Why isn’t the game using my GPU 100%?

iKibido
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Most of the time I’m at 70%, and I get around 80fps, but sometimes it goes up to 99% and then my fps shoot to 100+. Problem is it doesn’t stay like that. I tried changing the pre-render thing to 1-2 but it did nothing. V-Sync is off, frames capped to 120 (either way makes no difference), DX11, GPU memory restriction off, 7700HQ with GTX 1070.

I upped the resolution scale to 140% and then the GPU fixes at 99% but I’d rather have more frames, already got too much graphix. Is there any way to use more GPU to get more frames consistently in this game?

Comments

• spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You are CPU bottle-necked.
  • iKibido
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You sure? Because my CPU is always around 80% usage, I don’t see why it would bottleneck.
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iKibido wrote: »
    You sure? Because my CPU is always around 80% usage, I don’t see why it would bottleneck.

Your CPU clock speed is only 2.8 GHz and turbo is only 3.8 GHz, so yeah your CPU is the bottleneck.