One thing I think everyone will agree on

mav_smileyface
891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Bring back home bases with runways!

How simple would this b to do.. and how much would it make battlefield feel like... battlefield again!

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also remember having 10 people sitting at the runway waiting to get in. Then either staying or running all the way to the battle if you didnt get one. I dont necessarily like the change but it doesn't really bother me either and I can see why they did it.
  • DrunkwoIf
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

How simple would this b to do.. and how much would it make battlefield feel like... battlefield again!

the maps are to small for a runway, by the time you get in the air you have to turn and start your circle jerk flying. if you fly strait for more than 5 seconds your out of bounds.
  • ItsMeJamige
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This ain't BF1942 where you could have ship VS sub VS aircraft carrier. This is a much smaller prettier boring version of 1942. There is no more 128-200 player servers. It's supposed to be pretty and small. you know for kids.

Welcome to the new era of boringness. It's all about skins, levels and K/D. Back in the day it was all about immersion, player cap possibilities and just Battlefield. I blame BC. Should have at least gave PC a exclusive version. Bad marketing these guys man.

I haven't read a post with this much trash in a long time.

Amazing.
  • von_Campenstein
    5714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To what end?
  • xXCA_RageXx
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This ain't BF1942 where you could have ship VS sub VS aircraft carrier. This is a much smaller prettier boring version of 1942. There is no more 128-200 player servers. It's supposed to be pretty and small. you know for kids.

Welcome to the new era of boringness. It's all about skins, levels and K/D. Back in the day it was all about immersion, player cap possibilities and just Battlefield. I blame BC. Should have at least gave PC a exclusive version. Bad marketing these guys man.

You automatically lose all credibility when you make the correlation between a players' gaming preferences and their age/maturity.
  • Zviko0
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What if they include Pacific theater? We might get aircraft carriers right?
    What if they include Wake Island like Gustavsson hinted it? Will that runway just be there for nothing?

I can still see it even with the current spawn system. Just instead of spawning in the air you spawn on the runway. Also implement ghosting as a spawn protection.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Inner D. "yep, i love bombing runways where people were waiting to get a plane, easy cheap kills that way."

This is why DICE won't bring them back.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    Inner D. "yep, i love bombing runways where people were waiting to get a plane, easy cheap kills that way."

I think their reasoning is pretty obvious. No more unfair getting blown up as you take off, or the other team jacking your planes. No more 10 people getting stuck at the runway because they didnt get in one. You could argue that those people will just wait in the deploy screen, which im sure they do. But it's got a different feel than actually being in the game waiting for it spawn, when you are sitting there with a bunch of spawn options.
  • Trokey66
    6366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The cons of runways far outlay the pros so no, we don't all agree.
  • xXCA_RageXx

I think their reasoning is pretty obvious. No more unfair getting blown up as you take off, or the other team jacking your planes. No more 10 people getting stuck at the runway because they didnt get in one. You could argue that those people will just wait in the deploy screen, which im sure they do. But it's got a different feel than actually being in the game waiting for it spawn, when you are sitting there with a bunch of spawn options.

I liked it because of the immersive aspects. At the beginning of each match you had helicopters taking off, jets,vehicles and Tanks all going the same direction for some War. It looked cool.

I agree with you there.
  • crabman169
    12314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

2002 called it wants its dentures back

Screenshot_20180914-115631.png

~

You guys seriously need to grow up and leave your fantasy land of nostalgia

• contractor1986
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Member berries...
  • parkingbrake
    1007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

You forgot to wave your cane and yell at those kids to get off your lawn.
  • zynthetikk
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 14

They can't the maps are too small.
    Battlefield will never feel like battlefield again... it's dead jim
  • guinness54321
    192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I haven't read a post with this much trash in a long time.

Amazing.

While not stated the best way, he isn't wrong.

Since gaming went from a niche audience to a casual audience, the focus has changed from game play to shiny graphics and progression. The level playing field in mp games is gone.
  • XEngineerX
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The runways were cool but I don't miss teammates strapping C4 to the nose of my plane and detonating it to make me crash into the ground right as I take off
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There absolutely has to be brought back physical bases where the vehicles spawn and can be entered into from.

Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 feel so cheap, so artificial, so arcadey and pitifully casual without them. Removing physical bases and physical vehicle spawns in Bf1 was one of the absolute worst decisions made in Battlefield's history - and there have been many awful choices made by DICE in Battlefield's history. But removing physical bases is right at the top of them all. It's so ridiculous and it completely kills game immersion and adds and benefits nothing.

Just return physical bases, DICE. The sooner you do, the sooner Battlefield regains some of its dignity and enjoyability.