Auto balance? Really?

BGHFlakjacket
1272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
On two occasions now I have been taken out of my squad and off the team and placed on the other team. It happens when I die very close to the start of the game. While I can see the need for balance, I do not think I deserve to be taken out of my squad with a teammate running EXP boost and arbitrarily exiled to the other team. If the teams are so unbalanced, they should move the whole squad. One player I doubt makes that much difference.

Comments

• rliant1864
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And I'm over here in an Op 7 people down from the other side. Autobalance is a joke.
  • Jayremie570
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yup annoying. Today was removed from a full party group and put on the team that had MORE players.? Baffling.
  • KingLeonidas737
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It’s really frustrating when you play an entire game and you’re winning and then all of a sudden your team is up 800-500 and you get switched out to the losing team!!!! What a joke!
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got switched at 950 points,a min before the game was over. I was switched when the other team already had 5 players more. Its just b r o k e n. Maybe its good sometimes,but its dumb in many other cases. Just like the mapvoting the idea the got with it is good,how it turns out in game is bad.
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think you guys need to lay off Dice and the auto balancer. There’s only so much time between morning break and lunch.

Seriously though, I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason to it. I think it’s just random players shuffled.
  • montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    please take this garbage out of the game. It's getting really frustrating getting put on the losing team halfway through the game only to get somepletely stomped.
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I was moved multiple times a few seconds before the match ended, while I was top player on my team. The team balancer should at least not work that late in a match. I mean what is any player going to do, to make turn a match that is at 990 - 450? That is lost, there is no reason to switch anyone from the other team anymore. Noone will change that they have lost...
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is really bad is that the Auto-Balance doesn't start until the game has already started. One team will have all the objectives captured before the Auto-Balance kicks in and by then it's too late, and one team gets spawn trapped.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's a band aid on a casket, the final insult.
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it wasn't for auto balancing I would not have been able to go on that perfect losing streak of 7 games. I was just about to screw it up being in the winning team for once, when it ripped me from the clutches of victory and stuck me in the losing side. Yay for awesomeness.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes mid match balancing literally seems broken. It says it is doing something, but actually does nothing. I wish it would work a little more.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    Auto Balancing, as it is in this game currently, is just a way to punish people for winning. In stead of the original idea of moving the low contributing people off of the winning team to ballance the number of people leaving the losing team, it has morfd into this joke. I've seen up to a 1/3 of the winning team moved to the losing team so that the winning team has less people than the losing team.
  • RRedux
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've said it before, but if they wanted balance, a good place to start would be to NOT fill up the largest team before the smaller team before the match starts. Almost every time a new round start, you will observe that a lot of people have left the team that lost the previous round, so it's smaller, but players joining get put in the empty slots on the largest team first. This is obviously intentional, in the earlier battlefields, if you joined a server, you naturally got placed on the team with the fewest players when you join. It's such a basic concept, but EA's matchmaking works against it, for reasons they have never really explained themselves.
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even if they fixed matchmaking where the game starts with an equal number of players, within 5 minutes players would still be quitting the match. If you are stuck with a team that is 50% scouts you are going to lose. There is no way a team with only half the team playing the objective can compete with a team playing the game correctly. I have been in so many games where one team had all the objectives within five minutes of the match and the the other team just quits the match.
  • SlugSniper
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Auto balance in a nutshell:

• Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even if they fixed matchmaking where the game starts with an equal number of players, within 5 minutes players would still be quitting the match. If you are stuck with a team that is 50% scouts you are going to lose. There is no way a team with only half the team playing the objective can compete with a team playing the game correctly. I have been in so many games where one team had all the objectives within five minutes of the match and the the other team just quits the match.

Ouch, that stings a little. Feel like Pepe Le Pew when he found out what “Pew” meant...
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

More certain is if you start with vehicle players capping the first flag then that's a wrap.