Pc restarts itself

Fromage2077
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Recently downloaded battlefield 1 and i have to play on low only because if i switch to medium my pc restarts itself.
My pc specs:
I5 2500 (non k)
Gtx 1060 3 gb
8 gb ram
Could my CPU be the problem here?

Comments

• NamelessForNow
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anything in event viewer? Are you monitoring your temps? Could possibly be a power supply problem.
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Check your temps, if your PC is getting hot, then clean all the dust out of it and apply new thermal paste to your CPU. If your temps are fine I would look at your PSU.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    This happens to me also. No idea why but its nothing to do with temps or anything.

No post codes, just black screen then restart. There is literally zero indication that the PC should have restarted itself..

z370 k6 asrock
    8700k @4.9
    1080 OC'd
    16gb 3200
    850W corsair psu
    everything on ssd
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have to agree with the others. I had this issue back in BF3 or 4 and temps were fine. Turned out to be fluff inside the PSU.

Don't go messing with your PSU unless you know what you're doing though as they can hold charge even when powered down.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Had the problem and changed the psu last month, it fixed it.
  • BigF33t_13
    6838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's most likely hardware. If you've monitored temps, and they are good, then you need to start ruling out the rest of your hardware. Run memtest for a few hours. Try a different PSU. Really, beyond that, it pretty much leaves the motherboard, unless it's some kind of driver incompatibility. Troubleshooting sucks. It's a process of elimination.
  • uz_bolderaju
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    where is the problem ? just read dump file
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Clean/blowout dust, make sure all drivers are up to date. Remove any OC'ing you might have. i5 with 8GB will be pushed hard, but if everything is vented properly, shouldn't crash on you.