Rental server program

stevegomer19
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Have we heard any thing about rental servers for this game yet?

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Soon!
  • ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is something I am looking for as well. If we go back to the old system with the server. Then this game would be an instant buy. If it stays like bf1, then I am hesitant to buy.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope official servers like we have in BF1 will stay.
  • ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    There were official servers in BF4 as well. In my opinion the rental server program killed a lot of battlefield communities/clans
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You mean those unregulated ones where you could end up with 50 people with 100+ ping.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    This is something I am looking for as well. If we go back to the old system with the server. Then this game would be an instant buy. If it stays like bf1, then I am hesitant to buy.

We'll hope for the best I just can't see it changing, hopefully they will have proper customization as it used to be so people will have genuine control over their servers as it was once was. Unquestionable downgrade forcing people to play on unregulated servers with game ruining 300 ping players, abusive trolls and cheats.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Every and all sign point to EA removing RSP completely. Why else would they be so tight lilped. They did the exact same stall tactic with BF1 because they knew it would ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the community off and hurt pre-order sales. They are doing the exact same thing this time around.

Once they removed 3rd party server hosting for BF1 in favor for the dumpster fire that was RSP all hope was gone.
  • Rename010101
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You mean those unregulated ones where you could end up with 50 people with 100+ ping.

No,the ones where you don’t get banned for ridiculous reasons.
  • Reverend-1313
    Have probably 2-3000 hours in the BF series and I'm usually in the top 5 on my team. Never been banned.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You can't tell me all the private servers have bad admins, surely there must be some reasonable people out there not just interesting in statpadding against noobs.
  • Rename010101
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You can't tell me all the private servers have bad admins, surely there must be some reasonable people out there not just interesting in statpadding against noobs.

No not all,but once was enough for me. Getting banned for crouching on a body is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve heard stories of people getting banned for shooting down helicopters/destroying tanks. Ridiculous.
  • CrashCA
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If one does not like "clan" servers, simply play "official" ones. Leave the clans/communities alone. No one is making you play on ours.
    A bit ridiculous to join a server you do not like. ?
  • Reverend-1313

No not all,but once was enough for me. Getting banned for crouching on a body is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve heard stories of people getting banned for shooting down helicopters/destroying tanks. Ridiculous.

You also sound a bit like folks that join a community run server instead of an official one, don't read the server rules that automatically come up, get angry because you got banned for violating the server rules.
  • von_Campenstein

So? I asked for a permaban from one server after they kicked me because I questioned them letting so many high pingers play on there messing the gameplay up when there was a pingcap tool available. You don't want to play with certain people, that's just how it is. Everyone's got a story and most the time it's not the full story.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    *Crickets*
  • Reverend-1313
    "soon"
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You also sound a bit like folks that join a community run server instead of an official one, don't read the server rules that automatically come up, get angry because you got banned for violating the server rules.

That's fair enough, but it's pretty stupid when you do read the rules carefully, and then get banned for breaking them anyways, for some reason. I once joined a 24/7 Flood Zone server (I know, I should have known better than joining a server running such a terrible map 24/7), and the rules stated that no Stingers/IGLAs/MBT LAWs were allowed against aircraft. So, when the admin started going on his killstreak with a Little Bird, I killed him with an RPG-7 ... only to get banned for breaking this admin's apparently invisible rule against RPGs and SMAWs as well.

Now, yes, there are a few decent admins out there ... one of my favourite servers was a 24/7 Silk Road server where the admin seemed very relaxed ... one of his rules was that teabagging after every kill was actually encouraged. As long as there are proper, official servers without admins, they should have a BF4 style RSP this time around ... I just hope that there are reasonable servers with reasonable admins (barring that, enough official servers) left for BFV when DICE releases their 2020 BF game.
  • Reverend-1313

That's fair enough, but it's pretty stupid when you do read the rules carefully, and then get banned for breaking them anyways, for some reason. I once joined a 24/7 Flood Zone server (I know, I should have known better than joining a server running such a terrible map 24/7), and the rules stated that no Stingers/IGLAs/MBT LAWs were allowed against aircraft. So, when the admin started going on his killstreak with a Little Bird, I killed him with an RPG-7 ... only to get banned for breaking this admin's apparently invisible rule against RPGs and SMAWs as well.

Now, yes, there are a few decent admins out there ... one of my favourite servers was a 24/7 Silk Road server where the admin seemed very relaxed ... one of his rules was that teabagging after every kill was actually encouraged. As long as there are proper, official servers without admins, they should have a BF4 style RSP this time around ... I just hope that there are reasonable servers with reasonable admins (barring that, enough official servers) left for BFV when DICE releases their 2020 BF game.

Honestly that seems fine to me, but in a weird way :open_mouth: . Because I share 1 side of the opinion with you. That server you joined the 24/7 flood zone server sounds stupid AF...And it being stupid and you being banned (id be glad to be banned from that lol) shouldn't be an issue. People go there realize its really dumb and don't add it to their favorites. I do honestly get your point though about bad admins. Its mostly overblown in my personal experience...I have over 1500 hours played in BFBC2/BF3/4 and i've been banned from maybe 4-5 servers, most of those were from me thinking the admins were ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and getting banned intentionally. I never ever ever play on official servers because they are cesspools of racists, cheaters, and whiny little kids.

Personally think Dice should give us back 100% 3rd part servers, allow them to be Ranked like they always have if they abide by a strict set of rules. Here the big but....add a check box in the server browser that allows people to un-select auto match to non official servers. So all the whiny people who don't want people to have any choice in how they play can continue on with their console/COD mindset of having zero choice in what to play.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    *Crickets*

The crickets are now dead and only silence remains.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice answered with an uncertainty as of right now. They are focused on more important issues atm