An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• jambi208
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The bleeding out period is a little too long, there should be a quicker option.
  • ApollyonDrakul
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played as much of the open beta on XboxOne as possible and nearly got to rank 18. So far I love the game. The music is epic as they always are and I love the gritty look to the game.
    I think it's great that everyone "can" revive, not that everyone does and this is probably because of the equipping target's weapon problem. So many times I really did not want someone else's weapon... Same with fortifying locations, adds another element to the game.
    I love being in the fight, even though I have bad luck with happening upon enemies, my shots not registering, or spawning in front of an enemy... It's the silence that trips me up. There was this one conquest match in Rotterdam, I was at the German spawn point near E, I was manning the MG near the water and had just taken out a bunch of British forces trying to capture E. I got chills waiting there for more enemy targets, in the silence with grenades and guns going off in the distance and the British guys I just mowed down screaming. Made me think of what my dad went through in Vietnam. I felt guilty. I gained more respect for the men and women who fought and are still fighting in combat. Wow, this is just a game and I feel like I need some PTSD counselling heh. This is an awesome game, regardless of what others complain about.

Issues:
    Vehicles - I didn't get to play much of the British vehicles and I'm terribad at flying, but I love me tanks.
    1) Is it intentional to have 2 Panzer IVs? In "Your Company" they are the long-barrel, but in game they are short-barrel. Are we going to get different versions of the Panzer IV like the Ausf. A and Ausf. F2? Will the tanks and planes have their specific names/types (light, medium, and heavy) listed after launch? Or will the German tanks only be medium and heavy? Because not sure a Panzer II would a good idea to have...
    2) The Valentine MK VII tank has some strange attachment on the bottom that goes into the floor when viewing in Your Company.
    3) Stukas have the same problem as the Panzer IV. Same plane twice. Can all planes have their landing gears down when viewing in Your Company? It looks weird for them to be balanced on the one fixed gear in the back, for the planes that don't already have fixed landing gears that is.
    4) Not a fan of the upgrading trees for vehicles unless, after launch, we can buy ALL upgrades for one item. I am more than willing to put in the hours and points into having a pimped out tank. Same with weapons.
    5) Will upgrades have a more detailed description as to what it is or does? I had to refresh my memory as to what zimmerit is.

Recon -
    1) Probably a glitch, but there were times when I was using the spotting scope, unobstructed, and half or all the lens would be blacked out. It didn't matter if I was standing, crouching, or prone either.
    2) Are "spotted" enemies supposed to lose their spot icons when they get out of range of me? Or does it matter if anyone on my team has already engaged the target? There were times when targets I've spotted would run away, while being shot at by a teammate, and lose their spot icon and disappear off the mini-map despite my still being able to see them in my scope.
    3) Not sure how I feel about recon being the only class to "spot" because most of the time, people who snipe are doing only that. I do like that you can call attention to a general location as any class, but it's not the same.

Gameplay -
    1) Haven't been able to find anyone's post on this issue, but please fix the physics glitch when players get run over by vehicles. Ruins the experience to see a body hovering in the air with their weapon a few feet away. Not sure if this is a glitch, but it has made me laugh too many times when I come across another player, dead, with their rear end up in the air.
    2) Have had problems vaulting over objects, several times I got stuck, or like my character just couldn't jump. My brother had this same problem.
    3) Will we be able to cook frag grenades? Too many times I lob a frag at an enemy and they just run away and it goes off without doing any damage. I would love to be able to pull out a frag, activate, wait, then throw it and have it do damage quickly. Maybe simply by holding down LB with a D-pad directive (or some other button to activate), then releasing LB in the direction desired so you throw it and it going out with a bang. This would be great counter to the enemy throwing grenades back.
  • ApollyonDrakul
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Too many distractions on screen while playing , the scaling of the UI needs to be adjusted, all the info on the screen playing at 1080p at default UI scale looks to large, also the rewards etc flashes and distracts during gameplay.

You could have adjusted this in the options menu.
  • ApollyonDrakul
    jambi208 wrote: »

Agreed, tt would be nice to have a cancel out option rather than only speeding up your death by holding LT.
  • ApollyonDrakul
    I'm wondering how much of this beta hate hype is just confirmation bias. Pretty much anyone I know that put a decent amount of time into the beta and adjusted to the game really likes it, save the plentiful bugs. Once I adjusted, I found the core gunplay and movement mechanics great. With some tweaks to attrition it can be even better. Going back to BF1, after playing BFV, is actually kind of frustrating and I found myself raging much more. The grenade spam and everything else spam is really hard to deal with in that game after seeing what it can be like without it. In BFV, if I died, generally it was because I made a mistake, missed a shot, didn't take cover etc. BF1 in comparison seems like a random death generator and I don't even die that much. BF1 is an easier game to succeed in but you die from the stupidest stuff. Its a game where people throw grenades before they even fire their weapons.

Omg...that was me in BF3 North Shore Canals. lol!
    I agree though, I like that if you do get grenade spammed it's because you pissed off the entire enemy team. AKA me in a tank.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If this is what it takes to avoid a repeat of the BF4 release, I support the decision 100%

It sort of looked like they got the message when they delayed Hardline to fix some of its problems. But I swore I'd never pre-order again after the disaster that was BF4 at launch, and I've stuck to that. Pre-ordering makes us look like suckers and encourages the game publishers to release it now and fix it later. First I'll see how it runs, only then will I decide whether or not I'll buy it.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    When jumping out of the plane, I'd like to be able to choose when to deploy the parachute. Having it auto-deploy is too on-rails and hand-holding.

Unless it's historically accurate that those chutes would deploy the instant someone jumped out of the plane.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take notes from the following video which gives you a better ww2 prospective:

• fastgiga
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    Please do not change the settings to much. I really liked the overall gameplay, and for the first time since BFBC2 I am thinking about buying the game at or close to release.

For the first time medic and support are actually useful. For the first time sniping requires at least some skill. For the first time the assault class is not a solo one man rambo army.

For the first time since BF2 it's a shooter delivering a feeling of needing teammates to win instead of soloing a server using an overpowerd attack-helicopter / tank.

I do agree that when you spawn at a flag point you should spawn with max ammo equipped, but when you spawn on a squad mate close to the front line it makes sense to have only 2 mags for your primary weapon and no medic kit.

Concerning hp reg: I think the regeneration is still too strong, or rather too fast, making medics not quite as usefull as supports, but it's ok-ish.

I also liked the infantry focus of the two shown maps

PS: Jesus, since when does this forum delete empty rows? makes every post look like garbage
  • donthurtm3
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    Today, we’re announcing that Battlefield V will have a new launch date – November 20, 2018. We wanted to give you a little bit of insight into how we arrived at this new date. Read more on Battlefield.com here.

Tell us your thoughts here. We're listening!

Sounds Good. Take your Time, so we can come to a good result. We can wait as long as it gets good in the end. Please go in the direction of bf 1942. BIg Maps, visible Soldiers, British soldiers should look like British soldiers with that funny ww2 british helmet...

Edit: And better flight feeling. In bf1942 it was amazing. Play bf1942 and look what masterpiece it was.

• Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    When jumping out of the plane, I'd like to be able to choose when to deploy the parachute. Having it auto-deploy is too on-rails and hand-holding.

Unless it's historically accurate that those chutes would deploy the instant someone jumped out of the plane.

Yes they used static lines (hence "hooking up") that pulled release on chutes moment they jumped out of plane. Regarding the airborne drop - I think it would be a lot cooler if you saw everyone else in your squad/team queuing up in plane to jump. Would be good way to breakup seeing the same cut scene again and again...
  • GREEN_CAVEMAN
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus wrote: »
    The weponds progression tree needs to be removed and replaced by actual attachments or excangable parts like BF4. This system feels like the card uppgrades from Battlefront 2 and dont belong in a Battlefield game. Uppgrades and attachments need drawbacks as well.

Even Battlefield 1´s variant system is better than this.
    The UI and menus needs a lot of work as well but i think there is a lot of good feedback about that allready in these forums.

Other than this i´m really loving the game, gameplay is a refreshing change. I´s just those other things surrounding the gameplay that needs a lot of work.

Yeah man I totally agree...the skill tree just doesn’t feel like battlefield
  • hunk2
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    jambi208 wrote: »

For my no problem, knowing a lot of people (neurotic gamer), at least calm down little.
    Often the game put my US server, so I heard yelling gamers very oft F******! Europeans server have heard too , just something else! :D
    Nobody is a silent, calm psychopath like me! :p
  • Lord_Tedlicious
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Overall I enjoyed Playing the Beta, some things needs to change though.

1. UI design for customization is not fluent, Need one place for all customization that too in Game not on the main menu, right now its divided somehow between Armory and Company screen.

2. I agree with some other posters that enemies are really hard to spot in the two maps we played.

3. Bipod in Battlefeild 1 was perfect no reason the same cannot be applies here.

4. Squad points which are earned by all members so when a squad leader call in reinforcements any kills or points need to be distributed equally among players, otherwise there will be multiple squads of 2 or 3 players and not much incentive for the other players to follow orders.

5. Redeployment screen must default to overall view like battlefield 1 , then if one chooses from that screen to deploy strategically to a squad mate let them do so.

Hope we see many more weapons on all classes and more weapon upgrade options, that one of the sure ways to engage people for longer span.

other than that the game felt very polished, and enjoyable just a couple of direct X crash like the early days for battlefeild 1.

Kudos to the battlefeild team for a good job done so far !

• bloodyeyenl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    i have played every battlefield and i really miss the old style.
    i miss airstrips like in the old battlefields not to respawn in the air.( just put the airstrips a bit outside the map so enemy cant camp nearby.
    i miss transport airplanes so you can drop of people like real para dropping and fly back to the airstrip to pick up more people (handy if the cant find a ride)
    i miss concrete bunkers what really makes it ww2, the should be hard to destroy only whit many bazooka or tank shots or snipers to kill man inside or planes to bomb them and stuff
    mid fly repair should be less, and letting them land a bit to reload not just fly over, because many gamer pilots like the whole thing a player should need more skills to use planes
    i like big maps more then graphic's the surroundings can make the feeling of ww2 mutch better
    it would be fun to let people sit on the outside of the tank if the need transport when needed so walking is not the only option if you cant find a ride.
    i hope we can blow up bridges like old battlefields but also to repair them when a team needs it for teamwork or to defend it.
    v1 rockets should not land on point or like make it harder to let them come near aiming point.
    teammate airplane bomb call in like whit smoke or something if people cant spot the enemy inside a building.

• FedeArok
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    Well I played Beta on PS4, and I really liked its playability, obviously there were "Bugs" that I assume DICE has already fixed. But in general features should improve the brightness in the rivals, very difficult to detect especially in the spaces of light change (light to shadow), the shadows are very dark ... And, about the experience, I really do not feel in the WW2, from the Menu to the gameplay ... I think the Menu and sub-menus should have typography and colors that represented the Second World War. I do not see N-a-z-i flags; Maybe in "Your Company" if I switch sides to German, the menu changes to red and black colors that represented the N-a-z-i-s ... they are small details that will help the experience ... I want to feel like I'm in World War II , with images, designs from the menu to the gameplay. Ah! In PS4 the sight of the grenade launcher was not calibrated, where I pointed the grenade was not going. ;);):)
    Post edited by FedeArok on
  • FedeArok
    By the way, I think the V1 rockets should cause more destruction and damage to the opponent ... and the points of the deaths and give them to all of the squad, so that they are not leaving the squad members who are looking for them to be leaders ... A big problem the people left the squad because they want to be leaders and launch the rocket.
  • SirBobdk
    4750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any survey to be found? Some say they have receive an e-mail.
  • FedeArok
    AGREE Or maybe, the spotting system should be personal... not for all... if you used ? only you can see the foe
    Please bring back the spotting system. I feel like it can be a bit difficult to distinguish who is friend or foe.

For planes, PLEASE make them fly more quickly. I feel it is so disappointing to see P51’s or Stuka’s fly at a snail’s pace. In addition, *PLEASE* get rid of that ammo replenish system for planes. It really ruins the experience and fluidity of dog fights and can feel extremely cumbersome.

• JBeamBlack
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    I hope its delayed due to you making the following adjustments:

1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic
    4. Bring back Wake Island and Iwo Jima from 1943.

If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

Semper Fi

THIS!!

Although the female toons don't bother me that much, metal arms or not, THAT should be a choice!

BUT, Why the airfields were ever removed from "Battlefield", especially a WWII version, I will never be able to understand!!

Give us BATTLEFIELD back, give us tanks (that you DO NOT have to unlock the ammo for!!), jeeps, trucks and planes and airfields and ammo depots, remove that annoying auto-regen and lets use the medic and mechanic class's properly again. There can be small AND large maps, that way everyone can get what they want, that way players can mix it up when the same old run around gets boring!!

Think about it, Giant tank battles, artillery, troop transports, bombers, the DLC possibilities here are endless!! And it was WORLD War II, there is so much room for expansion and variety it's mind boggling!! BF 1942 is what made this game unique like no other game before, BF2 is what made it the BEST game of it's kind....why did you get away from that formula?

Delay the game another year if you have to, but PLEASE for the love of GOD, please don't make yet another CoD game...