Weekly Debrief

Lol at the spawning in this game

boutneus
2474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I never really noticed it that bad cause I usually go for safe spawns, but boy how some of these spawns can be abused Is kinda atrocious

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My clan mate and I are never good spawn points. Younspawn on me and most likely are going to get sniped in the face.

And spawn on my clan mate and wellll this sort of stuff happens.

• SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    My clan mate and I are never good spawn points. Younspawn on me and most likely are going to get sniped in the face.

Lol yep. My fav is the old spawn on a squadmate and get bayo killed before you even have control of your character routine.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Lol yep. My fav is the old spawn on a squadmate and get bayo killed before you even have control of your character routine.

Ive been on the giving end of that. In my 60 + service stars with the bayonet I’ve unfortunately hit a few spawning in players that saved the sentry I was going for?
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Generally knowing spawns at flags is ,to me, a sign of experience with the game.
    If you abuse it, is lame the guy that kills,or stupid the guy that keeps spawning there?
    On amiens that's my main kills income lol.
  • SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    Generally knowing spawns at flags is ,to me, a sign of experience with the game.
    If you abuse it, is lame the guy that kills,or stupid the guy that keeps spawning there?
    On amiens that's my main kills income lol.

That's more on the devs for not fixing the problem than anything. It's still pretty unsporting to intentionally do it though lol.
  • ElliotLH
    8558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can be really nasty if you go up the back of C flag on Ballroom in a tank and the enemy have the flag...
  • spynylcracka
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For your own safety you will spawn further away from flags that have enemies nearby. That is the message you see sometimes while the game is loading. What they really mean is that you will spawn out in the middle of nowhere so you can get sniped before you can get to cover or in front of a tank.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13305 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 2018
    For your own safety you will spawn further away from flags that have enemies nearby.

I had a great example of that.. NOT happening, But it benefited me.

:edit: Skip to 16:23
  • Imabaka70
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    You can be really nasty if you go up the back of C flag on Ballroom in a tank and the enemy have the flag...

Yup that was one of the few times I ever messaged someone. They killed me in the Main Street and I went to spawn on c and it put me right back in front of that same person as they were running towards B. They killed me instantly.

I messaged them and said “ worst spawn ever”
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    I never really noticed it that bad cause I usually go for safe spawns, but boy how some of these spawns can be abused Is kinda atrocious

I like how that last support player held down the trigger when he spawned in. Poor guy was onto you and still got destroyed. :D
  • ElliotLH
    8558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yup that was one of the few times I ever messaged someone. They killed me in the Main Street and I went to spawn on c and it put me right back in front of that same person as they were running towards B. They killed me instantly.

I messaged them and said “ worst spawn ever”

That's really unfortunate and I hope you got bayonet style revenge at some point later.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The two worst spawns are the c flag of ballroom and the alley in Amiens behind c&d flags. Nothing worst than spawning in the alley with a prone lmg camping it out.
  • ElliotLH

The two worst spawns are the c flag of ballroom and the alley in Amiens behind c&d flags. Nothing worst than spawning in the alley with a prone lmg camping it out.

You're right about that. I've been on both the giving and receiving sides of the bad spawning in that alley haha.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    Best memory of this lovely function was in the alley by B flag on Amiens, as I spawn in I see a pile of bodies already and a guy in front, stab him and goes full on Holy Grail with the 'haa-haah!' and then the next guy spawn behind me. I have no idea how long that went on after that but I do see a couple of more guys being stabbed before I respawn.
  • snuggans
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the spawns are mediocre in most maps because you can accurately predict where the enemy will be spawning, there isn't enough variation, there are typically 2 spawn options for each objective, one in the very center when there arent enemies around, and another off to the side when there are enemies around. there are players who even camp these spawn spots without attempting to capture the objective because they are easy to memorize and are static locations. the game doesn't seem to care if an enemy is looking towards the spawn spot, and i've even had enemies spawn 5 feet behind me and vice versa, so proximity is also often ignored because the developers just couldnt be bothered to add a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th location somewhere else
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »

I like how that last support player held down the trigger when he spawned in. Poor guy was onto you and still got destroyed. :D

But they guys getting repeatedly killed are just as much at fault, at least after the second time. Just spawn close by and get him from behind.
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You're right about that. I've been on both the giving and receiving sides of the bad spawning in that alley haha.

Always thought D on St Quentin and C on Suez were worse. In each case you have one side continually spawning in an open field/dune 30 meters from any cover st all.