Too Many Snipers

Comments

• MRBROWN33
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    For the Narvik map - because there was minimal cover (all buildings destroyed), and no kill cam, and approaching the hillside was so open, you could not get near the snipers (i tried a few times) and no where to hide.

If you do not know where the snipers are, how can you know which cover is the best one ? (flag C on Rotterdam as an example).

It would have been better if the map design (Narvik) had rocks to allow you to sneak around the hills - but it was so open, and so was the destroyed town, that this is what made the snipers paradise.

For Rotterdam - if you do not know where the cover is since it relies upon you knowing where the sniper is - then how do you know what is cover ???

In saying that, not bothered about spotting - can work without it, as long as you can see the enemy......

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

At he beginning you will certainly get shot more often. But you learn, get to know the typical sniper hideouts, clear them or put cover between them and you. I like having to adapt.
    When flying in BF1 at first I was always shot down by the AA. But then I learned their positions on the map as well as their blind angles, and I watched how the map progressed, what flags were contested, where an enemy was likely to be and I used that knowledge to my advantage. Now I rarely get shot down by AA. And It is so much more rewarding when you survive because you learned or got better, than if you survive because someone changed the circumstances for you.

Little off topic but, I really like how the planes Handel on BFV. Not yet got into a dog fight though, but should be good as there isn’t any rockets or over powered AA. I have tried the bomber class and all though it’s a grind to get the bombs for it, should be well worth it in the end. I also like the fact that the AA(flak) gun isn’t too over powering, but does just enough damage to put the bomber/planes off course.
  • marcanthony421
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol ohk sniper kills? Yea theyre called headshots. Also do we all forget a stg on single fire can out snipe a sniper
  • JimbobYo
    5 postsMember, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i got a better idea, stop trying to craft a game to your liking and git good. sniper it not OP not by any stretch,I don't play sniper for any other reason Then I'v been playing sniper in EVERYGAME i'v ever played from Bf-1942 on up and other games as well from Medal off honor - cod - tom clancy games. since early 80s 90s etc. no matter what settings the guns have. i will still be able to pick pretty much ANYONE off. it called learning how to Lead and Judge distance via a reticule. Ill bust ya head open with a any gun for that matter.
  • Hawxxeye
    1595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    This is BF1 footage but I would like to point out how much of an easy target I was while standing still and rifling at campers and how none of the several scouts even considered using k-bullets to bypass the horse armor and ohk headshot me.

Most of these distant camping shooters are by no means OP users and powergamers (these are the M16a3/AEK/Automatico/thromson/STG supersoldiers), they are just regular joes who like that playstyle and/or do not feel confident to risk getting closer.

You could probably get a lot of these people closer if you make them unable to use mid and high power optics, but in that case... will they still play?
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    I can fight the op stg. I have a chance at outplaying the stg assault user. I have no counter play against these snipers. I cant stand still for more than a moment before getting my head torn from my body. I cant hunt them afterwards or tell my squad where they are. I can't surpress them with my lmg with a low magnification scope because surpression isnt a thing. It's just ridiculous. Reminds me of the bush wookies of bad company 2. Except in hardcore mode.

Big BS i killed Snipers at 100 Meter distance with SMGs. Maybe you should try to get good and Not crying every Battlefield for a Sniper Nerf.

But the Spray n pray noobs will Always complain. If it is Not about Snipers it will be over Supports because they have a bigger Magazin.

It was never so easy to get kills at distance with Assault rifles and smgs. Like in BFV. They should finally at recoil to that noob classes.

Sniper main confirmed. Biased/elitist opinion.

I suggest upping the body shot damage to 75-85 while adding scope glare to medium magnification rifle scopes. Reducing headshot hitbox size, and slowing down the bullet velocity.

Its already been confirmed that on release that everyone will have more starting ammunition so that will no longer be a limiting factor for snipers.

Snipers will get a reduction in effectiveness eventually. I just hope its before release so i dont have to deal with it till the first big balance patch.

Oh yeah absolutely! Lol

In every Bf the Sniper class was my Last used class except for BF1. But thats because i bought a WW1 Shooter and i wanted WW1 Feeling. Same counts for a WW2 Game. I want Bolt Action rifles with Iron sights. I hate scopes and Attachments. I don't need that noob stuff to play good.

If BFV would be Vietnam or modern setting i wouldn't even Play the Sniper class that much.

Maybe you Take the K98k with Iron sights and ptfo. Lets See how easy it is. First Match i expect 50-5 k/d with becoming MVP. Mr Pro Skill
  • SergeantGekko
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't understand the talk about some guns are too OP. Guns are diffent. I didn't notice that I got killed too often by STG44, snipers maybe yes, but you can always just use smoke.
    What I hate is that own team snipers are so useless and they won't do any good for the team. Some good snipers play sniper as offensive style and they participate taking out the flags.

Also about STG, I didn't use it after the beginning but I didn't see any issue to kill stg people with M1A1 carbine or LMG's. It's more about how you move on the battlefield. Although I think STG shouldn't be first weapon because it was kinda rare thing in WWII. It's very technical and modern weapon and AK47 is also based on this weapon, if I remember correctly.

I personally would like to see some kind of restriction to sniper class, but only because 95% of your own team campers are just useless when it comes to squad co-operation and winning the game. But I think that bolt action rifles should be more powerful and head hitbox smaller and this comes also to other weapons as well. I think I got constant headshot with just hipfiring LMG towards enemy.

Also I still don't think that there should be old 3D spotting, but the existing spotting system should last a bit longer on the HUD, and maybe own squad spotting should be in a different color, this especially the time of spotting mark should make it easier to see where e.g. sniper fire is coming.
  • MRBROWN33 wrote: »
    Love the game, but something needs to be done with the sniper class.

At the moment it seems that everyone wants to play as a sniper for good reason. Be a sniper get loads of kills. I know that the majority of players (snipers) are going to disagree with this but as the game stands at the moment there are far to many people playing as an sniper. With the aim assist and a one shot kill its understandable why. I miss the time when I played BF and could get into a good fire fight, but now 99% of the time I get killed by a sniper with one shot and it’s killing the fun of the game. I think the best way to stop maps being completely dominated by sniper class is to have one per squad. Another problem I’m finding is the one shot kill. People running around with a sniper rifle with no scope is just getting silly. Why does it take 10 bullets to kill a sniper when they can kill you with one shot?? All sniper rifles should come with a scope that can’t be taken off and a delay to bring the scope up to the face to stop the quick scopeing and absolutely no aim assist.

What game were you playing?

Snipers getting loads of kills? what? I died a lot from random snipers, but when I went to check their score and KD, they were always bottom half in both categories.

Medics and assaults were the killing classes.

DICE, all you have to do to check the balancedness of classes is to read the leaderboards. That will tell you what classes are REALLY effective at the game.

I agree their were too many snipers. Not because they were good, but because they're bad teammates with a class bad at objective play (besides being a spawn point)

With the supply stations in the beta, everyone should have played every other class and spammed their gadgets more than the other team doing the same thing.

• Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Most people who snipe are not doing that because it is OP (which is not) it is because they feel safe being far away from all the STG lasers.

this.
  • Radious1987
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When 5 games in row are from 64 players 30-35 snipers then something is obviously very wrong.
  • bran1986
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    According to data gathered by DICE. 46% of players on Narvik were scouts. Followed by assault, medic, and support.
  • Hawxxeye
    1595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 14
    bran1986 wrote: »
    According to data gathered by DICE. 46% of players on Narvik were scouts. Followed by assault, medic, and support.
    Now watch as they will draw the wrong conclusions from that data nerf the rifles on close to mid range even more.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Now watch as they will draw the wrong conclusions from that data nerf the rifles on close to mid range even more.

One thing rarely gets to talked about is that sniping has certain social status amongst sniper community in FPS games where dedicated sniping is praised playstyle to the point it becomes "gaming lifestyle" (in lack of better term). They only care about sniping and in case of Battlefield not the tools for reconnaissance there's available for example (one key part of gameplay in BFV with limited active spotting).
  • Hawxxeye

One thing rarely gets to talked about is that sniping has certain social status amongst sniper community in FPS games where dedicated sniping is praised playstyle to the point it becomes "gaming lifestyle" (in lack of better term). They only care about sniping and in case of Battlefield not the tools for reconnaissance there's available for example (one key part of gameplay in BFV with limited active spotting).
    I do not think that I have ever heard of long range snipers being the object of praise no matter how good they play, only the aggressive snipers like Stodeh get admired for dominating in spite of having a handicap (the worst weapon type for close range).

Personally in terms of scouts/recons I am the Inspector Gadget type who probably went from level 8 to 10 on the recon in the beta mostly from flare assists. A close range primary weapon would make me so happy
  • Shadders_X
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    When 5 games in row are from 64 players 30-35 snipers then something is obviously very wrong.
    Hi,
    Yes, of course, DICE will be listening to the complaints and will introduce a mechanism to stop such situations.

I mean, they always listen to the CUSTOMERS every facking time. Don't they.

In essence, we all know what is going to happen. They're gonna f*ck up.

https://me.me/i/this-time-i-wont-screw-up-i-wont-i-wont-2248393

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • TheSacar
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I do not think that I have ever heard of long range snipers being the object of praise no matter how good they play, only the aggressive snipers like Stodeh get admired for dominating in spite of having a handicap (the worst weapon type for close range).

Personally in terms of scouts/recons I am the Inspector Gadget type who probably went from level 8 to 10 on the recon in the beta mostly from flare assists. A close range primary weapon would make me so happy

I agree. If any dedicated snipers get praise it is those few who play the objectives, are not afraid to go one-on-one with an automatico or LMG and get out on top of that encounter most of the time. Ironically it is also these snipers who are most often declared to be cheaters by those whom they beat in the game.

• Foot_Guard_Tomei
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Maybe they have marksmanship community somewhere hidden on Internet, lol. There are players uploading their longest headshots on YouTube for example. I think there's not same level of praising/popularity/noticing for long range sniping by popular YouTubers but it's still a thing which interests players.

Whenever I play recon/scout it's constant spot-spot-spot-spot-spot flare-spot-spot and shooting in between. If players would use spot button and flares/binoculars in BF1 ~ whole enemy team would be highlighted majority of the time. I am waiting for paratrooper combat role to be part of recon. I miss close range recon from BF4.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Class restrictions (?)
  • DingoKillr
    2720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Wrong, it said that was players going OOB. Not players on the map.
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »

Class restrictions (?)

Then i want restrictictions for all classes.
  • DRGoodfellow
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I sniped for 2 reasons and I usually never snipe in any games
    1. Game is not great for low end PC's/Laptops - It ran ok on my system which only has a 850m but it got jittery in CQB quite alot, sniping or using long range weapons stopped this sadly i meant i couldnt' be the usually Die Try medic.
    2. The game invites sniping due to what seems like no actual spotting system or a very poor type at the moment, If there was any glint from the scope I never saw it and the more vital thing was as i saw in rotterdam map was E and A being easily snipable from your main spawn, along with the numerous buildings you can camp in for ages. It simply invites you to snipe and get a good K/D ratio

Number 2 is why i think their current ammo system is great - Snipers eventually have to come out of hiding