Battlefield 5 is gonna be a flop

txtom123
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I am calling it here that battlefield 5 is gonna be a flop.

1)The time to kill is so short interacting with anything (healing, rezing, grabbing ammo) that you just die so quickly. and by the way the time it takes to cancel a ineraction which sometimes you can't is also impossible so incase you don't want ammo its a 50/50 whether you will stop or not and get killed.
2)Health and Ammo pickups scattered around the map HAVE A COOL DOWN!!! What? If you teamates aren't throwing ammo or health you are essentially screwed if you are defending a constantly contended objective you will eventually get overrun because there is nothing you can do because your ammo and health cooldown crates aren't available.
3)The gun play does not make the "realistic" style they are going for good in any sense. The game is essentially a hipfire game just like most of star wars battlefront. They have hip fire improvement and fire rate improvement so why would anyone not opt for that considering that most battles within 10 meters can be won by hip fire. In BF3 and BF4 if you hip fired at someone not with in 2-3 meters you were 90% of the time most likely to die not the other way around.
4)Forcing squad mechanics due to bad weapon balancing when in the end it doesn't work. Explain to my why anyone should play any other class other than Assault class. The STG44 is the most powerful starting weapon besides the DMR from the sniper class but the DMR needs to earned by leveling up. The medic guns are terrible....techincally just pea shooters if they get caught with a 1 on 1 the odds are not in their favor unless they catch the person by surprise. It will not surprise anyone to see a squad full of assault classes. The LMGs are not satisfying what so ever they feel like somone standing a giant **** while shooting the gun bounces around so much, their clips are smaller than half of the weapons in the game besides the Bren. The STG easily beats all the LMGs toe to toe from acuracy, clip size, and and damage. The only weapon that can counter the STG44 is the sniper however if you are in CQB which is more often the STG will win and with hipfire being the main mode of firing it makes it the better option. This doesn't have to do with weapon balacing but what is the point of spawning with only 2 CLIPS of ammo! 2...Just another reason they are trying to force squad mechanics but only ruin the game due to the fact that you have no ammo if you spawn IN A COMBAT ZONE!!!! and you lose your support class if you even have one to begin with due to the fact that the only good thing in their kit is the fact they have the ammo box, BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! UNLESS THIS IS A BUG THE MEDIC CAN NOT ONLY GIVE HEALTH BUT CAN RESUPPLY AMMO. So beisdes the ammo box (that you need to interact with you can just hover an get ammo) what is the point of the support class again.
5) Vehicle gameplay is too slow and too realistic for the game style they have. The fact that they need to constantly rearm and the repairing mechanic is broken to the point you won't be able to repair sometimes for no reason explained if there is one or if there is a bug in that too. Also everyone is gonna be playing the assualt class due to the weapon balacing and everyone will be using the at launcher so once everyone levels up the tanks will damn be just useless. (Also you can spot explosives so if people drop mines or bombs you wont be able to spot them if they are hidden by debbrie from rubble of a near by building.
6) The realistic mechanics don't coinside with the battlefield mechancis in place. I understand that they wanted to be realistic game with realistic mechanics but the problem is that battlefield is not ARMA or a Combat Simulator. Its Battlefield. I don't understand the conepct of realistic aspects but some other things not realistic. Is building random fortifications realistic...why can't you shoot throw a wood shed witha heavy machine gun from a tank (you could do that in other battlefield games)...why do you need to interact with a dropable box of ammo but you can throw a pouch at another players butt and they get ammo immedialtey and same goes for medic bags placable and throwable. It makes no sense.
7)Then the bugs which might not be fixed in time for release (which is in october 19th btw) which is almost no time to fix the amount of bugs that we found in the game so far
-When you buddy revive a squad mate you will sometimes swap weapons and the weapons if full atuto go to semi auto...Tanks will not shoot if even you have amo and have reloaded the shell...The tank will continue to drive if even when you hit the brakes due to lag...Netcode is an isue again where you die around corners and its worse with the time to kill so short... You character will try to deploy a bipod while shooting totally disrupting you aim making it a pretty much garunteed death...Someitmes the fortifcation's top half will be destroyed but you can vault over...audio bugs where sounds don't come from where they really do.

These are only some of the bugs we found and its about damn time they learn from their mistakes. These guys at dice stockholm need to stop making games because they don't make good games. The biggest problem is that they consider themselves artsists more than game designers. I have an idea how about stockholm creates that art and overall look (which this game I am not impressed at all in this one) and leave the actually game mechanics to DICE LA you couldn't get BF4 right you didn't BF1 right you wont certainly get BF5 right either and this beta just hammers home how much they care about actually game design and level design when it comes to the game mechanics.

I am calling it here this BF5 will be just like BF1 the servers will populate and in a few months everyone will migrate back to their original games most back to BF4. It will not stay populated just like BF1. Therefore I decalre BF5 will be a flop.

P.S. I understand if you do not agree with me and you have every right to disagree and be objective, but this is my opion after playing the beta

Comments

• Eldharjar
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 8
    [post removed]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • txtom123
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 8
    I know alot of people are complaining about the realism of the actual makeup of the soldiers is immersion breaking and to be honest I would not care about it if the game was fun but it isn't...they spent more time making the game look good, which to be honest there are better looking games than this even worse looking games that are more fun than this. I don't care how they setup the game with visuals audio or anything hell they could make pink uniforms and I wouldn't care in the slightest as long as the game was fun. This isn't battlefield. The game will flop. I hope EA loses big over this game. Rumors are surffacing that DICE LA is making the next battlefield all we can do is prey that they are gonna make a good game that is actually battlefield and not a piece of crap.
  • Borges1091
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I think TTK is fine..some weapons need buffs/nerfs. Aside from that yeah.
  • bmillsy513
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 8
    My personal prediction is that it will start out as a flop, but will end up a few months to a year after launch as a decent game to get.

Though I disagree with a few reasons stated in the OP, like with the bugs on release as that's any Battlefield ever in memory, it also goes back to advertising and the hype for the game. Anyone watch the reveal of the game at E3 back in the summer? It was such a letdown to see. Basically was a backseat to everything else EA was showing there. I was like, this is it, for freaking Battlefield 5? I don't know, it just felt that it never got the backing as it deserved for being the franchise that it is. Just my 2 cents on that.
  • txtom123
    DICE LA has not developed a whole battlefield game yet. When battlefield 3 needed fixing they turned to DICE LA formerly known as danger close games at the time before EA changed that studio around. Danger close games made the medal of honor war fighter games before becoming DICE LA the same situation happened in battlefield 4. DICE stockholm created a pile of crap and left it to DICE LA to polish that pile crap into a shiny **** which I believe they did a decent job of and the same situation happened in battlefield 1! Stockholm makes a game that isn't balanced, not fun to play and changes it completley from what made battlefield, battlefield and call its art and a game. Once people start playing and complainig DICE stockholm hands it over to DICE LA and then they fix the game. Stockholm creates games with problems since battlefield 3 in the name of "art" just leave the game design to LA and you can focus all you want on graphics and that is what.

Every year the game feels like the game's amount of content is dropping since BF4. I agree the trailer was a huge letdown it clearly points out my pet peeve with DICE stockholm they don't care how the game plays only how it looks thats why the trailer really didn't have any realistic gameplay what so ever in it. BF4 had acutally gameplay in it. BF1 and BFV had almost no gameplay and was all cinematics. Clearly priorities are set elswhere.
  • ProAssassin2003
    1768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just want crouch running to be removed and I will be happy.
  • von_Campenstein
    5341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No it's going to be epic, everyone on 100+ ping with the PPsH.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just want crouch running to be removed and I will be happy.

Really? I quite like the feature. But it should be alot slower, barely feels like im crouched.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some people obviously love the game. However, I simply don't see the masses buying this game. This game will not come close to BF1's numbers I fully expect it to be close to Hardline's numbers. For a few simple reasons, low ammo, crappy health system and crap gun play not to mention the bleeding out that you can't skip. If you are reading this and you like those things good for you. Enjoy the game. But make no mistake this game in its current form will not sell well, Its Hardline 2.0 in the making in terms of sales or worse. Arguing with me or insulting me is not going to improve sales.

I highly doubt it would be near as low as hardline.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some people obviously love the game. However, I simply don't see the masses buying this game. This game will not come close to BF1's numbers I fully expect it to be close to Hardline's numbers. For a few simple reasons, low ammo, crappy health system and crap gun play not to mention the bleeding out that you can't skip. If you are reading this and you like those things good for you. Enjoy the game. But make no mistake this game in its current form will not sell well, Its Hardline 2.0 in the making in terms of sales or worse. Arguing with me or insulting me is not going to improve sales.

Your funny. This game will sell just fine. Thank God battlefield is going back to its roots.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In sixteen years of playing Battlefield, I have never seen a Battlefield title flop, maybe a slow start, but never a flop. Battlefield V wont flop either. Heck, I thought the beta was a blast.

Do you count BF Hardline in that assessment?
  • trip1ex
    3427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    what does flop mean? I mean a flop for this game could still mean 9 million unit sales.
  • SilkWildey
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    trip1ex wrote: »
    what does flop mean? I mean a flop for this game could still mean 9 million unit sales.

The last two (BF4 and BF1) did anywhere between 13- 17 million units each... Is that correct?

I certainly think they will see a pretty bad drop off judging by the reaction to the game. I haven't played it yet so I can't judge if it's as bad as everyone is saying but my expectations are very low now so I will probably enjoy it.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You're all missing the key thing here, the op can see into the future and not one of you have asked for the lottery numbers.

Me first, op, what you got for me?
  • SilkWildey
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    You're all missing the key thing here, the op can see into the future and not one of you have asked for the lottery numbers.

I mean I have no ill feelings towards the game since I haven't even played it but you don't need to see into the future to see the reaction to this game has been awful though especially after the amazing reaction they got for BF1.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SilkWildey wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

I mean I have no ill feelings towards the game since I haven't even played it but you don't need to see into the future to see the reaction to this game has been awful though especially after the amazing reaction they got for BF1.

Is this some kind of joke?
    Let's ignore the people who do like it.

Also, was you around the forums when BF1 came out?
    Its the same bs we have now.

"It's not BF4, so it's not a true BF title"

Short memory.