so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• smoothsac
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    I will NOT be buying it. I did not buy BF1 either and didn't miss a thing.

I'm pretty much done supporting EA's games.

So you are on the BF forums because?
  • Hawxxeye
    5203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has enough fun potential if done right.
    It it is good all is well. If not it will be a last hurah for that series.
  • TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully DICE releases a second open beta with all of the changes they mentioned, I don't want to take their word for it either I want to see all of the changes for myself before the game launches, and especially not from some paid bias youtubers.

I love the Battlefield franchise but I hope it gets more chaotic, I feel like their also needs to be some balance changes for grand operations.
  • SirBobdk
    3930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did canceled but going to buy if they get it right in the final version. Don't have the "can't wait feeling yet".
    Too many bugs, things that do not work properly and stuff I do not like.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully DICE releases a second open beta with all of the changes they mentioned, I don't want to take their word for it either I want to see all of the changes for myself before the game launches, and especially not from some paid bias youtubers.

I love the Battlefield franchise but I hope it gets more chaotic, I feel like their also needs to be some balance changes for grand operations.

Unfortunately, right now, it looks like there will not be a 2nd beta.

• JediMastaWyn
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see what a second beta will do at this point. I doubt those who are not buying will have their mind changed as the type of gameplay they want is just not going to be in this iteration of BF.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see what a second beta will do at this point. I doubt those who are not buying will have their mind changed as the type of gameplay they want is just not going to be in this iteration of BF.

It's actually exactly what I was hoping for to cement my decision on whether or not I keep my pre-order. Now I'm thinking I'll cancel it.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't a big fan of the hardcore mode in the BF4, so I see no reason to buy a hardcore mode without the main BF game. No spot, no regen, constant sniperfest, strange redundant animations and vehicles nerfed to sh#t right from the start? No, thanks. Not until some major rebalance.

This.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smoothsac wrote: »

To talk about their games?
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018

BFV is already half-doomed, why don't they go totally crazy with it and put 120players in game no meter how servers will handle it etc, and slap some Hollywood movies ww2 themed maps for full release and start patching from there.
    Pubg was unplayable mess with 100 players first year now it have 1.2 mill players on pc every day. They even made recoil and gunplay in 1.5 year of patching one of best that any fps game had till now if not best. They caught more cheaters than all other game combined with simple video replay.
    Frostbite is much better engine and can handle more players, if noshahr canals TDM could handle 64 players without problem why not put chaos in bfv.
  • doctorrocktor
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Because I can. Next....

What a waste of time,if i wasn't buying bfv i wouldn't be in the bfv forums i would be doing something worth my time.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    undecided at this point, beta's a mess imo, not sure what im doing.

BF4 was a mess but they got it playable. BF5 will be good. I'm preordering it, hope the single player is excellent :)

NOT BUYING IT NOW .... fk EA Games
    Post edited by ThievenBalance on
  • TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

It's actually exactly what I was hoping for to cement my decision on whether or not I keep my pre-order. Now I'm thinking I'll cancel it.

Same here that really really sucks that they aren't going to release a second beta with all of the changes they announced, I might get it but I'm not sure if it's going to be day one now. I guess I'll just stay in the trenches playing RDR2 until I see them show some of the improvements they mentioned that they're changing.

Because for me it could be a night and day difference depending on what they change and in what way. I don't want matches filled with nothing but the sten/stg and the one crazy support gun.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018

Because I can. Next....

What a waste of time,if i wasn't buying bfv i wouldn't be in the bfv forums i would be doing something worth my time.

I'm here as a way to keep my english fresh and while I'm in queue to a server that I'll be 90% likely to drop out of, it being a blowout, foggy or both.

Also waiting for the dumpster fire to really kick off, I got my shades ready, will I need a welders mask?
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

They have acknowledged that they will be tweaking the attrition system again, many did not like it and as it currently stands will not be buying the game. A 2nd beta with the new attrition system may change their minds
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They have acknowledged that they will be tweaking the attrition system again, many did not like it and as it currently stands will not be buying the game. A 2nd beta with the new attrition system may change their minds

That's what I'm hoping for - a 2nd beta with the attrition tweaks. It might change my mind about buying the game. We'll have to wait and see.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not reading a lot of positive feedback...

Seeming like it's not really much of an update from BF1 either, based on videos i've watched.

Will probably buy anyways, because i've purchased every BF game to date (yes, including Hardline).

Hi.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just spent the day playing cod's Blackout beta and all I have to say is DICE better knock their BR mode out of the park if they want to compete. I had a blast. I even went and played a couple rounds of pubg to see how it compared and blackout is far superior. It's the first time I actually had fun in a battle royale game. This is the first time in my life I've actually been more excited about a cod release than I am BF. At this point, I'm not even worried if I don't get BFV - blops 4 looks like it's going to be my go to fps game unless DICE starts making some better decision about mechanics, balance, etc...

I'm interested in your comment. What in your opinion did Blops 4 do better than pubg?

It played 10000 x's better than pubg - after playing blackout, I never want to touch pubg again. Better hit registration, using a controller is much easier in blops 4 (the whole system is better geared for a console player whereas pubg is obviously a console port from devs who really don't know much about console peripherals, gameplay, etc...) Also, loot was more plentiful and better distributed. Parachuting in is a lot better because, once your chute auto deploys, you get to the ground fast! There was only a coupe of items that were truly OP but I expect treyarch will fix that (which beta feedback is going to get fixed.) Obviously, there were a few issues, but I consider them to be minor and I would still play it even if they were left in.

I had the complete opposite experience trying the COD beta, but I see you're a console player so it makes sense (no offense intended).

Basically all it had over PUBG was better hit reg, the rest of the game was atrocious in my opinion, but I've disliked COD ever since COD3. The only reason I tried it was because DrDisrepect talked it up so much. Even though I knew he's biased, I gave it a go and lasted a grand total of two games before I uninstalled.

Each to their own I guess.

No offense taken - that's the point I was really trying to make because treyarch has more experience with coding for controllers than bluehole.

Trust me, admitting I enjoyed blops 4 more than the bfv beta has been a pretty bitter pill to swallow because I have absolutely hated every cod game to date. Even my friends have been razzing me over my 180 about it (and deep inside I still want to like bfv. I just can't after experiencing their beta.) I have always been a BF > Cod................. Until now.

There is no shame in this.

While I liked some of the changes they are going with in BFV, my overall impression of the beta was really mixed, so I decided to not preorder and wait and see for a potential subsequent beta and the state of the game at launch (what changes were made and if overall the game is smooth and not buggy on PS4).

On the other hand I was gifted a beta code for COD Blackout and had a lot of fun playing it (some of the fun I missed in BFV beta...). I have never played any CODs before but will probably buy it for the BR only (no interest in other modes) as BFV was delayed and has not convinced me enough as of now.

• WALKINGCORPSE1
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Because I can. Next....

lmao,,