Fool proof way of encouraging teamplay!

mav_smileyface
891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 14
Have an open mind

You’ve got two types of player, squad player & solo player.

On CQ make squads dynamic meaning that as you run around the map you squad up with players you find yourself predominantly following, whilst you are dynamically squaded up and as long as you maintain the squad by traversing together, you receive more points for kills, revives & ammo! Because let’s face it.. how many times to pre determined squads actually stick together?

introduce a format requiring a minimum of 3 players needed to initiate a flag capture.

What will happen is and it’ll take a while.. you’ll have massively lop sided matches for a while until every soloist realises that the only way to win is by at least moving around the map with two other players!

Sure soloists can still blitz in between flags.. but if they want them ego boosting point and wins, they’ll learn to naturally tag on to a group to cap flags!

This will also encourage quite epic squad battles throughout the map and of course on flags.

Radical idea.. what you guys think?

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there already plenty of incentives to work as a squad. People just need to either learn to adapt or lose.
  • mav_smileyface
    I think there already plenty of incentives to work as a squad. People just need to either learn to adapt or lose.

Yeah man I totally agree! But I’m not sure they’re tough enough I mean I like to solo as much as the next **** bag but all in all squad play gives the game that added extra!
  • xXCA_RageXx
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah man I totally agree! But I’m not sure they’re tough enough I mean I like to solo as much as the next **** bag but all in all squad play gives the game that added extra!

Ya i've been a pretty big rambo player most of my battlefield career. Not that I don't play as a team or go for objective but to me the squads I joined were mainly spawnpoints to me. I only really became a big squad player when my friend group would play, which was alot back in the day. In BF5 I already see myself moving and working with random squads alot more than I used to, which I havnt really done since BF2.
  • mav_smileyface
    I also have found myself moving more in squads in BFV where as BF1 I played mostly solo but that’s what the game promoted! My 1400 spm reflected that until I ruined it recently by going back to BF1 😂
  • xXCA_RageXx
    I also have found myself moving more in squads in BFV where as BF1 I played mostly solo but that’s what the game promoted! My 1400 spm reflected that until I ruined it recently by going back to BF1 😂

I was a one man deathsquad running around with a SMLE sniper and 1911 pistol, it was kinda of ridiculous.
  • mav_smileyface
    Well fingers crossed BFV caters more to squadplay BUT if we want to play solo we can still do it effectively

I deffo think a 3 man min cap is the way forward!
  • xXCA_RageXx
    I think if a person solo is able to kill and defend while capping they should be able to take a point on their own.
  • mav_smileyface
    I think if a person solo is able to kill and defend while capping they should be able to take a point on their own.

Well.. I disagree this time round BFV is supposed to be promoting team play, removing the ability of a 1 man cap will massively improve this

• xXCA_RageXx

Well.. I disagree this time round BFV is supposed to be promoting team play, removing the ability of a 1 man cap will massively improve this

Maybe make it significantly slower, until you get 3 people.
  • trip1ex
    3538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    i find most players don't care about winning.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

hmm.. so how do you fix this? I mean I can basically think of several ways, but I'd love to hear your take.
  • J1M_13
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Good idea IMO.

Dynamic could be a squad setting alongside public, private, friends only.
  • Skill4Reel
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    *sigh* Just make a ranked area of the game for platoons so that squads/platoons can play together and compete against other like minded players. This way the whining solo players that for some reason can't understand that their lack of teamwork, or the ability to focus on objectives is the reason why they are constantly getting stomped. They can all stay out of ranked and keep playing objective game modes the way that they want without affecting those of us that actually enjoy team play and trying to win.

Why are team players forced to be on crappy teams with people that have no desire to play as a team and win? I am tired of the developers trying to create some balance system around this when what I've described is the reason why team balancing the way that they have been trying to do it for several games now never works.
  • mav_smileyface
    J1M_13 wrote: »
    Good idea IMO.

Dynamic could be a squad setting alongside public, private, friends only.

Yeah man that way players can run through the map tagging up whoever happens to be in that area with them, one squaded the longer they stay together the more points they receive! And of course along side locked squads
  • trip1ex
    3538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BetaFief wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »

hmm.. so how do you fix this? I mean I can basically think of several ways, but I'd love to hear your take.

hook them up to some electrodes and give me the button.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nothing is going to promote team play if the individual players don’t want it. Getting a team to have any sort rhythm is almost impossible. See below:

Conquest is like herding cats.

Operations is like herding cats down a hallway.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Like what? Dice gives players points as an incentive. And that does not work, for whatever reason. It didn't work in previous BF games and it's not going to work in BFV. Once I get in my tank and I'm not playing the game exactly how YOU think I should be playing it, instead of helping me you're going blow up the nearest ammo depot. And by "you" I don't necessarily mean the person I'm responding to here.
  • von_Campenstein
    5714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Give the squadlead a counter where he can see who uses what gadget and how often to what effect, then he can opt to kick deadbeat members based on actual facts not guesses on what people are and aren't doing.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    Like what? Dice gives players points as an incentive. And that does not work, for whatever reason. It didn't work in previous BF games and it's not going to work in BFV. Once I get in my tank and I'm not playing the game exactly how YOU think I should be playing it, instead of helping me you're going blow up the nearest ammo depot. And by "you" I don't necessarily mean the person I'm responding to here.

Ammo and health restrictions and the new revive mechanic are already a reason to stick with your squad. As a lone wolf type I have already seen myself and plenty others sticking with their squads much more than any recent battlefields.
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 14
    Give the squadlead a counter where he can see who uses what gadget and how often to what effect, then he can opt to kick deadbeat members based on actual facts not guesses on what people are and aren't doing.

But what to do about deadbeat Squadleaders? If they just keep an “Order” going, you can’t unseat them.

But in the end it doesn’t really matter. BFV is just a game designed for entertainment. I think you’re looking to far into what you expect from a game that is designed where you can just hop in and burn some time and have some fun. Just do what you can to help your squad/team and let the rest roll of your shoulders and have fun.