so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A new BF to play with some mates... Won't be cancelling my pre-order.
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I loved the beta, can't wait. I don't get all the hate but I'm an old skool bf fan maybe that's why I dunno.
  • Psybernaut
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    astraussdc wrote: »
    I'd love to say 'no' but I preordered the digital copy on PS4 like a doofus so I think I'm locked in. :s

You should get an e-mail offering you a refund due to the release date being pushed back a month, I got one yesterday.
  • GrizzGolf
    937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm all over it. I enjoyed myself enough on PC to Preorder
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wasn't a fan of bf1, i hope that's not gonna be the same with bf5
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I will NOT be buying it. I did not buy BF1 either and didn't miss a thing.

I'm pretty much done supporting EA's games.
  • Koolaide3
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Pre-order retained. Looking forward to seeing folks out there. I'm even contemplating changing my name

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not buying it but then again, I don't have to. I have Origin Premier.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    I will NOT be buying it. I did not buy BF1 either and didn't miss a thing.

I'm pretty much done supporting EA's games.

i absolutely hated bf1, didn't play it much, just wasn't for me, and the beta played like crap in bf5, 100 bullets to kill someone and i die getting hit with one bullet. was a mess, im sure it will get better, but honestly it just seems like a big deathmatch game
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes absolutely 100%. Thought the beta was fantastic fun. A few bugs and such to iron out but the gameplay was great.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    ^^ If it hasn't gotten better by now, it won't. :)
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There were issues in the beta that needs fixing,no one can say the opposite but i would take any BF with no 3D spotting, no auto health regen, limited ammo, smooth player movement, great gun play and finally no more elite classes and behemoths.

They need to adress a lot of issues and i hope they get it ready untill november but the core experience imho is what this franchise needed for years.

I didnt canceled my pre order.
  • SirBobdk
    3933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Dice made a bad choice using 2 infantry maps and not any "real battlefield maps". All we got to see was gunplay on some maps that got boring quit fast.
    Rottedam was just running in circles taking flags and Narvik was 64 players in a box around 2-3 flags.
    I'm still 50/50, because it seem there are comming some larger maps vith more vehicles which looks promising.
    I'm sure they also are going to fix the bugs and balance problems even I guess it will take more than 2 months.
    I also like the changes to ammo/health/spotting but not the TTK vs TTD bug or what it is.
    But the assignment/upgrade system and the constantly having to quit game and go to menu for unlocks/upgrades is a dealbreaker.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Maybe after the price drops a lot if there is still a decent population.
    Tigerchips wrote: »
    Negative, i'll stick with my Planetside 2 for now. I might buy it on sale though. They might be able to convince me with another beta with less bugs though.

Wow people still play Planetside 2? I probably didn't give that game enough of a chance.
  • ItsMeJamige
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll be getting it, but maybe not first week. I need my BF fix ever since giving up on BF1 in early 2017. With squad I had lots of fun and now already miss playing the beta.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm skipping this one.

since the Battle Royale is a stand-alone I will get that but I also bet in order to get that ye will make you buy the entire game first because you know it's EA.

We have a ton of new games this year and next year I person see no reason why I need to buy this game when it is completely out of touch of what Battlefield is and that because of the community and how toxic it is this is why Battlefield is the way it is.

For years I was hoping that a new developer would go after the battlefield genre and now. Has happened with the developer team Farm 51 so hopefully they can get right.

I get to play World War 3 today as I got into the Beta so I'm excited to see what it its about.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I'm skipping this one.

since the Battle Royale is a stand-alone I will get that but I also bet in order to get that ye will make you buy the entire game first because you know it's EA.

We have a ton of new games this year and next year I person see no reason why I need to buy this game when it is completely out of touch of what Battlefield is and that because of the community and how toxic it is this is why Battlefield is the way it is.

For years I was hoping that a new developer would go after the battlefield genre and now. Has happened with the developer team Farm 51 so hopefully they can get right.

I get to play World War 3 today as I got into the Beta so I'm excited to see what it its about.

Battle Royale is officially going to be a stand alone? I hope the rumors are true and they release it free.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure what to do. I only play fps, bo4 wasn't for me so I was hoping BFV was going to be great .

It's ok imo but I prefer BF1, graphics were better, gun sounds were better and the atmosphere was better. I'm still on the fence so not sure yet. ?