Planes are useless in bfV - PLEASE READ - constructive feedback

13»

Comments

• ackers75
    956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In other words I can’t go on 120-0 kill streak like I could on bf1!
  • staRS-SirBob
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    You have 1 kill with planes ??
  • TheSacar
    487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

Oh goody, plane-phobia shows its ugly face again.
    @TheSacar wrote
    This just came to me as an afterthought: What if the bombs in all the non-bomber plane variants (including the Stuka B1) were the very last unlock? That would force people to actually become a half decent pilot first to earn XP by shooting down other planes and strafing ground troops before they can really put the hurt on ground forces?
    I'm ok with that. But the Stuka B1 is no match for the spitfire VB model, so I think it would be hard to dogfight especially if they improve speed and maneuverability for fighters. Unless you mean that the Stuka still have the first set of bombs.

Granted there is some further balancing necessary. I was just thinking, that if oyu make it a little harder to be really effective against ground targets (even just blindly bombing objectives) you might see a little less plane-hatred. Plus I would really enjoy if there were a proper learning curve to piloting effectively.
  • biotek7
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please no bombs on smaller planes. BF1 was overkill on the amount of Air to Ground weapons.
    Bombers are literally designed for ground attacks and should be the primary method of engaging tanks and infantry, in my opinion. It might be okay to have a half way decent gun on a medium plane chassis but preferably not something super easy to get kills with. And the small, fast planes should really be restricted to fighting other aircraft.

I did notice more deaths to aircraft during the open beta. Try to team up with one or more recon players and coordinate spotting with bombing runs.
  • TheSacar
    487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    biotek7 wrote: »
    Please no bombs on smaller planes. BF1 was overkill on the amount of Air to Ground weapons.
    Bombers are literally designed for ground attacks and should be the primary method of engaging tanks and infantry, in my opinion. It might be okay to have a half way decent gun on a medium plane chassis but preferably not something super easy to get kills with. And the small, fast planes should really be restricted to fighting other aircraft.

I did notice more deaths to aircraft during the open beta. Try to team up with one or more recon players and coordinate spotting with bombing runs.

If you force fighter planes to be "anti-airplane" only, no one will fly them. There are only two airplanes on each team and you will end up not having anything to do while you wait for the enemy to respawn. And the smaller planes do have bombs already: The Stuka B1 from the start and the spitfire and BF109 as unlocks. Battlefield is a combined arms game, in which planes, tanks and infantry all take part in the same battle. Whats the point of having a seperate fighter-on-fighter batte that adds nothing to the team effort?
    Also: What does it matter to an infantryman by what plane he gets bombed?
  • biotek7
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fair enough but it forces a choice of vehicle. If they want to be good at engaging infantry then they have to pick the plane for that job. They should't all be good at everything like BF1.
  • TheSacar
    Fair enough but it forces a choice of vehicle. If they want to be good at engaging infantry then they have to pick the plane for that job. They should't all be good at everything like BF1.

They shouldn't be equally good at each role, no. But just as bombers should be able to fend off attacking fighters, fighters with no other planes to attack should be able to have some ground impact. It shouldn't be easy for a bomber to kill other planes (why does the Blenheim pilot have a front MG?) and it shouldn't be easy for a BF109 to score multikills on the ground. Take BF1 figters with rocket pods. They are exceptionally good at taking down enemy planes including the very tanky heavy bomber, but getting more than a single kill per pass with those rockets on a ground target is pretty hard.
  • staRS-SirBob
    2129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 14
    I do agree, but if you can't get kills with the fighter pilots will choose the bombers.
    That's why we mostly see the GS AP in BF1.
    I always thought that planes should be fixed with 1 fighter and 1 bomber on each side. Like in BF4.
    To make sure we don't get 4 bombers farming infantry.
  • MacaqueX
    626 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 14
    Pilots are always OP when they don't have good competition in air against them. Nobody uses stationary AA and if good pilot is alone and just shoot enemy infantry it will always be bad and look to OP, but that is not pilots fault.
    I would not punish good pilots i would just make bombers less effective bc anyone can carpet bomb with zero skill if there is no competition in air.
    Bf1 carpet bombing with incendiary ruined operations for me, bf1 had most op planes in history of bf games.
    Let good pilots be menace with front cannons, maybe increase minimum speed bc now even i can shoot infantry on ground and i was never good at flying it is to slow and i have so much time to aim, but make them more agile with better handling.
    Give tanks more options against Air or make some light tanks into moving AA, it is not realistic but for balancing, also make attack planes more effective against tanks and light tanks instead against infantry.
    They should make careful balancing it would be bad to punish good pilots, but also it could be bad that they can farm infantry with easy carpet bombing.
  • ThePro_PR
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 14
    Planes are perfectly fine damage wise atm,i have managed to get numerous triple/quad kills doing bombing runs with the brits Blenheim as well as both stuka's

Quad kills? You noob j/k ;) :p

• staRS-SirBob
    edited September 14
    @SucqMacaqueX wrote
    Pilots are always OP when they don't have good competition in air against them
    This is actually the main problem. Up to BF3 there were a lot of good pilots and you had to be be sharp in the air. In BF4 it went down hill and in BF1 the majority can't fly or do not want to learn how to fly. I hope we will se more good pilots in BFV.
  • biotek7
    I do agree, but if you can't get kills with the fighter pilots will choose the bombers.
    That's why we mostly see the GS AP in BF1.
    I always thought that planes should be fixed with 1 fighter and 1 bomber on each side. Like in BF4.
    To make sure we don't get 4 bombers farming infantry.

I agree with the fixed vehicle spawns. They can balance the maps a lot better if they can plan for specific numbers of specific vehicles. They could still make them available only on the spawn screen and retain the pilot/tanker classes.