BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Jaskaman
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do like how it shows people ping in the server now tho that’s a great addition it will make it easy for server admins to kick people with bad internet

Yes, we are just waiting for the servers to admin :)
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do like how it shows people ping in the server now tho that’s a great addition it will make it easy for server admins to kick people with bad internet

But there will be no private servers at launch and we do not know when. You have been able to kick high pingers in BF1 for some time, this is nothing new.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LumoColor wrote: »
    They are quite happy for BFV to be played on servers that are overloaded, full of high pingers running at a high tick rate for most of the game.
    If anybody playing the beta did not notice how laggy the games were and turned netgraph on, here are the videos & tweets where I reported the issue.

Every server was like this, I have most of the games II tried to play on the beta recorded with netgraph on, all have the same issue, high tick and server performance warning traffic lights flashing on/off most of the time.

Official response, play on XBOX the servers they don't lag.

I played bf1 on ps4, quit mostly because of all the high ping players. I think most people don't even notice.
    There were many, many times I'd jump into a East US server to find 30-40 players with 125-300ms connections. What a laggy pile of crap to play in.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    So rentable servers SOON™?? I'm having flashbacks to BF1. You won't be getting my money for BF V anytime SOON™...
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So rentable servers SOON™?? I'm having flashbacks to BF1. You won't be getting my money for BF V anytime SOON™...

Your guess is as good as mine the lack of communication is very poor for a AAA title.

• Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

There's no guarantee of rentable servers in BFV..they claim to have more important issues to deal with at this point in time..In my opinion rentable servers is a critical and a very important part of PC gaming for many reasons..just to name one, the servers usually have an active admin of which to their best effort try to keep the room free of morons and obvious cheats of which EA/DICE should be thankful due to the fact of an inadequate anti-cheat they refuse to acknowledge ..

I hope I'm wrong.. don't hold your breath ..rentable servers in BFV will not happen!!
    Post edited by Metal_Jockets on
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's no guarantee of rentable servers in BFV..they claim to have more important issues to deal with at this point in time..In my opinion rentable servers is a critical and a very important part of PC gaming for many reasons..just to name one, the servers usually have an active admin of which to their best effort try to keep the room free of morons and obvious cheats of which EA/DICE should be thankful due to the fact of an inadequate anti-cheat they refuse to acknowledge ..

I hope I'm wrong.. don't hold your breath ..rentable servers in BFV will not happen!!

I hope also that u are wrong, most clean servers are private servers run by well known server clans, ping limit, regular restarts, shared metabans, voteban, votemap ...
  • LumoColor
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I played bf1 on ps4, quit mostly because of all the high ping players. I think most people don't even notice.
    There were many, many times I'd jump into a East US server to find 30-40 players with 125-300ms connections. What a laggy pile of crap to play in.
    Correct, most people don't notice laggy servers, especially scouts or players at the edge of the map. If your on the flags or at choke points the lag is much worse, as it is on tight maps like Amiens/ Tsaritsyn that focus a lot of players in small areas. The unable to vault issue is 10x worse when a server is lagging. Vehicles are impacted badly as it breaks the repair cycles, causes stuttering/getting stuck/spinning on objects that can be destroyed and if your suppressed.
    The worst thing about BFV is that the buckets of damage from high ping players in addition to the fast TTK/TTD makes it like insta jib.

Most of this can be reduced by limiting ping of players as high pingers force the server to work harder = easier to become overloaded. Its sad that they don't provide low ping servers for in-region players (in addition to normal servers for any ping players) and that no RSP means there is no option for clans to run these servers. The best BF4 servers provided by communities usually had a ping limit around 80-100 making a much smoother game and better playing experience.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If we had proper customisable servers at the launch of BFV, we could have had servers that disabled attrition and had a different TTK, among other things.

It'd be worth having to deal with badmins once in a while, because at some point, there's got to be at least one good server (with the options I want) that isn't being run by an absolute nutter.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Correct, most people don't notice laggy servers, especially scouts or players at the edge of the map. If your on the flags or at choke points the lag is much worse, as it is on tight maps like Amiens/ Tsaritsyn that focus a lot of players in small areas. The unable to vault issue is 10x worse when a server is lagging. Vehicles are impacted badly as it breaks the repair cycles, causes stuttering/getting stuck/spinning on objects that can be destroyed and if your suppressed.
    The worst thing about BFV is that the buckets of damage from high ping players in addition to the fast TTK/TTD makes it like insta jib.

Most of this can be reduced by limiting ping of players as high pingers force the server to work harder = easier to become overloaded. Its sad that they don't provide low ping servers for in-region players (in addition to normal servers for any ping players) and that no RSP means there is no option for clans to run these servers. The best BF4 servers provided by communities usually had a ping limit around 80-100 making a much smoother game and better playing experience.

It has always been my experience while searching for servers there are always many that are empty. I've always wondered why even a small percentage of those can't be designated with a ping limit.
  • Jaskaman
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, you can join to support server discussion on this reddit post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9fxbwm/rent_a_server_is_a_key_part_of_battlefield_and_is/
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA does not want players to have any control in the game. First step was to do away with procon in BF1, and next will be RSP entirely.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    EA does not want players to have any control in the game. First step was to do away with procon in BF1, and next will be RSP entirely.

I think you're lacking perspective.

the first step was to get rid of moddable (or standalone) dedicated servers with Bad Company 2 (though some would argue that BF3 is where this starts, since BC2 wasn't a "mainline BF game").
    Then BF1 took away far more control. by doing away with Procon

I think what's overall motivating this trend is a combination of multiple factors, yet I don't count the "they don't want mods to compete with DLC or artificially extend the life of the game" among them (simply because BF1942-2142 obviously sold well enough to justify Expansion Packs and sequels, and/or Valve has basically made a ton of money off of utilizing those communities)

Part of me is convinced it's got something to do with EA seeing PC gaming as pretty peripheral, and/or not feeling particularly attached to PC gaming "communities". I mean I hope we all remember the EA play or E3 event where BF1 was revealed. They talked endlessly about wanting to reconnect with PC gamers, yet I don't think any of those in charge would actually be willing to do what it would truly take (in my opinion) to do that. I mean their strategy over the last few years was to attempt to be Gametap with more original content (or FPS games and Sports titles rather than Telltale's Sam and Max-adventure games).

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Scouts notice it far more than the fully automatic classes, I have to nail one shot, there is no follow-up hosing down.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

Scouts notice it far more than the fully automatic classes, I have to nail one shot, there is no follow-up hosing down.

I definitely notice it a lot more with bolt actions when I've got to lead a target more due to lag, my single shot isn't registering, or enemy players are rubber-banding around and causing me to miss.

I notice it with automatic weapons too, but it's not as detrimental to miss a few shots with them since you can fire plenty of rounds in a short period of time.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

I definitely notice it a lot more with bolt actions when I've got to lead a target more due to lag, my single shot isn't registering, or enemy players are rubber-banding around and causing me to miss.

I notice it with automatic weapons too, but it's not as detrimental to miss a few shots with them since you can fire plenty of rounds in a short period of time.

You don't even want to get close to anything anymore moving like you're in syrup, sticking and unsticking to everything at random.