3rd Party Servers ?

13»

Comments

• ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I am actually surprised that there are people who don't want community controlled servers. The RSP is the worst thing that could happen for most battlefield communities.

Yes there are servers with restrictions on certain weapons, which can be annoying. But just don't join these server if you don't like it.
    I like the variety to be honest. And I like a server with an active admin, and when it's a so called badmin. Join another server.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I am actually surprised that there are people who don't want community controlled servers. The RSP is the worst thing that could happen for most battlefield communities.

Yes there are servers with restrictions on certain weapons, which can be annoying. But just don't join these server if you don't like it.
    I like the variety to be honest. And I like a server with an active admin, and when it's a so called badmin. Join another server.

This is too complicated for some of the people in this thread. How dare anyone like something that differs from their [email protected]! It's like some magical force is taking control of their hands and making them join a non official server. Crying ensues and now nobody is allowed to play in their sandbox.
  • ElStryfe
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Probably too soon to talk about it.. They want to wait till the very last minute, oh btw!!
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    More super advanced expanded extra feature information "COMING SOON".
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

This is too complicated for some of the people in this thread. How dare anyone like something that differs from their [email protected]! It's like some magical force is taking control of their hands and making them join a non official server. Crying ensues and now nobody is allowed to play in their sandbox.

Yep. These are usually the players who are kicked from those servers for valid reasons. No one is forcing you to join a pistol only server or a knife only server or a server with custom rules. If you don't like that server's rules GO TO AN OFFICIAL SERVER AND PLAY ON IT. NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Or no rental servers at all but instead add offline bots, skirmish mode

Not sure i understand how you are making a correlation between User controlled Servers and offline bots and skirmish mode. Fully removing an FPS staple (user controlled servers) that has been around since the dawn of the FPS genre, and add a completely unrelated feature?

And i should add that there is a very strong argument that most of the FPS games being played today wouldn't even exist without the support and sometimes direct creation and contribution to the games via the communities that run these servers. Battlefield is a prime example, it wouldn't even exist today if it weren't for the community support from the early PC only games. Same goes for Counterstrike and Call of Duty.

Both Counter-strike and Call of Duty have actually treated their PC gaming communities better (at least when it's come to servers) than Battlefield has.
    People act like "oh it's just the way it is" and all AAA developers are/have been locking down their servers, but at the very least Activision has seemingly taken a very inconsistent and hands off approach to the whole matter, releasing full-server tools and workshop support for Black ops 3 even)

It's my hope that there comes a moment when EA realizes how far behind all the other major developers they are. (I mean even Ubisoft and Square Enix have been more supportive of community created content (in their PC games) within the last few years).
  • XACCMarcel
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I've been away since BF3, I did play the BF4 trial, but left before release, as some of the server control/customization had (BF3) and were being tossed. I was thinking of trying BF5, but without custom servers... I may rethink my plans here.
  • CrashCA
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member