BF1 and 5 microstuttering

X3ntic
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 2018
PC: 16 gb ram, gtx 1080, i7 6700k OC'd to 4.4 ghz.

So, the game microstutters a lot. Its not really that much of a gamebreaking, but its annyoing and it should not happend on such a PC. It is very noticeable on a big maps and when there is a lot of explosions etc...

I have read that it can be somehow connected to the fact that i am gaming on the newest windows 10 version. Anyone with the same problem?

What i tried: Playing with graphics settings, playing with drivers. I had the same problem in BF5. Other games work just fine.
Post edited by X3ntic on

Comments

• Zz_Nabu_zZ
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • uz_bolderaju
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    use Rammap and be happy

• X3ntic
    edited September 2018
    I tried both solutions, but nothing helped at all. The thing is, i have like 80-100 fps in this game, cpu usage is 60-70% on all cores, but the gpu on 1080p, never goes above 60% usage and it randomly drops to 18% for a second (and so does the fps). Thats the moment when the stutter occurs. Im thinking about reinstalling win 8. I have downlclocked my cpu to the standard ratio and its even worse now.
  • BigF33t_13
    6840 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    XenticPL wrote: »
    I tried both solutions, but nothing helped at all. The thing is, i have like 80-100 fps in this game, cpu usage is 60-70% on all cores, but the gpu on 1080p, never goes above 60% usage and it randomly drops to 18% for a second (and so does the fps). Thats the moment when the stutter occurs. Im thinking about reinstalling win 8. I have downlclocked my cpu to the standard ratio and its even worse now.

Turn up resolution scale in game to 125 (or even higher if you still need to put more load on the gpu). That should put more load on the gpu.
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try running your RAM @ default speeds (not XMP) DDR4-1866, DDR3-1333 @ 1.35V. It is possible for XMP profiles to not be %100 stable.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think that putting more load on the GPU would reduce microstuttering. If anything, it could contribute to it. Stuttering is complex and the fix isn't simple. I'm having a bit myself and I have a pretty crazy rig.
  • X3ntic
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the tips, but nothing has worked for me. I have removed WIN 10, currently use WIN 8.1 and bf1 works flawlessly. My GPU usage is almost always above 90% and my fps got increased from average 70 to 125.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »

This is the worst advice i've ever seen in here! Dudes, never EVER, never EVER EVER do that, if you want to clear your standby memory do it manually, download RAMMAP and do it manually, don't force your OS do this in every 5 minutes, because on exactly 5 minutes you will have stutters.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

This is the worst advice i've ever seen in here! Dudes, never EVER, never EVER EVER do that, if you want to clear your standby memory do it manually, download RAMMAP and do it manually, don't force your OS do this in every 5 minutes, because on exactly 5 minutes you will have stutters.

What's wrong with it?
    It just does the same thing than rammap but you don't have to to it manually every 15min.
    Post edited by Zz_Nabu_zZ on
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What's wrong with it?
    It just does the same thing that rammap but you don't have to to it manually every 15min.

I use it and no longer have issues.
    I don’t notice stutter when it’s clearing memory either
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dunno if it helps any of you 1080 users, but I read somewhere that monitoring voltage of your cards with 3rd party software like afterburner can cause micro stutter.
  • bass-junkie-xl
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    dunno if it helps any of you 1080 users, but I read somewhere that monitoring voltage of your cards with 3rd party software like afterburner can cause micro stutter.

yes turn off this setting inside of the msi afterburner monitoring tab " power " un check that , there had been tons of forum posts about it . some drivers its ok and some revisions it stuttery ish
  • CSO7777
    1873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    ackers75 wrote: »

What's wrong with it?
    It just does the same thing that rammap but you don't have to to it manually every 15min.

I have the same experience. I started by setting the task to run every 30 minutes, but that still gave me stutters once in a while. Now I'm running the task every 15 minutes and have no stutters. I've never "felt" the task running while gaming.
  • NamelessForNow
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »

What's wrong with it?

I have the same experience. I started by setting the task to run every 30 minutes, but that still gave me stutters once in a while. Now I'm running the task every 15 minutes and have no stutters. I've never "felt" the task running while gaming.

Every 5 minutes here with no issues.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would clearing standby memory be beneficial regardless of the amount of memory? I have 32 gig in my machine.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Would clearing standby memory be beneficial regardless of the amount of memory? I have 32 gig in my machine.

Check your free memory available while you're playing.
    I guess even if you have 32Gb it can reach 0 at some point.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »

Check your free memory available while you're playing.
    I guess even if you have 32Gb it can reach 0 at some point.

This is getting out of hand.. The game literally takes up 99% of my standby mem within 10 minutes of clearing it.....
  • IN_FAMOZE
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I noticed that if I turned off afterburner no more studdering occurs. At least from what I saw. Maybe I might be wrong. Will test this out more.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    IN_FAMOZE wrote: »

I noticed that if I turned off afterburner no more studdering occurs. At least from what I saw. Maybe I might be wrong. Will test this out more.

Disable the power monitoring on afterburner.
  • Micas99
    I started closing AB after boot. It sets my OC and I really don't need to see the monitoring after that. I know what's its doing anyway.