weapons that will be available at release

Budwalker
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
just the guns we saw for each class in the beta (4 each) really???? Battlefield normally has loads to choose from is what we have seen it or will there be more???? I looked on the net a bit and what we have seen seems to be what we will get in the full release....

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I believe there is going to be 35 weapons at launch. Might be wrong but I'm fairly sure I heard that somewhere.
  • dmccar1001
    545 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    35 is not that many … probably 5 per class when you take out tanker/pilot, melee, and pistols ...
  • barnesalmighty2
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep it sucks pretty bad. I'm pretty sure it was a youtube rant video comparing launch weapons to bf4's 80+ weapons. I really can't remember though.
  • Budwalker
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    nice list thank you. shame you felt it necessary to be negative first... common trend these days.
  • ItsMeJamige
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I always chuckle when someone compares low weapon count to BF4's 80+.

First it's modern so there's limitless weapons to pick from and half of the weapons were very similar stat wise or just plain bad. People also complained about the lack of weapons in BF1. There were lots of guns used in WW1, but the problem is that 95% of them were bolt action rifles.
  • crabman169
    12289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Budwalker wrote: »
    nice list thank you. shame you felt it necessary to be negative first... common trend these days.

Reread your op and tell me about being negative
  • V2Face
    2557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why would the beta showcase all weapons in the game? That’s not normal, that’s like asking why not show all the maps and game modes. It was a BETA not full release some people don’t understand what that means nowadays.
  • bran1986
    4155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @crabman169 great list but you forgot theThompson for medics.
  • crabman169
    12289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    @crabman169 great list but you forgot theThompson for medics.

I knew I was forgetting something :D
  • xXCA_RageXx
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    Budwalker wrote: »
    just the guns we saw for each class in the beta (4 each) really???? Battlefield normally has loads to choose from is what we have seen it or will there be more???? I looked on the net a bit and what we have seen seems to be what we will get in the full release....

Pretty sure those arent the only weapons.
    V2Face wrote: »
    Why would the beta showcase all weapons in the game? That’s not normal, that’s like asking why not show all the maps and game modes. It was a BETA not full release some people don’t understand what that means nowadays.

If they had a brain, they would realize that player's jump to conclusions. Why not show all the weapons but keep them locked.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I always chuckle when someone compares low weapon count to BF4's 80+.

First it's modern so there's limitless weapons to pick from and half of the weapons were very similar stat wise or just plain bad. People also complained about the lack of weapons in BF1. There were lots of guns used in WW1, but the problem is that 95% of them were bolt action rifles.

eh, and BF4 kind of wasted those 80+ on guns and gadgets that had an uneven distribution among the 3 factions (not surprising given chinese guns tend to be obscure things).

Like I think stuff like the XM-25 shouldn't have been included as a support gadget.. at least not without a chinese or Russian Equivalent (assuming one exists) also being included. (having it as a pickup item similar to the 6-shot grenade launchers and stuff is alright though)
    Feel similarly about the Panzerfaust in BF:V.. would prefer to see a truly Dedicated AT-class return like BF:1942-BF:2 had; though I also hope that the game launches with the Vickers K, Lewis Gun or something else taking up the role of an allied "MMG".. (maybe M1919?)

BF4's variety of weapons also seemed to have a ton of balance issues brought about by having them all be "common pool", and then using statistics as the means by which balance issues were identified and addressed. Had they been more "faction-restricted" (with maybe some "neutral" guns also present) I think this would've been less of an issue as you then would be unable to as easily "switch to a good gun and ignore all the underpreforming ones", and that would in turn mean data showing that there was a "underpreforming gun", meaning it could be fixed (or fixes to gun balance could be thought of and experimented with until a suitable solution would be found).

In short I'm probably expecting too much, but I'd rather keep expectations/demands/hopes high rather than give into "despair" and contribute further to a direction I'd prefer not to go in.

• xXCA_RageXx
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    90% of the BF4 weapons were trash on launch. It took a year to get that game stable and open up the viability of alot of the weapons.
  • l_water_l
    1248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would be really surprised if the Garand, Thompson, and grease gun are not at release. But they might be holding them back for the inevitable American DLC.
  • bran1986
    4155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    I would be really surprised if the Garand, Thompson, and grease gun are not at release. But they might be holding them back for the inevitable American DLC.

The Thompson is definitely in as it has been shown in all videos leading up to the launch.