BFV has way too much aim assist

Comments

• TSARGA
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    I think they have to be careful here. Not "everyone" wants it gone (I know you were making a generalization). You have to remember that BF is a casual game. And that auto rotation isn't new to the BF series. The casual gamer needs to be considered in this discussion as they are going to shoulder the burden of the micro-transaction funded future content. If you alienate them by making the game more hardcore they may lose interest and go somewhere else. That would be fine from a "game play" angle to us more dedicated fans who want to go against good players that are devoted to the game but we alone won't be able to fund the future DLC content through our micro-transaction purchases. We need the casual gamer.

I believe most casuals don't know that they want it gone, as they can only picture themselves aiming worse without aim assist, but they forget that it's going to affect their opponents too.
  • TSARGA
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Autorotor wrote: »
    faponit wrote: »
    Auto rotation will not be present in retail game

That would be awesome. Scrubs around the world will scream in agony lol.

...or they're going to learn how to aim.
  • Autorotor
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TSARGA wrote: »

...or they're going to learn how to aim.

Yes offcourse, that's my main point.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'll just reiterate what some has said already the "snap to target" i.e auto rotation is being removed, the "tracking effect" i.e slowdown is going to be tweaked and it really needs it as that was op in the beta test.

Regarding the mnk comments, the amount of mnk users on console are pretty low and saying that some form of aim assist is required to combat these players is no reason for auto rotation to stay. This comment is not aimed at anyone just an opinion of mine.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Keep calm. As I saw it the slowdown in BFV is way too strong compared to BF1 one. And I think, as I experienced that they embedded some aim assist characteristics into slowdown one. So even they advertise as being removed, the same bs will remain, just in another form.

My 2 cents
  • Losdai1989
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Deberían quitar tambien el auto aputando, yo creo que a dia de hoy los FPS competitivos no necesitan de auto apuntado en las consolas.
  • Autorotor
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Keep calm. As I saw it the slowdown in BFV is way too strong compared to BF1 one. And I think, as I experienced that they embedded some aim assist characteristics into slowdown one. So even they advertise as being removed, the same bs will remain, just in another form.

My 2 cents

They also said that slowdown will be tweeked in the final release so who knows, maby we don't need to use a controller at all in november, just push play and let the bot do its thing. Coming from DICE and all..

Gotta cater those millenials u know.

For the record, i'm calm.
  • Autorotor
    Losdai1989 wrote: »
    Deberían quitar tambien el auto aputando, yo creo que a dia de hoy los FPS competitivos no necesitan de auto apuntado en las consolas.

Yes, no! Or both i'm not sure, the aputando bit makes me really confused sorry.
  • Shadders_X
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    For those who cannot speak Spanish :

"They should also remove the car by aiming, I think that today's competitive FPS do not need a car aimed at consoles"

Car should be auto - so auto aim ????

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • TSARGA
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    For those who cannot speak Spanish :

"They should also remove the car by aiming, I think that today's competitive FPS do not need a car aimed at consoles"

Car should be auto - so auto aim ????

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

I think "auto" means "automatic" rather than "car" in the context of a thread about aim assist lol

So yeah, he says that competitive FPS titles shouldn't have auto aim.
  • ackers75
    956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    Simply means Kb/m users have even more of an advantage.
    No issue with the silly auto rotation being turned off but while your at it surely you have to disable the ability to use kb/m adapters now!
  • TSARGA
    edited September 15
    Endek66 wrote: »
    Why not just add a On Off option, then if people want to play either way they can.

Maybe give the players who don't want aim assist their own server so they can compete against each other.

Any how, I enjoyed the Beta.

Bye for now and have fun out there.

Yes there's something like that in all Battlefields since 4, but then the servers are "custom" and it's difficult to fill them because they're ignored by the quick match function from what I remember...
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    No issue with the silly auto rotation being turned off but while your at it surely you have to disable the ability to use kb/m adapters now!

Actually no it doesn't, without it you will get better aim yourself and will be better able to do a lot better vs them (those who use kb/m). The whole disabling kb/m on console has been talked to death on here many times, but to summerise, it isn't possible to detect a XIM, the console thinks a controller is connected.
  • ackers75
    956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Actually no it doesn't, without it you will get better aim yourself and will be better able to do a lot better vs them (those who use kb/m). The whole disabling kb/m on console has been talked to death on here many times, but to summerise, it isn't possible to detect a XIM, the console thinks a controller is connected.
    Microsoft has said numerous times that developers have the tools available to disable kb/m input conversion devices.

• TSARGA
    Krynnost wrote: »
    Aim assist is something for offline play. It has no place in online multiplayer.

Yep, some games even have additional aim assist that can be enabled only in PVE.
  • makesnosense
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    just make it possible for players who want to not play with or against aim assist to do so via official "aim assist off" servers or
    "aim assist off" mode kind of like bf1's "back to basic"
  • SMK_GAMING_2

Microsoft has said numerous times that developers have the tools available to disable kb/m input conversion devices.

And they are lying, its that simple. Blizzard one of the biggest game developers who are against kb/m they have openly acknowledged that, they have tried and failed to detect a XIM. Something like a Cronus could probably be blocked but a XIM is completely different. Microsoft are trying to shift the blame away from themselves onto the developers. They are even going into a partnership with Razer to develop an official mouse and keyboard for Xbox lol
  • TSARGA
    just make it possible for players who want to not play with or against aim assist to do so via official "aim assist off" servers or
    "aim assist off" mode kind of like bf1's "back to basic"

I feel like that would split the playerbase :/
  • Shadders_X
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    It may be possible to detect mouse movement since its speed of movement and accuracy is high, when compared to a joystick.

It may be possible to low pass filter the incoming cursor movement data stream to restrict the speed of the mouse to be comparable to the joystick, or high pass the incoming cursor movement data stream to detect a mouse coupled with an accuracy indicator, and null the use.

Using a digital technique to detect the connected device will always fail, as you can always spoof it - even with digitally signed codes etc., will always be hacked.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.