In defense of good sniping(bf1/bf2/bfbc2) over BB gun sniping(bf3/bf4/bf 5)

-L-M3rc3n4ry
340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
When i mean old days, i mean BF2/BFBC2 days and BF1; A lot of people said that BF1 had an overpopulation of snipers. This isn't truth. If you look to the BF tracker, medic rifles and SMG's are more used than Bolt Action rifles

L7f9fSi.png

And the bolt action rifles with more than 10% of Kills are SMLE carbine/infantry and Martini-Henry. Rifles that aren't good for long range. So, removing for the equation this rifles, snipers(not infantry or marksman bolt action rifles) are in fact the less common primary weapon on BF 1.

6jxMQDA.png

Anyone can look on BF tracker and see by yourself( battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/weapons/rifle ) People that say that bf1 have an overpopulation of snipers probably join in a long range map, see the scoreboard and assume that every recon is using an 12x scope and camping(this isn't truth according to the data)

Sure, Bolt Action rifles on BF1 are stronger even than on BF2 and BFBC2. I agree that the sweetspot on fast firing rifles are a little too much but lets be honest. If the sweetspot is removed, why i should use an Martini-Henry over an 2HK medic rifle that fire much more faster? IMHO sweetspot should be only for infantry/carbine variants. But that is just my opinion. Anyway, other complaint is that snipers muzzle speed is too fast. This isn't truth. If you look to any ballistic calculator, is not uncommon for a sniper to fire rounds past 800 m/s(converting feet to meter). The muzzle speed is realistic for all guns on BF 1. In fact, snipers have more bullet drop on BF1 than in reality. Anyone can look to an online ballistic calculator and select the cartridge, gravity, etc to see that snipers have more bullet drop on bf1 than IRL because the gravity on BF 1 is greater than on reality.

D4gqimf.jpg

Also, the bullet drag makes very hard to engage "regular infantry" in a range that even medics with a scoped mondragon can't hit you. Not mention that K-Bullets doesn't allow you to kill someone inside an armored vehicle like M95 allowed on Bf2 and BFBC2. I can pierce the armor of an boad and headshot the driver on bfbc2. On BF 1, K-bullets can't one headshot the "medieval plate armored" MG elite class...

BF V is the unique game of the franchise where an CQB chest shot deals only 50 pts of damage. This means that even on hardcore, snipers will not be OHK on BF V. Compared even to BF3/BF4 who have really weak "BB gun snipers", they are OHK at mostly common engagement distances on Hardcore. And the muzzle speed of BF V makes me wonder. Why someone will use an sniper rifle??? Any bipoded LMG kills faster and doesn't even require to aim on the head. The unique viable playstyle of snipers on BF V is the hill camper and even for that, there are better weapons, thanks to the BB gun muzzle speed and the lowest damage model on the series.

This was so epic...

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    actually unless I am mistaken, it is currently possible for the K bullets to bypass the armored elite classes armor.

as about the quuestion:
    Why someone will use an sniper rifle???
    It seems that in BFV beta one will use a sniper rifle for two reasons:
    a) To get out of the huge effective range of the STGs :s
    b) Because they want to use the gadget of the class and have no choice but to have a sniper rifle as their primary due to lack of choice...I hope we will get these silenced smgs for recon...
  • guinness54321
    192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You are using stats from after the ttk change where it went from snipers everywhere to supports camping everywhere.

What is really needed is a way to get kill farmers out of objective modes, maybe a large scale tdm with vehicles and all.
  • Hawxxeye
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What is really needed is a way to get kill farmers out of objective modes, maybe a large scale tdm with vehicles and all.
    I had been suggesting such things for the World of Warcraft battlegrounds as well.

I think that such a mode would be more popular than all these obscure modes in BF1 that almost nobody played like the war pigeons and the one with the supply drops and frontlines.

• -L-M3rc3n4ry
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You are using stats from after the ttk change where it went from snipers everywhere to supports camping everywhere.

I think that should be a "marksman superiority" mode where you get points by making long range headshots. So if you just wanna kills at CQB, go play TDM, if you wanna farm long range kills, go to MS. Anyway, campers will camp with everything. Even shotguns at corners. I still remember H&G where people camp with fighters by driving on circles behind enemy aircraft spawn just to easily get into enemy tail.

PS : I don't consider someone who is watching the objective at medium range and serving as spawn point to the team as a "camper", not even an sniper who is protecting the mcom from the montain on sinai desert
  • xXCA_RageXx
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol had to start a new post I see.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Lol had to start a new post I see.

I saw a lot of people complaining about snipers and saying that BF 1 was overpopulated by snipers then decided to check the data for myself; only lmg's are less used than bolt action rifles in a WW1 game and and inside the bolt action categoy, snipers are less used than infantry/carbine variants... Unless the bftracker is wrong. Anyway nobody reads the last pages of a discussion and the bftracker brought a new argument.
  • Bossman1794
    1048 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Snipers are 2hk in BF just like they've been in most every other BF (with some exceptions). They also cycle very fast and have great velocity. They're still very good weapons.

Why are people hating on them so much? Without the ridiculously powerful killcam it's much easier to hide as a sniper meaning if you're any good at playing as them you'll stay alive much longer.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    edited September 14
    Snipers are 2hk in BF just like they've been in most every other BF(1)(2) (with some exceptions). They also cycle very fast(3) and have great velocity.(4) They're still very good weapons.

Why are people hating on them so much?(5) Without the ridiculously powerful killcam it's much easier to hide as a sniper(6) meaning if you're any good at playing as them you'll stay alive much longer. (7)

1 - No, snipers on BFBC2 are OHK up to 35m(m95 + mag ammo), on BF3/4 they are OHK at CQB or on HC, on BFH they are OHK(except pc), on BF1 they have sweetspot. bf2 have no OHK except HS but there are no health regen and one shot let the enemy with 5hp
    2 - There aren't a BF game where you can't take an enemy at CQB with an sniper + pistol shot or that on hardcore(assuming that the bf 5 will have hc and 60hp) snipers aren't OHK on CQB
    3 - This goes against what snipers should be. Snipers should fire slowly but be deadly, look to the martini henry clip that i've psoted
    4 - No, the muzzle speed is ridiculous low.
    5 - No more anti vehicle gadgets aka K-bullets, C4, etc; no more useful to PTFO, any bipoded LMG being better at long range?
    6 - As with any other gun and guess what. Note that there are no 3D spoting on BF4 HC and snipers are OHK up to 150m
    7 - Correction : If you are camper with then and you can survive more with an STG 44.

Note that the best sniper on BF V(the semi auto) if was on BF V as an medic rifle will be one of the worst medic rifles... Compared with an good rifle like Mondragon, have greater recoil, less than half of muzzle speed(not sure), low DPS output, worst hipfire, less ammo on chamber, etc, etc, etc; also you can only take one person by clip with the semi auto bf v sniper.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    Snipers are 2hk in BF just like they've been in most every other BF (with some exceptions). They also cycle very fast and have great velocity. They're still very good weapons.

Why are people hating on them so much? Without the ridiculously powerful killcam it's much easier to hide as a sniper meaning if you're any good at playing as them you'll stay alive much longer.

He wants the death lasers of BF1 back, there is no point in arguing with him. Sniping in BF5 was some of the more enjoyable sniping of the series so far for me.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    edited September 14

He wants the death lasers of BF1 back, there is no point in arguing with him. Sniping in BF5 was some of the more enjoyable sniping of the series so far for me.

This """Death lasers""" are the second least used class of weapons. And only because you like, doesn't means that they are competitive. I like to use Ribeyrolles 1918 to counter sniping but this doesn't means that Ribeyrolles 1918 is good as a counter sniper weapon as an Scoped Mondragon for eg. BF V goes completely against what i liked on BF 1. BF 1 have weapons that handles like firearms(muzzle speed, bipod mechanics, etc) and a lot of arcade elements(high health, hp regen, 3d spot, etc) but BF V have weapons that handles like airsoft guns and more hc elements(no spoting, slow tanks, etc)

Honestly the WW1 tanks from BF1 fells more nimble than BF V ww2 tanks...

EDIT : This is how a long range sniper plays on bf1
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    I edited my last comment and now he is under "approval" but one question. Why do you classify BF 1 snipers as "death lasers"? Other think, I like to use Ribeyrolles 1918 to counter sniping but this doesn't means that Ribeyrolles 1918 is good as a counter sniper weapon as an Scoped Mondragon or an scoped BAR M1918 for eg.