One thing I think everyone will agree on

2

Comments

  • mav_smileyface
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There absolutely has to be brought back physical bases where the vehicles spawn and can be entered into from.

    Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 feel so cheap, so artificial, so arcadey and pitifully casual without them. Removing physical bases and physical vehicle spawns in Bf1 was one of the absolute worst decisions made in Battlefield's history - and there have been many awful choices made by DICE in Battlefield's history. But removing physical bases is right at the top of them all. It's so ridiculous and it completely kills game immersion and adds and benefits nothing.

    Just return physical bases, DICE. The sooner you do, the sooner Battlefield regains some of its dignity and enjoyability.

    You sir hit the nail on the head
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    Inner D. "yep, i love bombing runways where people were waiting to get a plane, easy cheap kills that way."

    This is why DICE won't bring them back.

    Nonsense. That barely ever happened, and there are ways to stop that if it's desired (though I think it shouldn't be stopped), such as making planes invulnerable until they take off in the air, and making them invulnerable to teammate explosives like C4 or making teammate explosive not stick to aircraft until the aircraft first leaves the runway zone.

    So, what you've said has nothing to do with why physical bases are or are not present, because what you mentioned doesn't affect them at all.

    think their reasoning is pretty obvious. No more unfair getting blown up as you take off

    There is nothing unfair about being blown up while taking off, if it's by the opposing team. If it's by a teammate, that's called griefing, and it's rare, and it's no reason to take away a core and essential part of the game such as physical bases are. Might as well say 'oh, someone might troll in Bf, so might as well not make a Battlefield game at all so that there's no possibility of anyone trolling in it'. It's a silly thing to propose.
    or the other team jacking your planes.

    I don't know where you've been for the past decade, but that's not possible in modern Battlefields because the main player bases are always in out-of-bounds areas. The only way the opposing team could take your team's aircraft is if they already are in their own team's aircraft and they fly over your team's airbase, and they eject from their plane and manage to get into your team's plane within 5 or so seconds of ejecting from their plane. Not really an easy thing to do, and also a mostly pointless thing to do if they're already in a plane. They also have no indication of when planes will re-spawn in your team's base.

    So, all the odds are against it happening, and it correspondingly almost never happens in Battlefield 4 and 3. And if a player does manage to pull it off, then congrats to them and they deserve to have that plane. It's a fair and rare part of the game.

    I think that main bases shouldn't even be in out-of-bounds areas. In Battlefield 2, some of the most fun battles I've had involved defending the main base while the opposing team had mine cornered, and my team would have to look out for opponents trying to sneak in to take the vehicles. That was fun strategic gameplay that involved personal thought to deal with. Battlefield 4 was too casual in having the main bases be made out of bounds for opponent teams.
    No more 10 people getting stuck at the runway because they didnt get in one.

    When did that last happen? Battlefield 2 - that was 12 years ago. And who cares? It's an acceptable part of the game in Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2 is more than 10 times the game as any modern Battlefield because it has no much more to it.
    You could argue that those people will just wait in the deploy screen, which im sure they do. But it's got a different feel than actually being in the game waiting for it spawn, when you are sitting there with a bunch of spawn options.

    Yeah, it's lamer when people wait on the spawn screen. There's no argument there to be made for not having physical bases.


    All of the suggested excuses for not having physical bases are false arguments. There is no good reason or excuse for not having physical bases. None of this stuff brought up by people affects the game in any negative way, and most of it practically never happens - and most of it, the odd time that it does happen, is completely acceptable and not a negative thing.

    People might as well be complaining about dying in Battlefield and ask DICE to remove dying from the game. That's a part of the game, and all the things mentioned in this thread are parts of having a full and satisfying Battlefield experience.
  • mav_smileyface
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want to point out regarding sitting on load screen.. having home bases with stationary transport planes and tanks gives everyone a fair shout of claiming a vehicle rather than who can mash the button the fastest in spawn screen..
  • Zviko0
    839 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. There's so much they could do to "fix" or balance this but instead they remove it completely. I mean if it was such a big issue, why did it take so many years to remove it.

    Simple spawn protection could work. Ghosting could work to avoid dickish teammates who try to block your take off with vehicles. Spawning a plane the same way you do now but on the ground instead and outside of it. And only the one who spawned it can enter it for a limited amount of time before it unlocks to everyone(in case he's a **** or killed). Just to prevent people waiting on the place where they spawn and do nothing.

    I don't know....something....
  • trip1ex
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i played bf42 yesterday against some bots and man, some of the maps are just huge. The bases are huge. Some of those desert maps are ginormous. To look over the landscape and not even be able to see the next flag. Definitely has a sense of scale that the newer games just don't match.

    It wasn't all positive. It does make for some more walking and other issues. But seeing as how so many don't play objectives now and take planes and taxi with them still and sit on the spawn screen waiting for a vehicle, why not bring that stuff back.

    but the game is consolized now. and the console audience, the mainstream audience, wants action action action. graphics graphics graphics. Hence small maps.

    They say in BFV they want lulls well the big maps gave you lulls.
  • Trokey66
    6358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Inner D. "yep, i love bombing runways where people were waiting to get a plane, easy cheap kills that way."

    This is why DICE won't bring them back.

    Nonsense. That barely ever happened, and there are ways to stop that if it's desired (though I think it shouldn't be stopped), such as making planes invulnerable until they take off in the air, and making them invulnerable to teammate explosives like C4 or making teammate explosive not stick to aircraft until the aircraft first leaves the runway zone.

    So, what you've said has nothing to do with why physical bases are or are not present, because what you mentioned doesn't affect them at all.

    think their reasoning is pretty obvious. No more unfair getting blown up as you take off

    There is nothing unfair about being blown up while taking off, if it's by the opposing team. If it's by a teammate, that's called griefing, and it's rare, and it's no reason to take away a core and essential part of the game such as physical bases are. Might as well say 'oh, someone might troll in Bf, so might as well not make a Battlefield game at all so that there's no possibility of anyone trolling in it'. It's a silly thing to propose.
    or the other team jacking your planes.

    I don't know where you've been for the past decade, but that's not possible in modern Battlefields because the main player bases are always in out-of-bounds areas. The only way the opposing team could take your team's aircraft is if they already are in their own team's aircraft and they fly over your team's airbase, and they eject from their plane and manage to get into your team's plane within 5 or so seconds of ejecting from their plane. Not really an easy thing to do, and also a mostly pointless thing to do if they're already in a plane. They also have no indication of when planes will re-spawn in your team's base.

    So, all the odds are against it happening, and it correspondingly almost never happens in Battlefield 4 and 3. And if a player does manage to pull it off, then congrats to them and they deserve to have that plane. It's a fair and rare part of the game.

    I think that main bases shouldn't even be in out-of-bounds areas. In Battlefield 2, some of the most fun battles I've had involved defending the main base while the opposing team had mine cornered, and my team would have to look out for opponents trying to sneak in to take the vehicles. That was fun strategic gameplay that involved personal thought to deal with. Battlefield 4 was too casual in having the main bases be made out of bounds for opponent teams.
    No more 10 people getting stuck at the runway because they didnt get in one.

    When did that last happen? Battlefield 2 - that was 12 years ago. And who cares? It's an acceptable part of the game in Battlefield 2, and Battlefield 2 is more than 10 times the game as any modern Battlefield because it has no much more to it.
    You could argue that those people will just wait in the deploy screen, which im sure they do. But it's got a different feel than actually being in the game waiting for it spawn, when you are sitting there with a bunch of spawn options.

    Yeah, it's lamer when people wait on the spawn screen. There's no argument there to be made for not having physical bases.


    All of the suggested excuses for not having physical bases are false arguments. There is no good reason or excuse for not having physical bases. None of this stuff brought up by people affects the game in any negative way, and most of it practically never happens - and most of it, the odd time that it does happen, is completely acceptable and not a negative thing.

    People might as well be complaining about dying in Battlefield and ask DICE to remove dying from the game. That's a part of the game, and all the things mentioned in this thread are parts of having a full and satisfying Battlefield experience.

    We must have played different Battlefields then because all you claim as 'false arguments' were pretty regular occurrences.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    We must have played different Battlefields then because all you claim as 'false arguments' were pretty regular occurrences.

    Or, you are exaggerating your claims because you're a casual and despite not running into these occurrences to any significant degree you just feel you have to crusade over the thought that some player somewhere is getting one up on you.

    I've played all PC Battlefields, and the complaints aren't an issue in any of them, including the older ones where the things complained about could actually easily happen regularly *if* your team was playing awful and wasn't paying attention. And the things mentioned in this thread rarely ever occur in modern Bf's. And the trade-off of taking away physical bases is so far into the negative that there's no rational argument for taking them away. And, on top of it all, as previously mentioned, there are ways to prevent the 'inconveniences' mentioned without removing physical bases - though, those 'inconveniences' aren't really inconveniences any more than the rest of the gameplay is, and shouldn't be removed.

    Might as well complain that because the opponent team kills you DICE should take death out of the game. Hey DICE, tanks shoot cannons that cause explosions which can kill our characters and teammates. Better remove them from the game since the game itself is found to be an inconvenience to its players.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    i played bf42 yesterday against some bots and man, some of the maps are just huge. The bases are huge. Some of those desert maps are ginormous. To look over the landscape and not even be able to see the next flag. Definitely has a sense of scale that the newer games just don't match.

    It wasn't all positive. It does make for some more walking and other issues. But seeing as how so many don't play objectives now and take planes and taxi with them still and sit on the spawn screen waiting for a vehicle, why not bring that stuff back.

    but the game is consolized now. and the console audience, the mainstream audience, wants action action action. graphics graphics graphics. Hence small maps.

    They say in BFV they want lulls well the big maps gave you lulls.

    Lulls are essential to a quality experience. The nonstop pew-pew-pew has been one of the biggest weaknesses of modern Battlefield games. Dynamics create richer and more multi-dimensional experiences.

    Unfortunately, DICE have been off-setting every thing they've reduce the casual-level of by increasing the casual-levels of other things. For example:

    DICE have removed 3D spotting. But then DICE have made every player a semi-medic class. And medics can't throw med-packs anymore unless it's directly to a player - reducing complexity and strategic options in the game, and making the medic class feel more on-rails. Battlefield 5 has increased its casualization more than it has reduced it.

    And in Bf5, for all practical purposes, aerial vehicles don't even exist in the game if you're on the ground. They don't contribute to the battle, they're just off in their own separate thing. The casual and noob way that they function has completely disconnected them from the actual game on the ground.
  • von_Campenstein
    5698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    i played bf42 yesterday against some bots and man, some of the maps are just huge. The bases are huge. Some of those desert maps are ginormous. To look over the landscape and not even be able to see the next flag. Definitely has a sense of scale that the newer games just don't match.

    It wasn't all positive. It does make for some more walking and other issues. But seeing as how so many don't play objectives now and take planes and taxi with them still and sit on the spawn screen waiting for a vehicle, why not bring that stuff back.

    but the game is consolized now. and the console audience, the mainstream audience, wants action action action. graphics graphics graphics. Hence small maps.

    They say in BFV they want lulls well the big maps gave you lulls.

    Lulls are essential to a quality experience. The nonstop pew-pew-pew has been one of the biggest weaknesses of modern Battlefield games. Dynamics create richer and more multi-dimensional experiences.

    Unfortunately, DICE have been off-setting every thing they've reduce the casual-level of by increasing the casual-levels of other things. For example:

    DICE have removed 3D spotting. But then DICE have made every player a semi-medic class. And medics can't throw med-packs anymore unless it's directly to a player - reducing complexity and strategic options in the game, and making the medic class feel more on-rails. Battlefield 5 has increased its casualization more than it has reduced it.

    And in Bf5, for all practical purposes, aerial vehicles don't even exist in the game if you're on the ground. They don't contribute to the battle, they're just off in their own separate thing. The casual and noob way that they function has completely disconnected them from the actual game on the ground.

    You might want to find a synonym for casual, any time I read that in a post I just stop. To me it says pro player wants game tailored to extend his egofest, nothing more.
  • TiMEvBoMB
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    Bring back home bases with runways!

    How simple would this b to do.. and how much would it make battlefield feel like... battlefield again!

    I'll go one step further. Bring back the ability to capture enemy bases like in BC1 and when one team captures all flags that team wins. This was so much better especially when joining a game late, Team is getting hammered and leading them back to victory.
  • mad3hojo
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There absolutely has to be brought back physical bases where the vehicles spawn and can be entered into from.

    Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 feel so cheap, so artificial, so arcadey and pitifully casual without them. Removing physical bases and physical vehicle spawns in Bf1 was one of the absolute worst decisions made in Battlefield's history - and there have been many awful choices made by DICE in Battlefield's history. But removing physical bases is right at the top of them all. It's so ridiculous and it completely kills game immersion and adds and benefits nothing.

    Just return physical bases, DICE. The sooner you do, the sooner Battlefield regains some of its dignity and enjoyability.

    100% agree.

    Yes, while jets camping runways is frustrating, who's fault is that really? DICE removed the manned AA in favor of an automated AA which can't hit the broad side of a barn if you were to build one over it. That's the real problem here, if DICE were to make the AA actually work, then this wouldn't be an issue.
  • Trokey66
    6358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    We must have played different Battlefields then because all you claim as 'false arguments' were pretty regular occurrences.

    Or, you are exaggerating your claims because you're a casual and................ white noise..........

    We'll leave it there then.

  • ATF_lateDENT
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This ain't BF1942 where you could have ship VS sub VS aircraft carrier. This is a much smaller prettier boring version of 1942. There is no more 128-200 player servers. It's supposed to be pretty and small. you know for kids.

    Welcome to the new era of boringness. It's all about skins, levels and K/D. Back in the day it was all about immersion, player cap possibilities and just Battlefield. I blame BC. Should have at least gave PC a exclusive version. Bad marketing these guys man.

    so keep playing '42 if its's the pinnacle of online gaming to you. there are (a few) other people who share your delusion. graphics are too distracting
  • Hawxxeye
    2049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is baffling how the future has smaller maps than the past
  • crabman169
    12289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It is baffling how the future has smaller maps than the past

    Its baffling how people don't understand the most basic of game development.

    The polygons just for one map in bf1942 may make up enough for one of the face textures on a playermodel in bfv.

    ~

    @Loqtrall I mean this thread is definition of nostalgia isn't it? Apparently there were no issues pre Bad Company and the games were perfect.

    People didn't play the exact same way they do now.

    No one was toxic ingame

    Its was all rainbows, fog of war, limited sprint and happy clappy
  • CHAMMOND1992
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 14
    And medics can't throw med-packs anymore unless it's directly to a player - reducing complexity and strategic options in the game

    Damn you can't heal the ground anymore?
  • crabman169
    12289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And medics can't throw med-packs anymore unless it's directly to a player - reducing complexity and strategic options in the game

    Damn you can't heal the ground anymore?

    Goddman battlefield and going back to its roots!

    this isn't BATTLEFIELD as they say
  • Kexlar
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's one thing I have never thought of in BF V so I must be one of the ones that don't agree with it......
  • xXCA_RageXx
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry I just don't think it's very important for us to take off. While it feels cool and definitely helps with immersion. I personally think that changing it back to bases wouldn't change how the game overall feels.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    [/quote]

    You might want to find a synonym for casual, any time I read that in a post I just stop. To me it says pro player wants game tailored to extend his egofest, nothing more.[/quote]

    Casual has no meaning in the forums anymore. It's kind of funny. It's the go to for some people like the go to "its just like cod" nerd rage complaint.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!