Release A Remastered BF:1942 And I Think A Lot Of Us Will Leave BF5/This Forum Alone.

Seabees4Life
113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
Do it.

Same maps. Same vehicle layouts. Same home bases.

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Or just go play 1942 and leave the forums already. We are most likely never going to go back to how those games played(BF2 vet here). I personally think BFV is a good balance between the old and new gaming communities. Alot of the squadplay feels like BF2 but with a bit faster pace that most of the new games are like.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Do it.

Same maps. Same vehicle layouts. Same home bases.

As much as I would love to see a remastered bf42 I think we would all get bored with effectively the same maps. Don't forget we played those maps for much longer than 2 years.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I know this is a bit off the wall, but I would love to see a remastered Battlefield 2142. That game would be dope with todays graphics and sound.
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I know this is a bit off the wall, but I would love to see a remastered Battlefield 2142. That game would be dope with todays graphics and sound.

me to, that was my favorite one i loved Titan mode. but the way Dice has been going these last few games im pretty sure they would F it up big time.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

While I didnt like it as much as BF2, an updated version would actual interest me more than it did back then.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man, I'd kill for remastered BF1942.
  • trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would fun to have that. Pack it in with BFV like Activision did with a recent CoD.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    trip1ex wrote: »
    It would fun to have that. Pack it in with BFV like Activision did with a recent CoD.

No screw that, it was only a way for them to increase their sales of their terrible game. If it was a true thing to bring to some of the old fans, than it should be sold on its own.
  • trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No screw that, it was only a way for them to increase their sales of their terrible game. If it was a true thing to bring to some of the old fans, than it should be sold on its own.

Yep wouldn't want EA to increase sales and make some extra money.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    edited September 2018

EA can sell it separately and still make money without giving the middle finger to their fans that wouldnt want to buy a game they dont want to get a remastered version of an old game. Using activation practices as an example is never a good idea. I'd say they are even worse than EA.
  • trip1ex

EA can sell it separately and still make money without giving the middle finger to their fans that wouldnt want to buy a game they dont want to get a remastered version of an old game. Using activation practices as an example is never a good idea. I'd say they are even worse than EA.

They can pack it the super deluxe version and make even more money. They wouldn't want to cannibalize BFV sales any by offering it up separate.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I would only support a 1942 remake if private server hosting and modding were allowed. Those two things are what made, make 1942 worth playing to this day. Anything less is garbage. The reason why we have accepted these things with the newer Battlefields is beyond me.
    Post edited by l_water_l on
  • xXCA_RageXx

They can pack it the super deluxe version and make even more money. They wouldn't want to cannibalize BFV sales any by offering it up separate.

I know they can pad their sales with a package deal like that. What I'm saying is that is a big middle finger to the fans if there isnt an option to buy it desperately.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its not happening.

They stated back in bf4 when making Dragon Valley that the refractor engine and frostbite aren't compatible so they had to remake the map from scratch and it was missing things like that Aircraft Carrier which we know was a thing in bf4 (Paracel Storm, Naval Strike).

So in order for them to "remake" 1942 in frostbite it would be the exactly same as making a brand new title.

I highly doubt you would see the same level of maps unless they literally didn't release it until they had remade them all (which highly doubt; remember deadlines?) And there would be the same. The scale and such wouldn't be there. And if it was you'd see one of the big issues no one's nostalgia wants to talk about; big open empty spaces, limited sprint, having to move across the map on foot and "fog of war". Now if the maps were totally remade than the lack of fog of war (because there would be an actual need for it) would showcase the clearly issue with a lot of the big maps.

People complain about snipers enough as it is in this franchise can you imagine 1942 maps with no fog of war and frostbite? You'd be begging for that FoW back asap.

And you really think you'd see maps like Coral Sea with naval combat including moveable carriers and subs?

Its time to take off the Rose tinted goggles and snap back reality (oh there goes gravity)
    Most of us loved 1942 Yeah and still do; it was a good game for its time and that's it. Trying to resell 1942 remaster (implying that's what it is a 1:1 remaster just on frostbite) would sell as well as the mil sim shooters on steam; you might get some more sales but next to no one is gonna play it but the nostalgia ridden vets for only so long.

Ironic isn't it? Berate the recent battlefields especially bfv for just being about graphics etc yet here we are wanting a bf1942 remaster in frostbite. Hmmm.

YOU CAN STILL PLAY 1942 TO THIS DAY. So how bout you go do that.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, I want a remastered 2142 or a 2143! But, bfV will be a great game!
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ive played bf1942 for years since i was a kid and ill say that the base game grew kinda stale for me.

now the mods; Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat, those i loved 10x more. more maps, more guns, more vehicles.
  • Kalimar42
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would much rather have BFBC 2 remastered. That game was loads of fun. 😬😬