I don't like the current color of the tiger 1.

smokintom214
783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Here is a link with better options.

http://www.alanhamby.com/paints.shtml

Comments

• BGHFlakjacket
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pink would be a better color than the current look.
  • smokintom214
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pink would be a better color than the current look.

Almost! It looks like a toy.... I hope it's unfinished, and it'sgame mechanics were thrown in the beta to be tested.. after all it was one of the most powerful tanks in WW2.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The vehicles will be customizable in the full game, which probably means you can apply camo to them.
  • BCGaius
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's yellow. Which is (more or less) the correct base color for a German tank after 1942. The reason that might look strange is because German crews famously often applied paint in the field to create camo patterns (which were not standardized until late 1944), and that's what you often see in pictures (or you see them painted grey, which is often incorrect because that was discontinued in 1942). The actual standard, factory-applied paint to German tanks was... yellow.

The other reason the Tiger might look funny in-game is because the default in-game appearance does not have Zimmerit on it. I tested it, however, and if you pick the Zimmerit upgrade in the tree, the in-game model actually changes to show the Zimmerit paste, which makes the Tiger look much more familiar.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14

I have to agree. That was one of the first things I noticed about it that I didn't care for. Then I actually used it in-game and it just got worse from there.
    BCGaius wrote: »
    It's yellow. Which is (more or less) the correct base color for a German tank after 1942. The reason that might look strange is because German crews famously often applied paint in the field to create camo patterns (which were not standardized until late 1944), and that's what you often see in pictures (or you see them painted grey, which is often incorrect because that was discontinued in 1942). The actual standard, factory-applied paint to German tanks was... yellow.

The other reason the Tiger might look funny in-game is because the default in-game appearance does not have Zimmerit on it. I tested it, however, and if you pick the Zimmerit upgrade in the tree, the in-game model actually changes to show the Zimmerit paste, which makes the Tiger look much more familiar.
    When I applied the zimmerit to the tiger in the beta it was still that ridiculous color only now the tank had zimmmerit on it. The zimmerit didn't add any camo coloring or similar once I added it. I'm sure there will be cosmetic options for the tiger but I wish it started out gray or olive drab or something, rather than this weird yellow color.
  • staryoshi06
    111 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I have to agree. That was one of the first things I noticed about it that I didn't care for. Then I actually used it in-game and it just got worse from there.

When I applied the zimmerit to the tiger in the beta it was still that ridiculous color only now the tank had zimmmerit on it. The zimmerit didn't add any camo coloring or similar once I added it. I'm sure there will be cosmetic options for the tiger but I wish it started out gray or olive drab or something, rather than this weird yellow color.

It likely will.
    I assume they added a couple customisations to each of the vehicles similar to how they added them for the player models. I'm sure the tanks will start off much more barebones on full release.
  • pwnedPewPew
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most part of the beta is a completely disaster and you guys talk about colours?
  • BCGaius
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It is not weird. It is the correct color a Tiger should be.

The Tiger entered service in 1942, around the same time Dunkelgrau (dark grey) factory paint was phased out in favor of Dunkelgelb (dark yellow). Especially given that the Tiger was being put into action in North Africa at the time, precious few Tigers would have ever been painted grey. Almost all of them were yellow.

I'm sure that cosmetic camo skins will be available, but all of the (historical) patterns available will still be yellow underneath, because camo-painted Tigers had their camo applied by crews in the field over top of the standard yellow they came in. This is one thing DICE got surprisingly right: mid- to late-war German tanks are yellow. Trust me, it will make a lot more sense once we get to play on the North Africa and other Mediterranean (Crete?) maps, and you'll be able to paint camo all over them to your heart's content soon enough.
  • TEXls1
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yellow isn’t cool but it is correct for the time period
  • smokintom214
    Most part of the beta is a completely disaster and you guys talk about colours?

Heh, yeah of course! The beta was good. Afew UI bugs but those are easily fixed. Nothing major was really wrong with the beta. Infact, it's taken a huge 180 as far as popularity.
  • smokintom214

It is not weird. It is the correct color a Tiger should be.

The Tiger entered service in 1942, around the same time Dunkelgrau (dark grey) factory paint was phased out in favor of Dunkelgelb (dark yellow). Especially given that the Tiger was being put into action in North Africa at the time, precious few Tigers would have ever been painted grey. Almost all of them were yellow.

I'm sure that cosmetic camo skins will be available, but all of the (historical) patterns available will still be yellow underneath, because camo-painted Tigers had their camo applied by crews in the field over top of the standard yellow they came in. This is one thing DICE got surprisingly right: mid- to late-war German tanks are yellow. Trust me, it will make a lot more sense once we get to play on the North Africa and other Mediterranean (Crete?) maps, and you'll be able to paint camo all over them to your heart's content soon enough.

Yes yes, I know it's an authentic color for the tiger 1 in1942 the link clearly says it.. but it's so plain. No detail and extremely glossy. As an elite heavy tank of WW2, I'd much rather see a battle hardened rugged tiger 1 tank.. that's all
  • smokintom214
    TEXls1 wrote: »
    Yellow isn’t cool but it is correct for the time period

Incorrect, grey would be the correct color. It wouldn't be until a short time after it would be a tan/yellow color..