Weapon upgrades VS weapon balance

124»

Comments

  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @smokintom214
    But the fact that every weapon and vehicle has it's own individual level for upgrades still makes the system work.
    It does and have alway been like this, but it used to be more flexible. You unlocked attachments by lvl up the weapon (number of kills). Now you have to lvl up and buy. Why?
    Planes are not broken but need som tweeks. You can easy go 20-60 kills in the Belheim and Stuka 37 mm.

    Buy what? Attachments or upgrades? You always have to purchase or unlock those things....
    No, you only had to unlock them (you didn't also have to buy them) and you could create more variants by customize. Now you only have 2.
    In the past you had 1 gun that you could customize to fit your way of playing. Now you have to make a new one. (copy)
    It's basicly the same system like always, but it has become more complicated and I cant see the reason for that.

    What did you use to unlock them? Tokens? The currency is the same thing. But, you are just disputing the system to dispute it out of spite. What you propose is a new revamp of the whole system. So yeah let's create more work for the dev team because the 5% player base doesn't like how the current upgrade system is set up.
  • staRS-SirBob
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @smokintom214 wrote
    What did you use to unlock them? Tokens?
    No, only by getting kills with the weapon.
    Dive have introduced a new system. It's a beta and I'm giving my feedback. They can keep it or change it.
    In the end there will be short cuts to buy for gamers like me :smile:

  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @smokintom214 wrote
    What did you use to unlock them? Tokens?
    No, only by getting kills with the weapon.
    Dive have introduced a new system. It's a beta and I'm giving my feedback. They can keep it or change it.
    In the end there will be short cuts to buy for gamers like me :smile:

    Yeah I didn't notice any short cuts for this system. Except wasn't available for what you want with planes which is a short cut. But, you say kills... Which means you are still going to have complete assignments to earn the necessary currency to do what you want to do.
  • staRS-SirBob
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    @smokintom214 wrote
    Which means you are still going to have complete assignments to earn the necessary currency to do what you want to do.
    You didn't earn any currency it was only about kills/points. The only assignment was getting 350 kills in BF3 and 510 kills in BF4 with a weapon. Then you would have unlocked 20-25 upgrades/sights. And then you could customize your weapon in any way you liked with attachments. I didn't need to hunt currency through assignments or buy anything. Using the weapon was enough. Vehicle unlocks/upgrades were pure points. 30.000 points for stealth jet in BF4 and you would have got 10 upgrades. But if the make it possible to upgrade planes only by using planes then I can live with the current system.
  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @smokintom214 wrote
    Which means you are still going to have complete assignments to earn the necessary currency to do what you want to do.
    You didn't earn any currency it was only about kills/points. The only assignment was getting 350 kills in BF3 and 510 kills in BF4 with a weapon. Then you would have unlocked 20-25 upgrades/sights. And then you could customize your weapon in any way you liked with attachments. I didn't need to hunt currency through assignments or buy anything. Using the weapon was enough. Vehicle unlocks/upgrades were pure points. 30.000 points for stealth jet in BF4 and you would have got 10 upgrades.

    Ok..... ( Looks down and takes a deep breath) you didn't play the beta.
  • staRS-SirBob
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @smokintom214 wrote
    Which means you are still going to have complete assignments to earn the necessary currency to do what you want to do.
    You didn't earn any currency it was only about kills/points. The only assignment was getting 350 kills in BF3 and 510 kills in BF4 with a weapon. Then you would have unlocked 20-25 upgrades/sights. And then you could customize your weapon in any way you liked with attachments. I didn't need to hunt currency through assignments or buy anything. Using the weapon was enough. Vehicle unlocks/upgrades were pure points. 30.000 points for stealth jet in BF4 and you would have got 10 upgrades.

    Ok..... ( Looks down and takes a deep breath) you didn't play the beta.
    I'm talking about BF3/4 system not BFV.
  • G-Gnu
    864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    I don't mind assignments for skin and sights. That's just fine, but leave the points for upgrade out of it.
    You shouldn't have to buy upgrades. Unlocking them should be enough and then you can activate the ones you want to play with.

    You should go play cod. It's all dumbdown for the average Joe.

    And to be honest, you are Abit hypocritical. You don't like assignments, but you don't mind doing them. You don't want to buy upgrades, but in nearly every
    game YOU HAVE to buy upgrades for something .Assignments are easy and automatically complete by simply playing the game. I honestly think you didn't even bother playing the beta and you're just here to ridicule a system that set no player back when it came to upgrading weapons because everyone had more than enough currency through the whole beta by playing the game at a basic entry level. I completed over 34 assignments without the need of even highlighting them in the menu.

    This was just a text of stupidity, you really think a game like this really is about assignments and unlocks ?
    The game should be about the fight not about changing class to do stuff, BF1 was really really really horrible about assignments , sure you did not have to do most , you had to do some of them to be able to unlock weapons.
    Imo a game is not good at it´s core if you have to fill the game with "chores" to get ppl attention span last longer then one match, there is no real reason at all to have weapons locked behind coins or xp there is really no reason at all to a have huge load guns and attachment if the game is actually fun, you really do not care about those things if the game is engaging in its core.
    Now of course this is a Battlefield game so a variety of guns and attachments are expected.
  • People complain about the "disadvantage" something might give new players.

    Yet, some of these players are probably playing fortnite, building up on a default skin who is standing still, trying to understand what just happened, and they are shotgunning them in the face, saying, "LET'S GO!"

    I like having to grind. I have gotten used to the inevitability of it. It makes you play better long term.

    But some people are just too lazy.
  • At least I will be playing bf5 right at the start so will have all the unfair advantage.
    feel sorry for people who wait a year will not be worth it.

    you reap what you sow.
  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    I don't mind assignments for skin and sights. That's just fine, but leave the points for upgrade out of it.
    You shouldn't have to buy upgrades. Unlocking them should be enough and then you can activate the ones you want to play with.

    You should go play cod. It's all dumbdown for the average Joe.

    And to be honest, you are Abit hypocritical. You don't like assignments, but you don't mind doing them. You don't want to buy upgrades, but in nearly every
    game YOU HAVE to buy upgrades for something .Assignments are easy and automatically complete by simply playing the game. I honestly think you didn't even bother playing the beta and you're just here to ridicule a system that set no player back when it came to upgrading weapons because everyone had more than enough currency through the whole beta by playing the game at a basic entry level. I completed over 34 assignments without the need of even highlighting them in the menu.

    This was just a text of stupidity, you really think a game like this really is about assignments and unlocks ?
    The game should be about the fight not about changing class to do stuff, BF1 was really really really horrible about assignments , sure you did not have to do most , you had to do some of them to be able to unlock weapons.
    Imo a game is not good at it´s core if you have to fill the game with "chores" to get ppl attention span last longer then one match, there is no real reason at all to have weapons locked behind coins or xp there is really no reason at all to a have huge load guns and attachment if the game is actually fun, you really do not care about those things if the game is engaging in its core.
    Now of course this is a Battlefield game so a variety of guns and attachments are expected.

    You think so? Stupidity? Right. Well, it's quite obvious. This topic is about weapon upgrades and weapon balance which revolves around the assignments. You want to upgrade your weapon for vehicle? You gotta do assignments, you want skins? As of right now you have to do assignments. After launch, yeah you can use real money for cosmetics. But, the base of the games progression is designed around... Well, you guessed it assignments. However, these assignments are very easy compared to Battlefield 1's assignments. Man, you tired of reading the word assignments? Well, I'm not. As far as Battlefield 1 assignments, I completed every gun. They were pretty fair as far as the requirements go. But, the assignments in battlefield V go. Well, they are ridiculously easy. But, as I said in the beginning. Assignments are important. If you don't want to do them? That's cool, you'll get them done anyway without even knowing it. As I've been telling Bob, who is very reluctant to understand, is that the system works. But, he wants a whole revamp of it? Just so he can stay in a plane the entire game, and he also thinks it's entirely unfair that he would have to be an infantry soldier in a game that it's core mode is build around infantry which is the Forefront of every single battle in history.
  • G-Gnu
    864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    I don't mind assignments for skin and sights. That's just fine, but leave the points for upgrade out of it.
    You shouldn't have to buy upgrades. Unlocking them should be enough and then you can activate the ones you want to play with.

    You should go play cod. It's all dumbdown for the average Joe.

    And to be honest, you are Abit hypocritical. You don't like assignments, but you don't mind doing them. You don't want to buy upgrades, but in nearly every
    game YOU HAVE to buy upgrades for something .Assignments are easy and automatically complete by simply playing the game. I honestly think you didn't even bother playing the beta and you're just here to ridicule a system that set no player back when it came to upgrading weapons because everyone had more than enough currency through the whole beta by playing the game at a basic entry level. I completed over 34 assignments without the need of even highlighting them in the menu.

    This was just a text of stupidity, you really think a game like this really is about assignments and unlocks ?
    The game should be about the fight not about changing class to do stuff, BF1 was really really really horrible about assignments , sure you did not have to do most , you had to do some of them to be able to unlock weapons.
    Imo a game is not good at it´s core if you have to fill the game with "chores" to get ppl attention span last longer then one match, there is no real reason at all to have weapons locked behind coins or xp there is really no reason at all to a have huge load guns and attachment if the game is actually fun, you really do not care about those things if the game is engaging in its core.
    Now of course this is a Battlefield game so a variety of guns and attachments are expected.

    You think so? Stupidity? Right. Well, it's quite obvious. This topic is about weapon upgrades and weapon balance which revolves around the assignments. You want to upgrade your weapon for vehicle? You gotta do assignments, you want skins? As of right now you have to do assignments. After launch, yeah you can use real money for cosmetics. But, the base of the games progression is designed around... Well, you guessed it assignments. However, these assignments are very easy compared to Battlefield 1's assignments. Man, you tired of reading the word assignments? Well, I'm not. As far as Battlefield 1 assignments, I completed every gun. They were pretty fair as far as the requirements go. But, the assignments in battlefield V go. Well, they are ridiculously easy. But, as I said in the beginning. Assignments are important. If you don't want to do them? That's cool, you'll get them done anyway without even knowing it. As I've been telling Bob, who is very reluctant to understand, is that the system works. But, he wants a whole revamp of it? Just so he can stay in a plane the entire game, and he also thinks it's entirely unfair that he would have to be an infantry soldier in a game that it's core mode is build around infantry which is the Forefront of every single battle in history.

    I think you totally missed the point here...the thing is that last iterations revolves around assignments more or less, the big question is why ????
    I must be that the games is not engaging enough without them to have these assignments, which rather tell the whole story about what DICE thinks of their gamers attention span.
    Well the assignments is just a small detail in the mess of a game anyways.

  • VonReisler
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A good informative presentation that covers this topic and practically every other.
    Worth watching.

  • biotek7
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We all know they will be constantly tweaking and rebalancing these things. Let's not freak out about it already.
    That said, it's super easy to upgrade the weapons. It took far longer to unlock actual weapons, bare, in BF4 than it did to unlock and fully upgrade one in BFV beta.
  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    I don't mind assignments for skin and sights. That's just fine, but leave the points for upgrade out of it.
    You shouldn't have to buy upgrades. Unlocking them should be enough and then you can activate the ones you want to play with.

    You should go play cod. It's all dumbdown for the average Joe.

    And to be honest, you are Abit hypocritical. You don't like assignments, but you don't mind doing them. You don't want to buy upgrades, but in nearly every
    game YOU HAVE to buy upgrades for something .Assignments are easy and automatically complete by simply playing the game. I honestly think you didn't even bother playing the beta and you're just here to ridicule a system that set no player back when it came to upgrading weapons because everyone had more than enough currency through the whole beta by playing the game at a basic entry level. I completed over 34 assignments without the need of even highlighting them in the menu.

    This was just a text of stupidity, you really think a game like this really is about assignments and unlocks ?
    The game should be about the fight not about changing class to do stuff, BF1 was really really really horrible about assignments , sure you did not have to do most , you had to do some of them to be able to unlock weapons.
    Imo a game is not good at it´s core if you have to fill the game with "chores" to get ppl attention span last longer then one match, there is no real reason at all to have weapons locked behind coins or xp there is really no reason at all to a have huge load guns and attachment if the game is actually fun, you really do not care about those things if the game is engaging in its core.
    Now of course this is a Battlefield game so a variety of guns and attachments are expected.

    You think so? Stupidity? Right. Well, it's quite obvious. This topic is about weapon upgrades and weapon balance which revolves around the assignments. You want to upgrade your weapon for vehicle? You gotta do assignments, you want skins? As of right now you have to do assignments. After launch, yeah you can use real money for cosmetics. But, the base of the games progression is designed around... Well, you guessed it assignments. However, these assignments are very easy compared to Battlefield 1's assignments. Man, you tired of reading the word assignments? Well, I'm not. As far as Battlefield 1 assignments, I completed every gun. They were pretty fair as far as the requirements go. But, the assignments in battlefield V go. Well, they are ridiculously easy. But, as I said in the beginning. Assignments are important. If you don't want to do them? That's cool, you'll get them done anyway without even knowing it. As I've been telling Bob, who is very reluctant to understand, is that the system works. But, he wants a whole revamp of it? Just so he can stay in a plane the entire game, and he also thinks it's entirely unfair that he would have to be an infantry soldier in a game that it's core mode is build around infantry which is the Forefront of every single battle in history.

    I think you totally missed the point here...the thing is that last iterations revolves around assignments more or less, the big question is why ????
    I must be that the games is not engaging enough without them to have these assignments, which rather tell the whole story about what DICE thinks of their gamers attention span.
    Well the assignments is just a small detail in the mess of a game anyways.

    Why include assignments? Well, I've remembered them since bf2 back in the day. They have been apart of the franchise since I started playing. But, I were assignments as not only fun, but a way to improve your skills as a member of the battlefield community. I completed all the main weapon requirements for bf1, it was something I actually enjoyed and felt rewarded after doing them.. I am also upset that bfV assignments are insanely easy.. but, it welcomes new players to have fun at the entry level of the game as a first timer so I can't dispute their enjoyment.
  • MacaqueX
    630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont like SWBF kind of assignments, i don't want to be forced to play with plane to unlock something that i need on ground etc
    Forced assignments feels like work for me, i liked how they were in bf3 u just play and they are unlocking without thinking about them.
  • G-Gnu
    864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    I don't mind assignments for skin and sights. That's just fine, but leave the points for upgrade out of it.
    You shouldn't have to buy upgrades. Unlocking them should be enough and then you can activate the ones you want to play with.

    You should go play cod. It's all dumbdown for the average Joe.

    And to be honest, you are Abit hypocritical. You don't like assignments, but you don't mind doing them. You don't want to buy upgrades, but in nearly every
    game YOU HAVE to buy upgrades for something .Assignments are easy and automatically complete by simply playing the game. I honestly think you didn't even bother playing the beta and you're just here to ridicule a system that set no player back when it came to upgrading weapons because everyone had more than enough currency through the whole beta by playing the game at a basic entry level. I completed over 34 assignments without the need of even highlighting them in the menu.

    This was just a text of stupidity, you really think a game like this really is about assignments and unlocks ?
    The game should be about the fight not about changing class to do stuff, BF1 was really really really horrible about assignments , sure you did not have to do most , you had to do some of them to be able to unlock weapons.
    Imo a game is not good at it´s core if you have to fill the game with "chores" to get ppl attention span last longer then one match, there is no real reason at all to have weapons locked behind coins or xp there is really no reason at all to a have huge load guns and attachment if the game is actually fun, you really do not care about those things if the game is engaging in its core.
    Now of course this is a Battlefield game so a variety of guns and attachments are expected.

    You think so? Stupidity? Right. Well, it's quite obvious. This topic is about weapon upgrades and weapon balance which revolves around the assignments. You want to upgrade your weapon for vehicle? You gotta do assignments, you want skins? As of right now you have to do assignments. After launch, yeah you can use real money for cosmetics. But, the base of the games progression is designed around... Well, you guessed it assignments. However, these assignments are very easy compared to Battlefield 1's assignments. Man, you tired of reading the word assignments? Well, I'm not. As far as Battlefield 1 assignments, I completed every gun. They were pretty fair as far as the requirements go. But, the assignments in battlefield V go. Well, they are ridiculously easy. But, as I said in the beginning. Assignments are important. If you don't want to do them? That's cool, you'll get them done anyway without even knowing it. As I've been telling Bob, who is very reluctant to understand, is that the system works. But, he wants a whole revamp of it? Just so he can stay in a plane the entire game, and he also thinks it's entirely unfair that he would have to be an infantry soldier in a game that it's core mode is build around infantry which is the Forefront of every single battle in history.

    I think you totally missed the point here...the thing is that last iterations revolves around assignments more or less, the big question is why ????
    I must be that the games is not engaging enough without them to have these assignments, which rather tell the whole story about what DICE thinks of their gamers attention span.
    Well the assignments is just a small detail in the mess of a game anyways.

    Why include assignments? Well, I've remembered them since bf2 back in the day. They have been apart of the franchise since I started playing. But, I were assignments as not only fun, but a way to improve your skills as a member of the battlefield community. I completed all the main weapon requirements for bf1, it was something I actually enjoyed and felt rewarded after doing them.. I am also upset that bfV assignments are insanely easy.. but, it welcomes new players to have fun at the entry level of the game as a first timer so I can't dispute their enjoyment.

    Problem is at the latest iteration has implemented a lot of assignments that are rather contra productive against the team and the common goal.
    In BF1 (which imo has the worst assignments) some of the gun unlocks where kind of a assignment and pretty stupid ones too, though the other ones that unlocked scrap and other crap , made most of the time no to little sens.
    I think those i assignments i did was only by chance, never pursued any of them, though i had friends that try to do a lot of them and every time they did there was no point to play with them because of the ludicrous chase to get that assignment. Even most of the Specializations was to much to bare. And now they kind of want us to do same crap again , though easier to obtain , but still it will probably be worse things in retail.
    Why not just have XP for the guns and perks and have those coins for ppl that need to have golden skins or similar. It´s kind of sad in fact.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!