An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

  • Get rid of the ammo and health stations should be priority, it renders medic and engineer class useless. Also entices players to camp at these locations and I noticed in the beta, majority of players would use recon/assault class because there’s no real function for the former classes I was on about. Set the ammo and health packs as unlimited and start with full ammo make players engaged in the battle more. Plus tanks/ aircraft the same. Can’t understand why they wasted time and resources on this ammo/ health station system...
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    milnersway wrote: »
    Get rid of the ammo and health stations should be priority, it renders medic and engineer class useless. Also entices players to camp at these locations and I noticed in the beta, majority of players would use recon/assault class because there’s no real function for the former classes I was on about. Set the ammo and health packs as unlimited and start with full ammo make players engaged in the battle more. Plus tanks/ aircraft the same. Can’t understand why they wasted time and resources on this ammo/ health station system...

    Between killing people and remembering to pick some ammo up on the flag I rarely ran out of ammo getting 40 plus kills a match. If players aren't where they are supposed to be they will be punished, but if they are on the objectives they will have no problem.
  • I-ron1n-I
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Decided to go into some detail giving my personal feedback on the current fortifications system as experienced in the beta. Full reddit thread here. Figured I'd just post it here as well in the off chance someone from Dice might actually read it and/or find it useful.
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    JBeamBlack wrote: »
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    I hope its delayed due to you making the following adjustments:

    1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic
    4. Bring back Wake Island and Iwo Jima from 1943.

    If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

    Semper Fi
    !

    BUT, Why the airfields were ever removed from "Battlefield", especially a WWII version, I will never be able to understand!!

    Because of vehicle stealing from the airfield/carrier in the uncap. Aircraft can travel further in the uncap than infantry, so people would fly them over the enemy uncap and drop a teammate to steal thier aircraft as it spawns.

    With the current system, stealing vehicles is impossible unless they're abandoned ON the field.

    The first time it was done that's literally the reason DICE gave for doing it. It was a very cheap and normal "strategy" in past games until the vehicle spawning was changed.
  • mahdioof
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

    1.Game is so much teamplay and if some one want to play solo he cant! should fix this big problem
    2. 3d spot should be in the game by all classes ( for ex if i saw someone should spot him with q and if he gone behind the wall then his spot gone) and if there is no 3d spot then every one camp and wait to see a player and kill him with this fast ttk,this is broken-it will make everyone CAMP"
    3. planes should be more powerful.tanks good not so bad but they just camp in there base because ammo is so low for tanks then they camp and if they rush they destroyed in 1 sec! should do something for that
    4. gun fight is not based on skill- if a good player faced 2 enemy ( for ex just 2 low skill player) in front of him he most of the time killed ( also with perfect aim ) its mean gunfights is not based on skill
    5. stg44 should not be a default assault's gun-this is most op gun in the game for any situation - you should nerf this gun or op other guns-but if nerf it its better
    6. When you are medic or support and want to heal or resupply your self this so annoying to hold the 3 key on keyboard,it should just do it with a tap like bf1 ( plz not be like close alpha . be like bf1 exactly-smooooooot)
    7. so many bugs is in there should be fix it tfor next open beta to players decide buy game or not- If bugs do not fix no one of my friends will buy it
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    JBeamBlack wrote: »
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    I hope its delayed due to you making the following adjustments:

    1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic
    4. Bring back Wake Island and Iwo Jima from 1943.

    If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

    Semper Fi
    !

    BUT, Why the airfields were ever removed from "Battlefield", especially a WWII version, I will never be able to understand!!

    Because of vehicle stealing from the airfield/carrier in the uncap. Aircraft can travel further in the uncap than infantry, so people would fly them over the enemy uncap and drop a teammate to steal thier aircraft as it spawns.

    With the current system, stealing vehicles is impossible unless they're abandoned ON the field.

    The first time it was done that's literally the reason DICE gave for doing it. It was a very cheap and normal "strategy" in past games until the vehicle spawning was changed.

    Stealing vehicles was part of the fun.
    Trying to take off while trying to not get shot down was part of the fun
    Flying back to your own airfield to land and repair (and avoiding destruction) was part of the fun

    Why remove the fun aspect?
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    JBeamBlack wrote: »
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    I hope its delayed due to you making the following adjustments:

    1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic
    4. Bring back Wake Island and Iwo Jima from 1943.

    If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

    Semper Fi
    !

    BUT, Why the airfields were ever removed from "Battlefield", especially a WWII version, I will never be able to understand!!

    Because of vehicle stealing from the airfield/carrier in the uncap. Aircraft can travel further in the uncap than infantry, so people would fly them over the enemy uncap and drop a teammate to steal thier aircraft as it spawns.

    With the current system, stealing vehicles is impossible unless they're abandoned ON the field.

    The first time it was done that's literally the reason DICE gave for doing it. It was a very cheap and normal "strategy" in past games until the vehicle spawning was changed.

    Stealing vehicles was part of the fun.
    Trying to take off while trying to not get shot down was part of the fun
    Flying back to your own airfield to land and repair (and avoiding destruction) was part of the fun

    Why remove the fun aspect?

    It's literally only fun for the people doing it. There's a balance between vehicles on the map between both teams, and it's not fun for the majority of players when the enemy team is now riding around in 4 of thier tanks and 3 of thier helicopters, as well as 2 of the other teams tanks and 1 of thier helicopters. It gives the stealing team a stark advantage in terms of force, and the opposite team a disadvantage in terms of not only how they're going to deal with so many vehicles without vehicles of thier own, but also in pushing and defending OBJs.

    That goes without even mentioning the fact that many times (my squad even did this in BF2) a whole squad would spend half the match stealing vehicles, driving them back to thier own uncap, and sitting there with them so they just never get destroyed and never respawn - leaving the enemy team with little to no vehicles the entire match.

    That's not "fun" that's cheap and broken. And obviously not an intentional design choice by DICE.
  • Zviko0
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    True Story

    Thats Life!

    Theres nothing fair in war
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    No, it's not, not in the fashion we're speaking of stealing vehicles. It's not yours or your teams fault when a squad of enemies is hovering next to your uncap, see a vehicle respawn, and then fly over, drop a guy on top of your aircraft or tanks RIGHT when they spawn, and steal them.

    It would literally take someone on your team more time to spawn at the uncap and run to the vehicle than it would for them to fly over and drop someone on top of it.

    It was cheap and broken, hence its existence ending in the franchise. Now if you're stealing a vehicle it's because you made its operator abandon it in the actual battlefield.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    No, it's not, not in the fashion we're speaking of stealing vehicles. It's not yours or your teams fault when a squad of enemies is hovering next to your uncap, see a vehicle respawn, and then fly over, drop a guy on top of your aircraft or tanks RIGHT when they spawn, and steal them.

    It would literally take someone on your team more time to spawn at the uncap and run to the vehicle than it would for them to fly over and drop someone on top of it.

    It was cheap and broken, hence its existence ending in the franchise. Now if you're stealing a vehicle it's because you made its operator abandon it in the actual battlefield.

    It still doesnt make sense that they remove airfields and aircraft carriers.

    Dice could make it so a player would die if he tried to take an enemy plane at their base.

    That would mean, you cant fly over their airfield and drop straight into a plane - the timer still continues (return to the battlefield), and once u leave your aircraft over an enemies airfield / airstrip / aircraft carrier... you die.

    But, you can still steal an enemy aircraft if they abandon ship outside their base, or land somewhere to repair.
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    No, it's not, not in the fashion we're speaking of stealing vehicles. It's not yours or your teams fault when a squad of enemies is hovering next to your uncap, see a vehicle respawn, and then fly over, drop a guy on top of your aircraft or tanks RIGHT when they spawn, and steal them.

    It would literally take someone on your team more time to spawn at the uncap and run to the vehicle than it would for them to fly over and drop someone on top of it.

    It was cheap and broken, hence its existence ending in the franchise. Now if you're stealing a vehicle it's because you made its operator abandon it in the actual battlefield.

    It still doesnt make sense that they remove airfields and aircraft carriers.

    Dice could make it so a player would die if he tried to take an enemy plane at their base.

    That would mean, you cant fly over their airfield and drop straight into a plane - the timer still continues (return to the battlefield), and once u leave your aircraft over an enemies airfield / airstrip / aircraft carrier... you die.

    But, you can still steal an enemy aircraft if they abandon ship outside their base, or land somewhere to repair.

    I don't think that'd be possible or a good move for pilots, as it would force anyone who abandoned thier aircraft over the uncap to insta-die when they were abandoning it to survive, in a time of BF where air space on maps keeps getting smaller and smaller.

    I abandoned a plane gunner seat inside the enemy uncap and parachuted back inside the map at least 3 times in the beta alone. One time it was even unintentional because the exit animation takes so long.
  • Zviko0
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what you mean by uncap. You mean main base that can't be captured? Wouldn't that be solved by "out of bounds" for the other team in previous games, like it is out of bounds now?
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by uncap. You mean main base that can't be captured? Wouldn't that be solved by "out of bounds" for the other team in previous games, like it is out of bounds now?

    Yes, that's what's been called the uncap since at least BF2 - the zone where teams can spawn that can't be captured, or "uncapturable" or "uncap".

    The out of bounds does nothing. "out of bounds" areas are larger for aircraft than infantry. Aircraft can travel past the bounds infantry have to stop at, this includes flying over the uncap.

    How you stole vehicles in older games was flying just over the uncap, dropping a teammate on aircraft, and when they get in aircraft BOOM - they're no longer out of bounds because they're in aircraft and aircraft have a larger out of bounds area.

    It even worked with land vehicles because you could drop on them, get in them, and drive out of the uncap before the timer ran out. But it was primarily used to steal aircraft, which is why they spawn in the sky now.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a matter of revising the out of bounds rules for aircraft and airfields.

    The solution is not to just remove them entirely.

  • Zviko0
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by uncap. You mean main base that can't be captured? Wouldn't that be solved by "out of bounds" for the other team in previous games, like it is out of bounds now?

    Yes, that's what's been called the uncap since at least BF2 - the zone where teams can spawn that can't be captured, or "uncapturable" or "uncap".

    The out of bounds does nothing. "out of bounds" areas are larger for aircraft than infantry. Aircraft can travel past the bounds infantry have to stop at, this includes flying over the uncap.

    How you stole vehicles in older games was flying just over the uncap, dropping a teammate on aircraft, and when they get in aircraft BOOM - they're no longer out of bounds because they're in aircraft and aircraft have a larger out of bounds area.

    It even worked with land vehicles because you could drop on them, get in them, and drive out of the uncap before the timer ran out. But it was primarily used to steal aircraft, which is why they spawn in the sky now.

    Ok but how was that possible?
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    It would literally take someone on your team more time to spawn at the uncap and run to the vehicle than it would for them to fly over and drop someone on top of it.

    This can't be at the start of the game because it applies the same for the other team. If it's in the middle of the game, they had to be insanely lucky to drop someone right on top of it when it spawned (unless you only mean this for games with helicopters which can stand still) so they could be there faster than the guy who spawned and had to walk there. Also as I remember, normally couple of people always waited on the vehicle spawn so they can take it instantly.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1943 / BF3 / BF4 had it right when it came to aircraft
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by uncap. You mean main base that can't be captured? Wouldn't that be solved by "out of bounds" for the other team in previous games, like it is out of bounds now?

    Yes, that's what's been called the uncap since at least BF2 - the zone where teams can spawn that can't be captured, or "uncapturable" or "uncap".

    The out of bounds does nothing. "out of bounds" areas are larger for aircraft than infantry. Aircraft can travel past the bounds infantry have to stop at, this includes flying over the uncap.

    How you stole vehicles in older games was flying just over the uncap, dropping a teammate on aircraft, and when they get in aircraft BOOM - they're no longer out of bounds because they're in aircraft and aircraft have a larger out of bounds area.

    It even worked with land vehicles because you could drop on them, get in them, and drive out of the uncap before the timer ran out. But it was primarily used to steal aircraft, which is why they spawn in the sky now.

    Ok but how was that possible?
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    It would literally take someone on your team more time to spawn at the uncap and run to the vehicle than it would for them to fly over and drop someone on top of it.

    This can't be at the start of the game because it applies the same for the other team. If it's in the middle of the game, they had to be insanely lucky to drop someone right on top of it when it spawned (unless you only mean this for games with helicopters which can stand still) so they could be there faster than the guy who spawned and had to walk there. Also as I remember, normally couple of people always waited on the vehicle spawn so they can take it instantly.

    It's possible because it takes no time at all to drop to a vehicle and hop inside of it. Once you're inside the aircraft, your out of bounds range is extended and you're no longer technically out of bounds. You take off and boom, vehicle stolen.

    And it's not at the start of a game, it's when the vehicles have respawned. People would steal vehicles the entire match, it was super abused on maps where a team spawned on aircraft carriers (like Wake Island).

    You can control yourself in the air while dropping, without a chute. You pull your chute right before hitting the ground and you take no fall damage and can reach the ground in like 2 seconds. Just aim near a vehicle.

    I still play BF4 and, using spawn beacons, parachute in right on top of tanks and C4 them using the same strategy.

    People would literally sit there staring at the uncap waiting for aircraft to spawn. I did it all the time, EVEN IN A JEEP, on BF2.

    ALL you have to do is reach a plane or heli before the out of bounds timer reached zero. Actually, in more recent games, "zero" counts as an additional second.

    In games with helis, you could steal tanks, lavs, etc by hovering right over them, as long as the person who jumped out and stole the vehicle reaches the in-bounds before the timer hit zero.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove the ability to jump into an enemy aircraft while out of bounds

    simples
  • Zviko0
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by uncap. You mean main base that can't be captured? Wouldn't that be solved by "out of bounds" for the other team in previous games, like it is out of bounds now?

    Yes, that's what's been called the uncap since at least BF2 - the zone where teams can spawn that can't be captured, or "uncapturable" or "uncap".

    The out of bounds does nothing. "out of bounds" areas are larger for aircraft than infantry. Aircraft can travel past the bounds infantry have to stop at, this includes flying over the uncap.

    How you stole vehicles in older games was flying just over the uncap, dropping a teammate on aircraft, and when they get in aircraft BOOM - they're no longer out of bounds because they're in aircraft and aircraft have a larger out of bounds area.

    It even worked with land vehicles because you could drop on them, get in them, and drive out of the uncap before the timer ran out. But it was primarily used to steal aircraft, which is why they spawn in the sky now.

    Ok but how was that possible?
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    If your vehicles get stolen well, that's your fault isn't it. You deserve to suffer those minutes before you destroy them. Of course the other team has the advantage but that can be a part of the strategy. Exactly like owning all the flags in BF1 that have vehicle spawns.

    It would literally take someone on your team more time to spawn at the uncap and run to the vehicle than it would for them to fly over and drop someone on top of it.

    This can't be at the start of the game because it applies the same for the other team. If it's in the middle of the game, they had to be insanely lucky to drop someone right on top of it when it spawned (unless you only mean this for games with helicopters which can stand still) so they could be there faster than the guy who spawned and had to walk there. Also as I remember, normally couple of people always waited on the vehicle spawn so they can take it instantly.

    And it's not at the start of a game, it's when the vehicles have respawned. People would steal vehicles the entire match, it was super abused on maps where a team spawned on aircraft carriers (like Wake Island).

    How did you know when would vehicles respawn (unless you saw them being destroyed)? Were you just camping there in the air and no one did anything about it?

    That's when "it's their fault" comes in again...

    I really don't understand how you could do all that this easily as you claim and without it being "their fault".
Sign In or Register to comment.