so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

1568101130

Comments

  • gordonmen
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have origne prime so it a part of the abo tho get bf 5 deluxe. I player the beta now bud for PC is not a game where I really a hyp get for. Like the tanks there looks like there made special for the controls. The lagg of vichels and weapons so far are thing to what the hype gives low. There are some good thing to like building and blowup stuff is more realistic. The only reason why I get this game so far is for me it's in my abbo if I realy had to pay 60 bucks I would even think about buying it for so far.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    No.

    It's inauthentic nonsense just doesn't feel like a WWII game should.
    It's beyond silly.

    How is a WWII game suppose to feel?

    Yawn
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I rarely preorder or buy games on releaseday,but i did it with bc2,bf3,bf4 and bf1.not gonna happen with bfv. Just like hardline ill buy it if it is way cheaper,if i can i buy it used. Sick of ea/dice fixing problems that arent problems and implementing stuff that doesnt work and getting rid of good stuff. Really didnt enjoy the beta.

    i thought the beta was a mess also.
  • doctorrocktor
    1866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've cancelled, after seeing all the video reviews on YT and this white man bull I can't see myself buying EA games again if they go down this PC lefty route.

    So you cancelled on what other people say,have you got a mind of your own.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bought origin access premium instead for 1 year. Got BF5 deluxe since 8.11.2018 and another 170 games including upcoming Anthem and many others.

    For 100 euros best possible deal.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IManovBG wrote: »
    Not buying. Plenty of reasons, but the top one - I am a white man (male) ;-)

    So am I. Are we banned from them?
    Infact white males are possibly the largest demographic of game players in US and Europe... so this makes no sense.

    “Are you going to watch Iron Man?”
    “No. Mainly because I am a Taurus”.

    “Are you a soccer fan”
    “No. For many reasons. But mainly because I am Italian”.

    “Would you like a beer?”
    “No for many reasons but mainly because I am a heterosexual adult”.
  • IManovBG
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Italians do not like soccer they are crazy about football :-)

    And that is my choice, my reasons ;-) And the clan share the opinion. I remember we bought 45 copies of BF3 at release. See:

    And we celebrated this game release :D now - nothing.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    smoothsac wrote: »
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    I will NOT be buying it. I did not buy BF1 either and didn't miss a thing.

    I'm pretty much done supporting EA's games.

    So you are on the BF forums because?

    Because I can. Next....

    What a waste of time,if i wasn't buying bfv i wouldn't be in the bfv forums i would be doing something worth my time.

    Good for you then. My time is my time to spend any way I like. Whether you agree with it or not means NOTHING to me.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    No.

    It's inauthentic nonsense just doesn't feel like a WWII game should.
    It's beyond silly.

    How is a WWII game suppose to feel?

    Yawn

    Really? What does that have to do with it?

    It was a genuine question, but clearly you don't have a clue, hence the response.

    Probably best you keep your nonsense to yourself if you aren't willing to back it up with anything at all other than a juvenile response.

    When people refer to feeling like WWII they are referring to the endless number of photographs that depict what WWII actually looked like. If you want a better idea you can find colorized versions of those photos. When it comes to BFV the only glaring thing that doesn't look right is the character models, which DICE themselves have already said they intend to scale back based on feedback.

    All well and good, but comparing a still photo to a game is laughable.
    If someone hasn't experienced actual WWII, they're infact just assuming what it's like.
    They haven't got a clue what it's like, it's just an opinion, now I'm not saying he's wrong or right, but I asked him what he meant, which never actually got a response that wasn't a childish one.
    I was asking a genuine question, which was met with a juvenile response, which leads me to believe, he doesn't know what he's talking about, and tbf, non of us do.
    Dice could of captured WWII perfectly, but we really don't know as pretty much everyone is basing their opinion on what they think it should be, not what it actually was.

    Thanks for your response, at least you attempted to answer the question from an adult perspective :)
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    So am I. Are we banned from them?
    Infact white males are possibly the largest demographic of game players in US and Europe... so this makes no sense.

    You need to start paying attention to what's happening in today's culture and politics, THEN the white male thing will start making sense.

    Or it was a bug with the chat filter, let's leave the other words it filtered, out of your argument as it doesn't fit your narrative.

    Jokers
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

    Or it was a bug with the chat filter, let's leave the other words it filtered, out of your argument as it doesn't fit your narrative.

    Jokers

    Yes, it was a bug...it was the mother of all coincidences, but yeah it was a bug. Yeah. Or at least that's what would fit your narrative.

    I have nothing to hide: I think the inclusion of playable female characters in a WW2-themed game is BENT! Not because it's MUH WAMENS, but because it's effing World War 2! Can't wait to see what this is gonna be like when it's time for Vietnam :s

    I gave CoD WW2 the same criticism, but the fact that Dice didn't implement playable female characters in a more tasteful way (have females playable only in the roles that they actually filled in WW2 -- Russian snipers, french resistance, even bomber crews) goes to show that this is just pandering to the poison that is: political correctness.

    Your boy Söderlund provided irrefutable proof...just before leaving the company :D

    "So what?" you may ask....Why couldn't they just keep things as they were in both past Battlefields and in the actual war? -- But that's a rhetorical question because I know you're gonna be packing a whole lot of self-righteousness in your response as per usual. Go for it though.

  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

    Or it was a bug with the chat filter, let's leave the other words it filtered, out of your argument as it doesn't fit your narrative.

    Jokers

    Yes, it was a bug...it was the mother of all coincidences, but yeah it was a bug. Yeah. Or at least that's what would fit your narrative.

    I have nothing to hide: I think the inclusion of playable female characters in a WW2-themed game is BENT! Not because it's MUH WAMENS, but because it's effing World War 2! Can't wait to see what this is gonna be like when it's time for Vietnam :s

    I gave CoD WW2 the same criticism, but the fact that Dice didn't implement playable female characters in a more tasteful way (have females playable only in the roles that they actually filled in WW2 -- Russian snipers, french resistance, even bomber crews) goes to show that this is just pandering to the poison that is: political correctness.

    Your boy Söderlund provided irrefutable proof...just before leaving the company :D

    "So what?" you may ask....Why couldn't they just keep things as they were in both past Battlefields and in the actual war? -- But that's a rhetorical question because I know you're gonna be packing a whole lot of self-righteousness in your response as per usual. Go for it though.

    Are you broken :lol:

    I didn't ask for your life story, I was talking about the chat filter and only that.

    Are you the tin foil hat brigade leader?
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not closing my pre order. I'm gonna give it a chance, not jumpin on the bandwagon but I disagree with a lot of what's gone on, and I didn't enjoy the beta. I just hope it's good when it actually comes out. No bother if not, plenty of other games to fill the gap until they announce the next one. Bit disappointing though, waiting all this time in anticipation for 5 to be announced, only for nothing but negative press and a game that doesn't look or feel as good as its predecessor.

    I've been off social media for a while now have they publicly released any notes on what they intend to do after all the beta feedback? Not heard anything since. I hope the TTK gets changed more than anything else but I had a lot of other issues with the beta. It was a mess.
Sign In or Register to comment.