Weekly Debrief

so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    .... I wasn't referring to the graphics. I was talking about the game as a whole. Everything that made BF great is nothin more than an empty husk now.

COD basically ripped off PUBG, which is why the gameplay looks okay as PUBG was and still is a popular game.

I'll try the beta, but the TTK looks ridiculously long. Also people sliding around everywhere could become a little obnoxious.

Graphics are nice in cod, physics and net code are also better than pubg. But pubg have million times better gunfeel, recoil, sound and bullet drop i would love to have noshahr TDM with pubg guns and recoil in frostbite engine.
  • Siliku5
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i'm getting the base game, no bells or whistles delux editions for the first time in forever though. the Beta was fun, but some of the bugs and issues i experienced almost made me cancel my pre-order. might be like BF4 where it's going to launch with some near game breaking issues that will cause me to drop the game for 2 months until they get fixed. i have faith in Dice though that, with time, things will get fixed. while i will still have the game, i see others like Monster Hunter World, Destiny2 Forsaken taking up much of Battlefields usual time, and depending on what gets fixed in BF5 in the time, it will be most likely have less playtime than the previously mentioned titles, or the upcoming Anthem (stoked) and Doom Eternal (11/10 hyped) titles.

there is a very real possibility that, unless Dice and EA learn from their mistakes with the marketing and content of this title, BF5 will be my last title to own in the franchise until we hit modern/future timelines. as a Battlefield veteran of over 12 years, it pained me to type that last sentence. the only reason i might give a pass if things stayed the same but with a modern/future setting is that some of my friends/relatives will get back into the game (they quit because they were vehicle junkies. no modern tanks or jets meant no BF1 or 5).
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If there isn't at least one guy in my squad with a Brooklyn accent making jokes during gameplay then it's not authentic enough and I won't be buying it.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RossP317 wrote: »
    Cancelled pre-order.

Will hang around in BF1 for now then I think RDR2 will take up my time instead of BFV.

May revisit in new year if there seem to be sufficient improvements and it's a sensible price.

Really? You want to play bf1 again after the beta? It's a huge downgrade. Do you even game? Lol
  • NLBartmaN
    3325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i bought the game, but cancelled my pre-order from ps store, I have to wait and see how dice change the spotting

Bruh, those are the two best things added to the game....

If you like camping it is .. no way to warn your teammates for a camper with STG44 anymore .. you can't spot those sad naabs anymore ...

The number of players I saw camping and instant kill (because of the low TTK) players that came near in the Beta was insane ...

With spotting gone they should add a camping counter: staying longer than 30 seconds on one place instant kills you.
  • TFBisquit
    1645 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Beta ran excellent for my 2600k+R9-390. Small beta maps nothing to worry about, it's a beta after all.
    Like the spotting as it now is, an extra ammo clip wouldn't hurt and it seems that's already being implemented for the final.
    So am I gonna buy it? Yes. Skipped hardline, BF4 and BF1 so it's time now.
    The criticism is mostly justified though, and I fear the game could be dead within the next year. But then it's only 60 euro's wasted, something easily spend on a night out.
    So yeah, not really excited, but buying it nevertheless. I'm ready for some virtual ww2 warfare.
  • SirBobdk
    4072 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ phoenix1368 wrote: »
    i bought the game, but cancelled my pre-order from ps store, I have to wait and see how dice change the spotting and attrition
    Imo removal of the 3D spotting + add attrition have made it more interesting playing infantry especially with clanmates on TS.
    It will become more fun playing in a squard and comunication is now more importent and so is the composition of the squad.
    Campers are not a problem when you get to know the map. They are always in the same place, and learning how to read the mini map also help.
    There are still some major problems, and this game have a long way to go, but I think DICE is on the right patch regarding team play.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I will buy it like every other bf game, but i am yet not sure if i will enjoy it or throw my pc trough window after full release. Beta was joy and anger inducing 4 me at the same time.
  • VileStrife
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well I am not pre-ordering, that's for sure. I believe BF4 was the last time I have. Skipped BF:HL, BF1 and both Star Wars games. Didn't care for the betas. However I am a bit interested in BFV. Beta was a little buggy, yet playable. Much better then the previous BF betas. I enjoyed the playstyle, but not fond of a WWII game. I'll wait and see how this one plays out a bit after launch before I buy. Money isn't a factor, enjoyment is. After all I only played two maps, still a few maps that can be a total bug fest.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I probably will end up getting it. No pre order and iam going to wait for feed back. But BF is my main game i play. As far as multi player and i have lots of friends who will be playing it.
    Not majorly hyped but the beta was better than i expected. I feel about 60/40.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First i'll wait the minimum system requirements, and then i'll decide.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    .... I wasn't referring to the graphics. I was talking about the game as a whole. Everything that made BF great is nothin more than an empty husk now.

COD basically ripped off PUBG, which is why the gameplay looks okay as PUBG was and still is a popular game.

I'll try the beta, but the TTK looks ridiculously long. Also people sliding around everywhere could become a little obnoxious.

Graphics are nice in cod, physics and net code are also better than pubg. But pubg have million times better gunfeel, recoil, sound and bullet drop i would love to have noshahr TDM with pubg guns and recoil in frostbite engine.

After playing the COD beta for 2 games (which is all I could stomach), I'll give it that the netcode was a massive improvement over PUBG, but PUBG is simply better in every other regard.

I had forgotten how garbage COD had become, it was a good reminder.
  • solarriors
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not, did not try the Beta, and still Boycotting :) CoD WWII is very fine for my WW2 needs
  • Noodlesocks
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably buy it eventually in a sale but the beta did not impress me at all. It was either going to be this or Fallout 76 and now I know what I'll be getting at launch.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just spent the day playing cod's Blackout beta and all I have to say is DICE better knock their BR mode out of the park if they want to compete. I had a blast. I even went and played a couple rounds of pubg to see how it compared and blackout is far superior. It's the first time I actually had fun in a battle royale game. This is the first time in my life I've actually been more excited about a cod release than I am BF. At this point, I'm not even worried if I don't get BFV - blops 4 looks like it's going to be my go to fps game unless DICE starts making some better decision about mechanics, balance, etc...
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Not. This marks the first BF game I did not want to be a part of. My opinion has nothing to due with bionic women on the battlefield.

BF:V has just strayed to far from the path that was pounded into the ground by better BF's than this.