I’ll pass

kingbluewolf
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Well I’m not sure if I’ll be buying this game. Was looking forward to a WW2 game. Can overlook the obvious historical inaccuracies but honestly appreciate a true WW2 experience. Maybe if you introduced private servers you could appease both those who like custom and those who appreciate a closer to WW2 experience (uniforms, guns per aggressor /defender side, vehicles true to field of battle.). Thanks

Comments

• InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    out of all the things people are complaining about, you complain about that?
    customization options are still in the works, you can make your character look like a ww2 person as much as you'd like.
    we don't even know how they will handle private servers.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    we don't even know how they will handle private servers.

On the stream they [DICE] don't even know … it will be post launch (if ever) for RSP.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Folks, if this game flops from the starting gate you really think DICE is going to fix all these post launch problems? If you do DICE also has a bridge to sell you.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Folks, if this game flops from the starting gate you really think DICE is going to fix all these post launch problems? If you do DICE also has a bridge to sell you.

seeing as they have advertised supporting the game for a "long time" with frequent map updates that are free, yes they will fix what is needed.
  • Centurion2I
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If they want to maintain what little faith it's customer base has for the next battlefield they would be smart to support this game
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The whole customization options and paid cosmetics is what opened the door to EA getting rid of lootboxes and paid dlc. I can live with it for those changes.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If they don't like getting sued by their investors again like with bf4.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If they want to maintain what little faith it's customer base has for the next battlefield they would be smart to support this game

I hope you are right for the bf series. I'm not impressed yet with the game go far. Too linear and worse I find myself playing sniper and sitting still taking potshots.
  • Genckler
    2 postsMember Member
    AnzacPete wrote: »

I hope you are right for the bf series. I'm not impressed yet with the game go far. Too linear and worse I find myself playing sniper and sitting still taking potshots.

Sounds like the problem is yours and not the game. With a decent squad you can still play an aggressive recon.
  • jigglyjames29
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is the worst game I've ever played.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Genckler wrote: »
    AnzacPete wrote: »

Sounds like the problem is yours and not the game. With a decent squad you can still play an aggressive recon.

Quite likely my problem & its most likely because generally I'm stuck with a crap squad that doesn't revive or drop ammo or most of my squad are snipers. I don't normally play sniper as I prefer support class>medic>assault & lastly sniper.
    I will wait until I see what the open vehicle maps look like. If they aren't to my taste than I'll stick with bf1 and wait for the next release. Regardless I hope EA still look after you guys that buy the game.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

seeing as they have advertised supporting the game for a "long time" with frequent map updates that are free, yes they will fix what is needed.

Their word means very little given their track record imo
  • InnerD
    tgryudfgyu wrote: »

their word has nothing to do with it, they are under contract to add content.
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m tired of all these realistic folks. It’s a virtual world of imagination meant to entertain!

You’ll pass? Great! I’ll buy it.
  • bfloo11111111111
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The whole customization options and paid cosmetics is what opened the door to EA getting rid of lootboxes and paid dlc. I can live with it for those changes.

That worked so well on battlefront 2...
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No, seriously, they've been incredibly lax with their treatment and updates of Battlefront 2 since it bombed. It's being run by a skeleton crew who have delivered like one new large map and one new small map since last year and a handful of cosmetic skins, that's literally almost it. No new weapons, vehicles, etc. Don't expect a lot of support if sales and critical response to BFV are bad. I'm saying that in a friendly way. Even tho I don't like the game, it's cool you do, but don't get your hopes of if things go badly with the release. EA calls the shots and they're not exactly renowned for treating the fans or their properties well.
  • Mackstan71
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ehm..i'm a bit confused Op..are you gonna pass?, or you're not sure yet. Very confusing if i may say.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

What contract? I haven't heard them guarantee anything.
  • InnerD

its called the tides of war live service.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

its called the tides of war live service.

Tides of War is not a contract. Premium Pass with 4 DLCs with a set number of maps is a contract. Tides of War is a hope that the game sells well and people by customizations and shortcut kits and anything else they can sell so that they will keep making maps IF people keep buying stuff. If they are not making big money every month content will stop.