One thing I think everyone will agree on

13»

Comments

• parkingbrake
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This ain't BF1942 where you could have ship VS sub VS aircraft carrier. This is a much smaller prettier boring version of 1942. There is no more 128-200 player servers. It's supposed to be pretty and small. you know for kids.

Welcome to the new era of boringness. It's all about skins, levels and K/D. Back in the day it was all about immersion, player cap possibilities and just Battlefield. I blame BC. Should have at least gave PC a exclusive version. Bad marketing these guys man.

I haven't read a post with this much trash in a long time.

Amazing.

While not stated the best way, he isn't wrong.

Since gaming went from a niche audience to a casual audience, the focus has changed from game play to shiny graphics and progression. The level playing field in mp games is gone.

I've been hearing this exact complaint for so long it seems like part of the landscape. Everybody who gets into the Battlefield series insists his was the last true BF game, everything that came after is for mere casuals. I guess that means those of us who bought BF1942 get to look down on everyone else, or something. Frankly I have better things to do with my time than bemoan how BF isn't the game it used to be. I had fun in the BFV beta, and while there are things I would like to see changed I'm willing to wait and see how the full release is before making up my mind.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The maps in BF1 and from what we’ve seen in BFV are mainly based upon locations where battles had taken place. Some maps have locations where entrenching had occurred and their positions fortified. But just having a random runway placed on both ends would not fit in.

It’s a good step away from the way a lot of BF4 maps were laid out, such as here’s your base and over there on the other side of the hill you can’t see or get to is the enemy’s base.
  • Hawxxeye
    2046 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 14
    crabman169 wrote: »

Its baffling how people don't understand the most basic of game development.

The polygons just for one map in bf1942 may make up enough for one of the face textures on a playermodel in bfv.

~

@Loqtrall I mean this thread is definition of nostalgia isn't it? Apparently there were no issues pre Bad Company and the games were perfect.

People didn't play the exact same way they do now.

No one was toxic ingame

Its was all rainbows, fog of war, limited sprint and happy clappy

Perhaps then there should be less focus on graphics over everything else in newer titles.
    At this rate in 10 years there will be lifelike realistic maps that cannot be more than 100m across
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

The polygons just for one map in bf1942 may make up enough for one of the face textures on a playermodel in bfv.

~

@Loqtrall I mean this thread is definition of nostalgia isn't it? Apparently there were no issues pre Bad Company and the games were perfect.

No one was toxic ingame

Perhaps then there should be less focus on graphics over everything else in newer titles.

I'm convinced it's basically the only thing DICE is really "good at".

I don't see the problem with nostalgia in this case. I mean BF1942 was far from perfect in a lot of ways. The Nostalgia is provoked to some degree by memories fogged/clouded/confused with those of mods, custom maps, and even other ww2 multiplayer shooters.

Yet I think it's a good thing to recognize/desire the series to return to it's roots in some fashion, to cast away a lot of the stuff that was thrown out with the bath-water, or removed because idiots kept crashing into buildings on takeoff. I also think this attitude of "hopelessness" is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    Bring back home bases with runways!

How simple would this b to do.. and how much would it make battlefield feel like... battlefield again!

I'll go one step further. Bring back the ability to capture enemy bases like in BC1 and when one team captures all flags that team wins. This was so much better especially when joining a game late, Team is getting hammered and leading them back to victory.

YES!

Being able to capture main bases (it is in select maps, though, and some maps in Bf '42 nad Bf 2 have uncaps) is something that gave classic Battlefield rounds a huge edge and a feeling of importance to the game. And capturing all bases is the only way to fully win a round, and the absence of being able to capture all flags in modern Battlefields means that there is no way to fully win a round - each round in a modern Battlefield game is merely a win by attrition, and not by conquest. Therefore, the Conquest game-mode labelling in modern Battlefield is false advertising and is an example of DICE's casualization of the Battlefield series. There is no true Conquest in modern Battlefield, only the attrition mode which is being falsely called Conquest.

You might want to find a synonym for casual, any time I read that in a post I just stop. To me it says pro player wants game tailored to extend his egofest, nothing more.

Because you've surrogated the meaning of a word with an ad hominem sentiment, I should look for a synonym of the word? No, you should instead practice to control your emotional reactions and read objectively.

If you can't read a basic and accurately-used word as it is intended, that is on you and not on my. But, not being able to do so makes you ineligible for conversation, since you say you shut everything out after becoming triggered by a practical word.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BetaFief wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

~

No one was toxic ingame

I'm convinced it's basically the only thing DICE is really "good at".

In modern Battlefields, year, I don't want to believe that, but it keeps looking like that is the case. The only way DICE seems to know to design is downwards, reducing gameplay detail, compexity, and inter-activity, reducing possibilities, reducing skill requirements, reducing the satisfaction of the game, reducing the dynamics, reducing the value, the meaning, the purpose, the point of each individual game round.
  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    yep, i love bombing runways where people were waiting to get a plane, easy cheap kills that way.

Hahaha yup!
  • crabman169
    12285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm gonna say it because it needs to be said.

Taking about mursion blahblahblah yet you want an airfield to be on the frontlines. Think about that for a second.

Bf4 only has two/three maps (all remastered bf3 maps) that you actually have a physical airfield to take off from. Every other map has you spawning in the air.

I honestly don't get the problem. airbases was loaded with issues such a trolling from teammates, waiting for a plane only to have it taken out from under you, enemy stealing or killing you on spawn.
    Is spawning in the air (as if you just got control of the pilot has he entered the combat zone) really that much of an issue/mursion breaker? (Considering you just respawn...)

People talk about hating down time yet want to take 3 hours to walk to any objective or from take off reach the combat zone.

• xXCA_RageXx
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 15
    I'm gonna say it because it needs to be said.

Taking about mursion blahblahblah yet you want an airfield to be on the frontlines. Think about that for a second.

Bf4 only has two/three maps (all remastered bf3 maps) that you actually have a physical airfield to take off from. Every other map has you spawning in the air.

I honestly don't get the problem. airbases was loaded with issues such a trolling from teammates, waiting for a plane only to have it taken out from under you, enemy stealing or killing you on spawn.
    Is spawning in the air (as if you just got control of the pilot has he entered the combat zone) really that much of an issue/mursion breaker? (Considering you just respawn...)

People talk about hating down time yet want to take 3 hours to walk to any objective or from take off reach the combat zone.

Atleast with the new system, if you dont get in one you can just spawn wherever you want. I just find it funny that people think taking off a runway really changed much.