Battlefield V should have been Battlefield 1 with WWII DLC

Slayberdon
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I would have honestly liked the game better if it was just Battlefield 1 with some minor updates. I think I spent less than an hour or two on the beta, and that seems common among the people I used to squad up with for Battlefield 1.

I don't know, maybe this will turn into something good.

Comments

• crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe you should've have spent more time in the beta to get more famailir and better at the game.

~

Given how different bfv is there is no way it could've been bf1 dlc which would also make zero sense. Ww2 was a massive conflict hence WORLD WAR 2 and is deserving of a standalone title especially after 16 years. The Korean War would be one of the wars (only just) like the Russian civil war (which we got in bf1) in which you could pass it as additional content for game rather than a standalone title.
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They should have just sold a WWII expansion for BF1 and gave us BFBC3 instead.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Thank God you arent part of the development team.
    Slayberdon wrote: »
    I would have honestly liked the game better if it was just Battlefield 1 with some minor updates. I think I spent less than an hour or two on the beta, and that seems common among the people I used to squad up with for Battlefield 1.

Sorry, but if the the overrated bad company series was as popular as you guys wanna believe we would of already had the third installment.

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Sorry, but if the the overrated bad company series was as popular as you guys wanna believe we would of already had the third installment.

DICE have said they've held off on making it since they couldn't pinpoint what it was people liked about it and how to replicate this. Meaning they've had some of the same features in other games but they all came together well in those titles. You can have a lot of cool features thrown into a game but not all will work well with other equally desirable functions.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

DICE have said they've held off on making it since they couldn't pinpoint what it was people liked about it and how to replicate this. Meaning they've had some of the same features in other games but they all came together well in those titles. You can have a lot of cool features thrown into a game but not all will work well with other equally desirable functions.

Well it did introduce destruction to the battlefield series. I personally think that is the only redeeming feature from the bad company games. The gameplay was meh, maps were cool, I practically unlocked every weapon on release week, no prone was laughable, looked pretty of course.