PS4 Community Event - Friday Sept. 28th @20:00 UK! - HOSTED BY SMK GAMING

Comments

• SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ok well going by the 22 votes the 4 maps chosen are

Amiens = 15
    St Quentin Scar = 6
    Argonne Forest = 6
    Fao Fortress = 5

Question 1 - So the map that I suggest for the Kolibri / Syringe / no gas and gadgets only is Argonne forest, I think using this map for it makes the most sense do you agree / disagree?

Question 2 - I suggest banning on all maps the SMG 08, RSC, Martini Henry and gas

Question 3 - Auto Rotation on / off, this is a vote

So you could answer as follows

1) agree
    2) agree
    3) AR Off

or

1) disagree, suggest Fao
    2) disagree, ban nothing
    3) AR on

So if you disagree please provide a suggestion. Voting and suggestions will be open for 5 days, ends after Sunday ;-)
  • WetFishDB
    1936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1) Agree, although think we should play it as a standard map too. Perhaps have it in rotation twice, once as a normal map and once as the troll one?
    2) Agree, Fine with the SMG08 and Gas being banned (although am not hugely bothered either way). Entirely not fussed on the other two.
    3) I don't mind either way.

And think those 4 maps offer the right mix of gameplay for most people. 3/4 with tanks, 2/4 with planes. Think Argonne needs to stay in as a normal map to balance them out.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    1) Agree, although think we should play it as a standard map too. Perhaps have it in rotation twice, once as a normal map and once as the troll one?
    2) Agree, Fine with the SMG08 and Gas being banned (although am not hugely bothered either way). Entirely not fussed on the other two.

And think those 4 maps offer the right mix of gameplay for most people. 3/4 with tanks, 2/4 with planes. Think Argonne needs to stay in as a normal map to balance them out.

I am thinking purely for time, I have ran these events before and too be honest if we get 4 maps in I think we are doing well, as they are custom servers randoms cannot join so when people have played for 90 mins or so they start to leave and the server dies. Of course when Argonne comes around again in the rotation we can play it again as normal if people are still in the server.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan of banning SMG08, it is my favorite, and honestly only beastly in Cqc unlike some shotties and noobriegel, and why banning martiny henry? Last time i checked it's in no way OP, it just sounds that way...
    Basicly, i don't see the need to ban any weapon except for Bayonnets....
    However, if there will be weapon bans by popular vote i wouldn't have a problem with that as i was planning to run gadget only anyway... (cuz imma skrubb)

1 Agree *
    2 Disagre (but not an issue if there are bans)
    3 AR off (that's how i do anyway, as it's not that OP anymore i don't really care if it's on, also, AR doesn't make my Syringe snap on.....)

Will there be any communication during event? My shortterm memory is like Swiss cheese...

Oh, i nearly forgot, i briefly thought of voting for a ban on certain 200+bullets counting LMGs, tho', that'd probably scare off campers... I wouldn't want that (for obvious reasons....)

* Kolibri/ melee/ gadget only would probably result in a massive dynamite/ limpet spam. I suggest for this match no explosive gadgets, nades and melee, so to be specific, only Kolibri/ Syringe/ Repairtool and/ or either Flaregun and smokenades i'd allow, also in this round, NO reviving, medpouches or crates and NO ressuplies so people would eventually be forced to use Kolibri or the fun gadgets, or steal kits from victem while t-bagging. And, t-bagging has to be mandatory this round, no t-bagging after kill should result in emediate death! (Would that be possible?)
  • Trokey66
    7574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My thought for Kolibri duel is the large crater behind A flag on Amiens.

Kolibri and smoke grenades omly (possibly gas to force gasmasks on?), so Support is best bet.

No medics to preventing sneaky healing and revises.

Last man standing!
  • WetFishDB
    1936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    My thought for Kolibri duel is the large crater behind A flag on Amiens.

Kolibri and smoke grenades omly (possibly gas to force gasmasks on?), so Support is best bet.

No medics to preventing sneaky healing and revises.

Last man standing!

Now that would be a chaos, good old fashion chaos. Not so sure about the gas part, but the rest seems like fun.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I´m more concerned about having this many rules because only a small percenile will see them here on the forums... I have sent invites out to some MeMo and SoV guys in order to fill the server as SMK also will be having guys running with SMK-tags... Not everybody are on these forums obviously.

I would rather say… No teamswitching in order to prevent "clanA" vs. "clanB" situations...
    This event was meant to be as a "last evening of BF1" where we could set aside all our opinions and just play the friggin game...
    Thats why its sad to see that we never got any response from e.g. @GamerHugo or @shaunlake1344 and @SmokeD_BabooN left the fun even before it began for whatever reason…

So... I´m okay with serversettings which can be controlled by @SMK_GAMING_2 but I´m afraid that we cant control weapon-restrictions...

• ElliotLH
    5783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I´m more concerned about having this many rules because only a small percenile will see them here on the forums... I have sent invites out to some MeMo and SoV guys in order to fill the server as SMK also will be having guys running with SMK-tags... Not everybody are on these forums obviously.

I would rather say… No teamswitching in order to prevent "clanA" vs. "clanB" situations...
    This event was meant to be as a "last evening of BF1" where we could set aside all our opinions and just play the friggin game...
    Thats why its sad to see that we never got any response from e.g. @GamerHugo or @shaunlake1344 and @SmokeD_BabooN left the fun even before it began for whatever reason…

So... I´m okay with serversettings which can be controlled by @SMK_GAMING_2 but I´m afraid that we cant control weapon-restrictions...

Doesn't look like Hugo or Shaun have posted here since July so maybe they no longer use the forum?
  • Prep768
    3214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Greeny or indeed XIM killer drained the good nature of this event a long time ago. The rest of you boys are sound in my book.
    And bumping this for the rest of the Forumfield to enjoy
  • Prep768
    3214 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apart from those snidy up voters and those who need to check their meds - have a good night boys and girls
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still here, just trying to avoid getting into arguments about video games! I thought I was banned but the ban wasn't permanent, alas I shall have to rely upon willpower.... (ahem)...

Anyway just to be me here's an irreverent killstreak video.

DEATH TO MEDICS!
  • WetFishDB

I am thinking purely for time, I have ran these events before and too be honest if we get 4 maps in I think we are doing well, as they are custom servers randoms cannot join so when people have played for 90 mins or so they start to leave and the server dies. Of course when Argonne comes around again in the rotation we can play it again as normal if people are still in the server.

Man, I entirely forgot. Please no Heavy Bomber, this should be about interactive vehicle and infantry gameplay - not some fudge nugget constantly spawning in the heavy bomber for lols (sorry @Chillmatik_86 :wink )
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I vote for one man enter one man leave knife fight in the crater on Amiens with everyone throwing smoke in the crater to keep it interesting. Team elimated first loses.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Man, I entirely forgot. Please no Heavy Bomber, this should be about interactive vehicle and infantry gameplay - not some fudge nugget constantly spawning in the heavy bomber for lols (sorry @Chillmatik_86 :wink )

No worries, i have no issue with this
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

:D :D :D
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Now I wanna see @Chillmatik_86 in a Ilya Boring-mets VS. @WetFishDB in a Fighterplane 1v1...!!

3...2...1...Start your engines!
  • WetFishDB

Now I wanna see @Chillmatik_86 in a Ilya Boring-mets VS. @WetFishDB in a Fighterplane 1v1...!!

It'd be no contest. Chill would be able to out dogfight me even if he was in an Ilya, with the engine disabled, whilst drinking a beer in one hand. The only time I've been a pilot was by mistake, and even then I realised I couldn't work the damn thing so bailed, killed an infy, and then took their kit to carry on the game.
  • Chillmatik_86

Might be the closest thing to a fair 1v1 for me :D
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Question 3 should not matter because it's a troll event
  • Trokey66
    7574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    I vote for one man enter one man leave knife fight in the crater on Amiens with everyone throwing smoke in the crater to keep it interesting. Team elimated first loses.

An interesting concept but for this could I suggested the ruined church on Nivelle fir added atmosphere?