Make Semi-Auto Rifles Universal Weapons

2»

Comments

• clouseau2112
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Feels like they got the Assault & Medic classes switched. Bolt actions/SLR's should be Medic class, and Assault SMG's.
  • Foxfort
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 12
    Oh God no, we had enough of the DMR spam and "sniping supports with unlimited ammo" in BF4. I'd rather they make SMGs all class again.

It's a WW2 game, sooo, BF4 is modern with automatic weapons. You can't have the same thing in WW2. I mean you can, but what's the point of ww2 game. BF1 was destroyed with automatic weapons everywhere.
  • parkingbrake
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JubDubTV wrote: »
    Nope. The Semi Auto are too strong right now. It should take 4 hits to kill not 2 or 1. Less of those guns the better then game.

Well it's technically a DMR in this case. Head shot is always a insta kill and should remain so. And btw I think you're making that up. It's always 3-4 shots to the body and I used the Gewehr 43 the whole beta. It was never a 1-2 on the body. Only a 1 on a head shot.

On the OP, no they should stay with one class only. Stop homogenizing the game. Not everyone gets the same toys.

"Stop homogenizing the game"--this should be printed on the wall at DICE. I hate it when they "balance" the weapons to tone down their individual characteristics so they end up working much the same, and when they meld the classes until there seems little point in having different classes. Some guy above complains that he hates playing with an SMG because then he's vulnerable to medium-long range weapons. Well duh, that's the point, you make a choice and go with it, you work within the limitations of your class and your loadout. One weapon that does everything in every situation and ends up being used by everyone amounts to a game-breaking item that is going to be nerfed once the devs figure out that everyone is using it all the time.
  • WerepyreND
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Please no all kit anything.

All Class weapons are horrible and run counter to everything BF is about.

I don't mind classes having access to multiple types of weapons like the Supports LMG/Shotgun or things along those lines, but it should never be a primary weapon type that can be used on all classes.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 12
    WerepyreND wrote: »

I don't mind classes having access to multiple types of weapons like the Supports LMG/Shotgun or things along those lines, but it should never be a primary weapon type that can be used on all classes.

Technically pistols are already an all-class weapon. Also BF4, BF3, etc. already have all-class primary weapons and your forum profile says you only own BF3/BF4, so i don't see the problem.
  • sdavis89
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All classes should have bolt action (iron sights only) and faction specific to start with. It's authentic and doesn't give any advantage to any class. More challenging if anything.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Technically pistols are already an all-class weapon. Also BF4, BF3, etc. already have all-class primary weapons and your forum profile says you only own BF3/BF4, so i don't see the problem.

I mean BF1 tried to have "class specific weapons" and ended up basically giving everyone access to everything in some form or another (or at least gave the medic access to everything).
    sdavis89 wrote: »
    All classes should have bolt action (iron sights only) and faction specific to start with. It's authentic and doesn't give any advantage to any class. More challenging if anything.

As Much as I'd like this I'm not sure it would work all that well with the 4-class system that would still likely be in place.. Would love to see it regardless though, wish BF would stop allowing people to put scopes on everything because that does more to destroy the role of the "sniper" than the weapons themselves.

There's just too few classes IMO, it means everyone has to be a swiss army knife when it comes to weapons and that kind of destroys a lot of the attempts at balancing via "unique" weapon-types-per-class.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sdavis89 wrote: »

I'm not sure about this, it might encourage to much hillhumping even without scopes.

Perhaps DICE could rebalance the Lee Enfield rifle to do 90 bodyshot damage within 40 meters and have it lineally fall off to a minimum of 46 damage at 70 meters. Headshots would remain a 1hk at all distances. The bullet drop should be increased a bit and the bullet velocity reduced to 500m/s to discourage long-distance sniping. With these changes the weapon could be used as a close to mid range all-class weapon. Although this should be the only all-class bolt-action weapon, because scouts are supposed to be the Primary users of bolt-action rifles.
  • staryoshi06
    201 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jsebastian wrote: »
    Definitely need some all-class weapons. SMGs, semi-autos, whatever. If I have to run a Recon player with a damn sniper rifle all the time again, I will be upset.

There will be other recon combat roles without sniper rifles.
  • WerepyreND
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

That's the reason I specified "primary" genius, not that I would mind Hardline's system with regards to secondaries either. And just because I played those games doesn't mean I didn't have serious issues with them. The weapons each class have access to are key parts of balancing each class and encouraging cooperation.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    edited September 13
    Definitely need some all-class weapons. SMGs, semi-autos, whatever. If I have to run a Recon player with a damn sniper rifle all the time again, I will be upset.

I thought DICE scrapped the achetype system that allowed different weapon types based on combat role.
  • biotek7
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I thought DICE scrapped the achetype system that allowed different weapon types based on combat role.

I'll be sad if they did. The interface still implies that they exist, they just didn't have any during the beta.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    edited September 14
    biotek7 wrote: »

I'll be sad if they did. The interface still implies that they exist, they just didn't have any during the beta.

I think they're still in their to some degree, but they no longer affect weapon choice, they just affect gadget choice and give passive abilities, like how supports engineer role could build fortifications faster then other classes. DICE could well change the combat role system again before launch though.
  • biotek7
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    biotek7 wrote: »

I think they're still in their to some degree, but they no longer affect weapon choice, they just affect gadget choice and give passive abilities, like how supports engineer role could build fortifications faster then other classes. DICE could well change the combat role system again before launch though.

I found the post where they talked about removing archetypes and using roles instead. Half the point, to me, was getting different weapon options. But maybe they will be more flexible with weapon options for the classes overall. One can hope...
  • Noodlesocks
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nah, just make SIR standard.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No more all class weapons. Each class has a role...no need for a all class weapon to take them out of it.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    No more all class weapons. Each class has a role...no need for a all class weapon to take them out of it.

they'd better add more classes or have just 1 kind of map then... because we all know how classes/weapons in BF1 were distributed.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE should free themselves from four class thinking and go full fantasy with combat roles by making them very different from loadouts (asymmetric structure and attributes).