Exclusive Beta Skins

CallumDann
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 13
Will any of the skins beta testers earned in game be beta exclusive, i would love it if everyone's hard grinds for those skins on all their guns like, night ops or urban tactical was only able to be gained in the beta. I'm happy with just the dog tags but an exclusive skin would be pretty dam sick. If all of grinds in beta show in the future while we run around in game (as you have to kill someone to see your dog tag) that would make the whole exclusive skin idea so much more interesting and create such a crazy hype around skins in the game, just the idea of having exclusive weapon skins from 'og' players in the future to show while running around and showing up in '#1 Squad' display etc would hype me up to play every day and show off that exclusive weapon skin i gained for my beta testing for EA's Battlefield V.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    3912 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    god forbid you do something and dont get rewarded for it.

Muh progression and rewards. Can't play videogames without those anymore...
  • crabman169
    12289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Go away with this "OG" mentality; its Pure cancer enough in Fornite.

NONE. I REPEAT. NONE.
    Of the skins you earning during the beta are exclusive or will be carried over to launch.

You will have to level up the gun and compete the assignments again.

Spray green is reward for leveling up weapon to 5 whilst urban tatical is to 10 (no idea if that will be the level limit for weapons)
    Factory New will be the reward for completing proficiency challenges and custom woodland is from mastery challenges.

The others we got in the beta (Captured, Pattern woodland and Night Ops) are purchasable only with company coin.

That's all just going off the beta; it would be completely different or reversed come launch.

The only thing you earned in the beta are two possible dog tags and experience and familiarity with the game and two Maps.
  • CallumDann
    edited September 13
    god forbid you do something and dont get rewarded for it.

Muh progression and rewards. Can't play videogames without those anymore...

Considering this is a new game that will be taken relatively competitively adding a BattleRoyale and following other trends it would make perfect sense to have exclusive items for day one players. Its just better overall marketing for a game with exclusive items not for competitive play but for cosmetic satisfaction on top of a reason to continue playing and being competitive; we play games because we love them, but we keep playing them over time because we something to grind for, so we can show off that item or just have the satisfaction (but who doesn't show off exclusive items, don't say no i wont believe you) that other players don't or something that's very hard to get which includes beta skins. Moral of the story is, you can say "Only the kids like cosmetics", "Old games i played didn't have these" or even "Cosmetics don't do anything for a competitive edge" frankly i don't care. This is a new age of gaming and consumer marketing and god forbid i request something that is within reason and overall rewarding for dedicated game-play. This is gaming now, if you have a problem with in game rewarding then play the Atari or other original gaming systems with original games that don't provide cosmetics. Don't answer a post and choose to be condescending when presented with a perfectly reasonable question, situations like this were constructive responses would be the only thing that you would be required to use time and effort to read and respond with.
  • CallumDann
  • D3V-GRU
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you did the Open Beta Assignment, you'll likely get the dog tag. That's probably about it... Keep in mind that's about all you ever got for participating in a beta...
  • ninjapenquinuk
    914 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In one of EA's lovely surveys they ask what 'thing' you earned in the beta would you like to be carried over to the full game. Options were Weapon unlocks, upgrades and unlocked skins. Obviously they wont allow you to carry over weapons or unlocks, but skins, though unlikely, maybe a small possibility.
  • CallumDann
    In one of EA's lovely surveys they ask what 'thing' you earned in the beta would you like to be carried over to the full game. Options were Weapon unlocks, upgrades and unlocked skins. Obviously they wont allow you to carry over weapons or unlocks, but skins, though unlikely, maybe a small possibility.

Thank you for the information!