF Vietnam patch files sitting on my server.
    Tkgk9l1.jpg

Still not sure WTF any of this has to do with my post.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oddly enough I skipped all the other posts and went directly to your quoted reply and responded. Now after reading through your other comments .......

I've been administering and setting up game servers since the mid 90's. I've ran servers of my own, for clans and for gaming communities. From Quake, UT, Half Life 1/2, CS/CSS, The ENTIRE Battlefield Series, CoD 1-5, Wolfenstein/RTCW, Tribes, Red Faction and so forth. From Dedicated full boxes, VDS to shared instance based services from nearly all the top tier GSP's. Roughly 25 years experience.

So please don't roll up on me like I'm some young kid with 10 minutes experience.
  • SilverBu77et
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More Tanks spawn like BF4 please, 1 less squad please bring the 5 or 6 in a squad back , and bolts action rifle are better in BF1 ???? fix the game
  • Rev0verDrive
    More Tanks spawn like BF4 please, 1 less squad please bring the 5 or 6 in a squad back , and bolts action rifle are better in BF1 ???? fix the game

Larger maps will have more vehicles.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Oddly enough I skipped all the other posts and went directly to your quoted reply and responded. Now after reading through your other comments .......

I've been administering and setting up game servers since the mid 90's. I've ran servers of my own, for clans and for gaming communities. From Quake, UT, Half Life 1/2, CS/CSS, The ENTIRE Battlefield Series, CoD 1-5, Wolfenstein/RTCW, Tribes, Red Faction and so forth. From Dedicated full boxes, VDS to shared instance based services from nearly all the top tier GSP's. Roughly 25 years experience.

So please don't roll up on me like I'm some young kid with 10 minutes experience.

My man.

P.S. - I also don't get what custom server setting had to do with what you commented about, which was the default state of 1942 and BF:V out of the box...
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just here to say you have no clue what you're talking about, By the way it's the P51D mustang, the P-40 is the Warhawk. Idk why you would expect either of those when Murica isn't even in the game yet.
  • Loqtrall
    Ram1c wrote: »
    I'm just here to say you have no clue what you're talking about, By the way it's the P51D mustang, the P-40 is the Warhawk. Idk why you would expect either of those when Murica isn't even in the game yet.

EEEEEEK!
  • Rev0verDrive
    Loqtrall wrote: »

My man.

P.S. - I also don't get what custom server setting had to do with what you commented about, which was the default state of 1942 and BF:V out of the box...

Me neither. Most play by default settings....which is what the beta is doing.

Yeah you can change the settings, but are you really playing the designed game at that point or something altogether different?
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

Non stop tank spawning and too many vehicles was boring af. Doubt well see the return of 5 or 6 man squads. Bolt actions were stupid powerful in bf1 and just created a sniper war.
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV's core mechanics are from BF1942 and Vietnam ... The ORIGINAL BATTLEFIELD. If anything they brought it back to the Original and dropped all the coddling, gimmick/meta driven, schmeg that's been built up over the last 8 years.

BF1942 and Vietnam had 15s spawn timers AND spawn penalties for consecutive deaths without contribution. Max spawn penalty would have you sitting for 45s.
    BF1942 and Vietnam had medic animations...just like vehicle repair animations.

All incorrect except spawn times were at least as long in BF42 than in today's game.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited September 2018

BF1942 Medic applying meds to himself... Bandaging animation (1:32 mark).... Similar to PubG.
  • trip1ex
    4698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BF1942 Medic applying meds to himself... Bandaging animation (1:32 mark).... Similar to PubG.

That's not an animation.
  • Rev0verDrive
    trip1ex wrote: »

That's not an animation.

What do you mean it's not an animation? The medic has to actively apply the meds (hold key). Med pouch is held in one hand the other kinda diddles. He cannot shoot during this process. Healing is not passive.
  • Loqtrall
    Popcorn.gif
  • Rev0verDrive
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Popcorn.gif
    way too salty around here for popcorn.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ah the old 'me and my 700 invisible friends feel the same way' argument. Why don't you argue for yourself and let the community members come here themselves and chime in if that's the way they feel. I never buy these selfproclaimed mandates.
  • trip1ex
    edited September 2018
    trip1ex wrote: »

That's not an animation.

What do you mean it's not an animation? The medic has to actively apply the meds (hold key). Med pouch is held in one hand the other kinda diddles. He cannot shoot during this process. Healing is not passive.

THE OP and everyone talking about animations in the game are talking about the micro-movies that play when you hit a button and take control out of your hands.

That isn't what you're showing. You're showing the equivalent of pressing a button to fire a bullet.