Could Battlefield make a American Civil War game based on Major Naval Battles, Major Land Events?

such as Ironclad USS Monitor vs CSS Virgina at the battle of hampton roads. along with improved and intense battlefield 1 and 5 graphics engine. ( the debris, the glare, the graphics the movements, the race color) in the american civil war they had blacks, asians and natives fighting on both sides. they had automatic weapons gatlingun, henry rifle. USS Volcanic pistol? horses, even large complex-shaped steamships called ironclads? Why cant battlefield make a civil war game on historical land locations? let us participate as union or confederate in the Siege of Petersburg or, Bombing/Fall of Richmond The Capture of New Orleans and even add a campaign about the Draft riots of York? let us be a important character in history that was in New York City Riots or General?, and take out some gangs or some bad guys? and/or even experience the attack on new york union ships by a confederate submarine that failed to penetrate?( ended up as an artifact of the civil war)
Why Cant Battlefield get these ideas, why cant people SPEW out these ideas. so we could compete with World War 1, World War 2 Historical Games?
make a game THATS DEFINITLEY HISTORICAL and intense that would maneuver peoples attention to more dire time situations?

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds boring as hell.
  • Sounds boring as hell.

well if you think about the Civil war also had beach invasions, horses and city destruction!
    how can that be boring? it would be ten times unique to battlefield 1 and 5 because we'd be showing everybody events that were similar to D-day and many other events around the world in 1915. but in america? here are some links of movie clips of many various civil war events that would arouse you into convincing EA to developing this game.

• xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Because like BF1 weapon choices would be limited, even more so. There just would not be a lot of stuff to make content out of. It would never happen in the battlefield series. There are a few civil war games out there, go play one of them.
  • BetaFief
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    look at mount and blade: Warband napoleonic wars; "War of Rights", and "Holdfast" OP.

As interesting as it would be for DICE to do what you're talking about, I don't think we'd see anything like it unless servers were made moddable again.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    It would be catered to a very specific type of player. Hell even WW1 was risky for dice, and backfired in some sense regarding content. Their investors would have a heart attack if it was even seriously suggested.
  • BetaFief
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It would be catered to a very specific type of player. Hell even WW1 was risky for dice, and backfired in some sense regarding content. Their investors would have a heart attack if it was even seriously suggested.

it was risky certainly but I think part of the reason it kind of backfired was DICE took that initial risk and then refused to take any more afterwards when it came to the more meat-and-potatoes of the design... I mean they were in the "unsweet spot" or "reverse goldylocks zone" when it came to potential..

Anyway OP should really read up on the Spanish Civil War and the Iran-Iraq War... I mean those had plenty of stuff that could be used for "content", and would probably fit the mix-mashed nature of recent battlefield games.
  • von_Campenstein
    5619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Present the scopes and automatics of the time and we're go for alternative take 3.
  • Centurion2I
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would rather DICE make it's own game and leave history alone that way they can put in all the genders, non genders and people who identify as cup cakes all they want and no one can complain.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3277 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Moved to Off-Topic area since this has nothing to do with BFV

-CB
  • crabman169
    12114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Here you go Op

• CRAZY_EVAN1
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    what about a war on terrorism battlefield?
  • HonestSoul333
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Because lack of automatic weapons. Take bf1 for example. There are as many semi auto and bolt actions guns in the game, but full autos pretty much dominate the kill feed. Even in a WWI setting, where full autos were really rare, in game its quite the opposite.
    I have a hard time believing the community would be happy with a game filled with muzzle loaders, lever actions, and a few revolvers.
  • MegaloDorian
    897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've had a rough concept for a Battlefield-style American Civil War game floating around for a few years now. Much like Battlefield 1, it would feature common and uncommon weaponry of the time. Muzzle-loading rifles and muskets are obviously there, but so is a fairly large variety of breech-loading rifles and repeating rifles. A great variety of handguns are also present, and thus I have 50+ weapons in my concept. Not only that, but I also have plans for a naval battle mode featuring something along the lines of two-dozen different ironclad ships, each balanced in their own way.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 24

i would love to see that too but it might be a bit too controversial... Unfortunately...!

The mayor problem would be how to portray the "I S I S"-side of this conflict without stigmatizing and upsetting an entire religious community.
  • HonestSoul333
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

i would love to see that too but it might be a bit too controversial... Unfortunately...!

The mayor problem would be how to portray the "I S I S"-side of this conflict without stigmatizing and upsetting an entire religious community.

Or they could do like every other modern shooter based on that war and just make up a terror organization. Kinda like what CoD modern warfare did.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 29

Or they could do like every other modern shooter based on that war and just make up a terror organization. Kinda like what CoD modern warfare did.

They need to learn that it doesent target the entire muslim population, but ****.

I would love to see battlefield on war against terrorism, against REAL ****, **** terrorists and that Afghanistan war against the terrorists, based on REAL events, battles and locations. Not some overused fictional ones.

EDIT: I honestly dont know why they need to censor the terrorist organanizations names.

EDIT 2: Oh, it got uncensored for some reason.
  • HonestSoul333

They need to learn that it doesent target the entire muslim population, but ****.

I would love to see battlefield on war against terrorism, against REAL ****, **** terrorists and that Afghanistan war against the terrorists, based on REAL events, battles and locations. Not some overused fictional ones.

EDIT: I honestly dont know why they need to censor the terrorist organanizations names.

It only shows uncensored for the person posting it. We have no idea what you said but i got an idea lol
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

It only shows uncensored for the person posting it. We have no idea what you said but i got an idea lol

I wanted to say Islamic state, and other real terroristical organisations
  • CallMehTodd
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Terrible idea, not gonna happen. Something that will work and will keep people happy is Cold War/Vietnam/USSR vs. America. Lots of events, modern weapons/vehicles, locations.