An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• Loqtrall
    11005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 14
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    When jumping out of the plane, I'd like to be able to choose when to deploy the parachute. Having it auto-deploy is too on-rails and hand-holding.

Unless it's historically accurate that those chutes would deploy the instant someone jumped out of the plane.

It is historically accurate to do it that way as paratroopers in WWII used a static line which opened the deployment bag containing their parachute as they left the aircraft, they had no choice in the matter. It's still done that way for most airborne troops with only the special forces types having full control over their more advanced parachutes. However that doesn't mean it has to be like that n the game, if players having control over when to open their chute contributes to better gameplay then maybe it should be that way.

I felt like a sack of laundry while parachuting in the beta, I was happy if I came down in the general area I wanted rather than doing pinpoint landings on rooftops like in BF3/4. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's different rather than worse.

IMG_20180913_191913.jpg

I think they're talking about Grand Operations, genius. You pull the chute cord the moment you exit the plane automatically. The auto deploy option makes zero difference.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

Do you have a problem with me just because I question your points? Because I don't have a problem with you...

I don't have a problem with you, you just seem to question everything as if you're misunderstanding everything.

Like you literally sat here questioning why vehicle stealing was an issue and blaming it on the victims when it got to the extent dice removed the possibility of it happening from the game entirely because it wasn't supposed to he happening in the first place, specifically FOR that reason. You claimed it didn't happen all the time when it got so bad over time DICE axed the very feature of spawning aircraft on the ground. You're literally the only person acting like it wasn't an issue. I mean, come on, you even tried to justify it by saying both teams could do it.

Now two guys have a discussion about pulling your chute the moment you jump from the plane - which auto deploy in normal matches doesn't even do - and you post a picture of the auto deploy option....

Lol, I respond accordingly just like I did about vehicle stealing, and you think I have a problem with you?

Stop taking a video game forum personal and just respond. I have like 11k posts here, in a couple months I won't even remember who you are or what we were even talking about in here.
  • Zviko0
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well that pictue I posted was more towards what Turbo_Nozomix said, which was about auto deploy. I just didn't care to look for his post that far back so I just quoted the other guy who was talking about something else. So I didn't really misunderstand, I was just lazy...

And yes I question everything because I think of every situation possible and somehow I think you don't which is interesting since you seem to like writing blogs I'd expect you to explain every situation possible. And then it can happen that even you, who seem like the smartest guy here, can make a fool out of yourself when you literally try to convince me about why something is as it is but it's not like that at all(that sptint stopping thing).

And now you respond to my respond which wasn't even aimed at you and call me names for it. If I'm wrong, I'll let that guy, who I responded to, me know if that's what he means. And no I didn't take it personal, it just seems that you don't like to be questioned or if someone disagrees with you.
  • HARDG0RE
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To stay true to this topic.

Heres my wish list on the game:

1. Add airfields / aircraft carriers for planes to take off from and to land on to repair
    2. improve out of bounds so that enemy cannot steal aircraft
    3. Make the Main menu screens more WW2 authentic by adding WW2 black and white footage accompanied with original Battlefield 1942 music
    4. Make the weather more grey and gritty, not every day was a sunny day as how DICE see's it. (Private Ryan / Band of bros had it right)
    5. Remove women with metal arms - MEHHHHH
    6. Increase ammo count and have less ammo crates (support used to provide ammo)
    7. Medics should revive people, not your average Joe on the battlefield. (also less health crates)
    8. Bring back the Swastika - Its a known fact that this logo was plastered everywhere as a sign of territory (apply to the so called council in charge if this)
    9. Fix the DirectX 12 issue
    10. Add an option to turn off HDR
  • The changes made for the most part are good. They essentially force players to work as a team, you can't run and gun across the map and need to use all available cover at all times. It's generally slower paced. I like that ammo is so scarce. It means people can't camp as they need to move about to find some or Support needs to do their job sand provide it.

I like the weapon upgrade system of earning points and then spending them although I think the layout of this could be a bit less cumbersome. The weapon UI should be more like Battlefield 1 as it's just easier to navigate without clicking the wrong things.

My only negatives are that it's difficult to see anything or make out enemy NPCs the way you could in Battlefield 1. I feel like you guys got it the other way round. Battlefield 1 should not have spotting because everything is so clear and crisp whereas Battlefield V could benefit from this. Either improve the graphics to look more like Battlefield 1 or put spotting back in.

Other negatives is that the revive system is too long. Shouldn't be hold to bleed out but press to skip. There are some bugs like random ghost figures after a player dies.

Please introduce character customisation i.e. ability to change race, gender etc.
  • Loqtrall
    11005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 14
    Well that pictue I posted was more towards what Turbo_Nozomix said, which was about auto deploy. I just didn't care to look for his post that far back so I just quoted the other guy who was talking about something else. So I didn't really misunderstand, I was just lazy...

And yes I question everything because I think of every situation possible and somehow I think you don't which is interesting since you seem to like writing blogs I'd expect you to explain every situation possible. And then it can happen that even you, who seem like the smartest guy here, can make a fool out of yourself when you literally try to convince me about why something is as it is but it's not like that at all(that sptint stopping thing).

And now you respond to my respond which wasn't even aimed at you and call me names for it. If I'm wrong, I'll let that guy, who I responded to, me know if that's what he means. And no I didn't take it personal, it just seems that you don't like to be questioned or if someone disagrees with you.

Well this is getting OT as hell so I'll end it here.

You don't seem to "think of every situation possible", as you literally responded to a guy saying "why does the chute auto deploy the moment you leave the plane" with a picture of the parachute auto deploy setting, when parachute auto deploy doesn't even cause that to happen. If you thought of "every situation possible", you would have known then that, by default, they were talking about spawning as Attackers on Grand Ops where that actually happens, instead of posting a picture of an option that auto deploys your parachute when you're a certain distance above the ground. Talk about making a fool of yourself...

Lastly, I didn't call you any names. Unless your sensibilities are so delicate that you consider a sarcastic "genius" to be an insulting name-call. The only reason it SEEMS you're taking it personally is because you retorted my response with this OT narrative of "having a problem with you". At least my response in-turn pertained to our comments in THIS discussion, whereas now you're bringing up instances in separate threads, saying I write blogs, and implying I act like I'm the smartest guy here.

Lmao, I responded to your comment about somebody else's post and now I "don't like to be questioned"? Ha.

Seems like you're taking it personal.

I'm not responding OT to your nonsense anymore, i don't need some random over-zealous mod I've never heard of giving me a week away because I posted OT once.

If you're going to respond, do so on topic, or pm me if you have an issue.
  • HARDG0RE
    I think WW3 has just been declared between Zviko0 and Loqtrall lol
  • Thebeau1771
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    resupplies: why should i have to rely on resupplies the ammo count is way to low and on regenerate health is too slow i like the resupplies but i shouldn't have rely on them. Spotting: for the love of god bring it back removing it was just stupid. respawning: between the time it takes to bleed out & respawn takes way too long.

The resupply is to slow down game, Battlefield is naturally a fast paced environment, most people just run and gun. It’s a magnificent addition in my books.

Spotting is perfect, coming from hardcore this was refreshing and much needed! Who in the heck had a GPS tracker on all their enemy’s back in the 1900’s??? No one. Lol - if you want spotting and more soft core settings go to call of duty.
  • Loqtrall
    HARDG0RE wrote: »

Lol you haven't seen anything. Back before mods were so strict there were pages of back and forths. I've already let it go, means nothing.

They're actually doing this, I believe.
  • HARDG0RE
    Partial result on my list of To-Do's lol

• Zviko0
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

:D

Nah man, I love that guy.
  • theONEFORCE
    2643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    To stay true to this topic.

Heres my wish list on the game:

1. Add airfields / aircraft carriers for planes to take off from and to land on to repair
    2. improve out of bounds so that enemy cannot steal aircraft
    3. Make the Main menu screens more WW2 authentic by adding WW2 black and white footage accompanied with original Battlefield 1942 music
    4. Make the weather more grey and gritty, not every day was a sunny day as how DICE see's it. (Private Ryan / Band of bros had it right)
    5. Remove women with metal arms - MEHHHHH
    7. Medics should revive people, not your average Joe on the battlefield. (also less health crates)
    8. Bring back the Swastika - Its a known fact that this logo was plastered everywhere as a sign of territory (apply to the so called council in charge if this)
    9. Fix the DirectX 12 issue
    10. Add an option to turn off HDR

You forgot to add that they need to make every squad have three Tom Hanks and one Matt Damon. The only customization are various versions of Tom Hanks throughout the years. Vietnam Forest Gump in black and white will be the Rare version and the kid before the swap in 'Big' will be an ultra rare Tom Hanks skin. Only when all Tom Hanks converge will they truly achieve WWII.

Weather must be white and black at all times and the soldiers should be green and brown with colorized pictures of their dames back home.
  • phr91
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Please introduce character customisation i.e. ability to change race, gender etc.

THIS.
  • FreakIndeed
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My Squad and I have ONE request:

Can we have a volume slider in the options to control Battle Chatter? The in game dialog spoken by the soldiers on the field, and yourself when you are calling for medic, etc. We have the ability to adjust the in game announcer and would REALLY like to be able to at least turn down the battle chatter volume to blend it better (or remove it) from our over the mic squad discussions on squad tactics, etc. With the new focus on squad play and communication this would be very helpful!

Thanks for your consideration.

My "Squad" and I really enjoyed the open Beta on XBox. I've been a BF player since 42 on PC (yeah, I'm turning 40). But the rest of my squad are youngsters. I can honestly say that I think BFV is showing that it will be a game enjoyable by both generations if each is willing to compromise a little for the other. It is clear to me that the younger audience NEEDS the customizations of characters and weapons, and I'm willing to give up some accuracy so they can have fun. Kudos to the BFV team for attempting to balance all this.
  • Snake126
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd love to see specific vehicle slots, but add more variety of vehicles to fill those (two per slot) e.g. you have one or two fighter and one bomber slots per map, with two fighter and two bomber options; same with tanks (lights/mediums/heavies etc.); you could even add an asymmetric balance by having just heavies for the Germans, but more mediums for the Allies; this option could also allow us to do a Battle of Britain section, more fighters for the Brits, bombers and fighters for the Germans....
  • SacredFlames900
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 18
    *Ignore the thumbnail, it isn't about that.* Just watch this video. And if you remove it because of profanity, at least click it, watch it, then remove it.

Removed YouTube video due to swearing in title. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • MachineHead0013
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The weapon skill tree is silly, don't substitute the weapon attachment system for this when BF returns to modern times.
  • EA_Cian
    434 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator
    *Ignore the thumbnail, it isn't about that.* Just watch this video. And if you remove it because of profanity, at least click it, watch it, then remove it.

Removed YouTube video due to swearing in title. - EA_Cian

I did have to remove the video as you noted, just as a head's up.
  • madman001able
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Are we gonna see any foo fighters in the game? Lol.