That Fog

Comments

• ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Oh dear i must now move with my zero bullet drop sniper rifle now!

Oh dear learn to read!

Oh please lol try moving around the map every now and then.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the rain too especially on Empires Edge and Argonne. These two maps are beautiful when it's nice and sunny. They become blurry and ugly when it rains. Visibility becomes very poor.

Same with the smoke on Amiens, very ugly.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES!!
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fog helps sniper scopes. You always get picked off by snipers or medics with scopes as for some reason a scope helps you see through the mist.

Soon as mist comes. Switch to sniper and you’ll have extra kills from tripwires and be able to snipe.
    Hate it, if only because it lasts so long, and comes way too often.... should effect less than 10% of games. And it should tell you at the start ... Fog arriving in 10 minutes. So you don’t take a plane and spend 10-15 minutes circling above the milk white pea souper...
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    there is a strange part of me that would really like to play nevil nights, in the daytime with fog & rain.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Oh dear i must now move with my zero bullet drop sniper rifle now!

Oh dear learn to read!

Oh please lol try moving around the map every now and then.

Into the filter you go trollboiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fog was a fail game mechanic

I disagree, It changes up the playstyle, It can enable flanks to happen that otherwise wouldn't happen if it were clear.

The only class it seems to affect ( in my experience ) is scouts with long range scopes.

Thats nor true,you cant see anything as every other class.
    Not sure how your Fog looks like..but mine is alwys awfull.Of course Scouts suffer most from Fog,but every other class in the Game too.
    These Weather-Modifiations are totaly useless in a Computergame and if a Team wanna flank the Enemy they can use Smokegrenades.
    Fog is only usefully in non-combat operations..crossing a river as example,but I´m sure there is not one General in this world who will send his Troops in a Foggy Battlefield..Only General DICE is doing that :)
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF5s fog is much better done. I wouldn't have an issue with fog if it wasn't that optics like scopes seem to negate some of the thickness of the fog and see further than others. Because then it's equally as unfair as it is annoying to deal with. If it was a lot less frequent it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe if it just happened at the beginning of match and cleared up throughout.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I disagree, It changes up the playstyle, It can enable flanks to happen that otherwise wouldn't happen if it were clear.

The only class it seems to affect ( in my experience ) is scouts with long range scopes.

Not sure how your Fog looks like..but mine is alwys awfull.Of course Scouts suffer most from Fog,but every other class in the Game too.
    These Weather-Modifiations are totaly useless in a Computergame and if a Team wanna flank the Enemy they can use Smokegrenades.
    Fog is only usefully in non-combat operations..crossing a river as example,but I´m sure there is not one General in this world who will send his Troops in a Foggy Battlefield..Only General DICE is doing that :)

Believe it or not wars have been fought in fog. And the fog in this game is fun to me. I like when the weather affects the game, so I am glad the haters don't get their way. We would be playing counter strike with 90s graphics if some of you people were at the helm. Thank god not.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

Believe it or not wars have been fought in fog. And the fog in this game is fun to me. I like when the weather affects the game, so I am glad the haters don't get their way. We would be playing counter strike with 90s graphics if some of you people were at the helm. Thank god not.

I have no problem with the sandstorm or rain, those happen very rarely, fog is just about every other match, its highly disproportionate and as such it loses all its novelty and has gotten old so very long ago. As for changing up the gameplay, does it really though? Scouts with scopes see through fog as reported by several sources on this thread. Anecdote from just yesterday, fog on Amiens, who knew, match started out in fog, went 12-0 as Scout using iron sights, I was 2nd on my team in a close match but the fog would not let up, that match should've been fun but it wasn't so I logged.
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't mind it, especially when we get pushed back to home base. Allows me to skirt around to the rear flags.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did I mention I hate fog?
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

That's one thing we got in common
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fog benefits snipers? Can’t see my hand in front of my face in this soup. I’d pick assault if only I’d been given a warning the soup came rolling in. Now I need to die first and since I hate cheap deaths I’m just bored trying to see anything through the scope (guess what, I can’t).
    Btw 2 types of fog in this game : 1. semi doable where u can still kinda see people off in the distance if u focus hard. 2.cant see 2 meters ahead of you, better off admiring the tree stumps and having pistol out at all times.
    Maybe that’s why fog is overdone cause it counts as 2 weatherpatterns
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol what is this talk about fog hurting campers. Moving around screws you the most because spotting spam combined with scopes allowing you to see further makes camping the way to go once fog rolls in. Trash game mechanic.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Spotting is harder,sniping is harder. You may see enemies through the scope,but only bad snipers ads all the time. If you stay on the move its really hard for snipers.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol what is this talk about fog hurting campers. Moving around screws you the most because spotting spam combined with scopes allowing you to see further makes camping the way to go once fog rolls in. Trash game mechanic.

Can't agree more. It's allegedly supposed to change up playstyles. It clearly does but not for the better, it slows up gameplay and ruins fluid rounds.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's one thing we got in common

Lol maybe the singular thing

Also, it absolutely helps campers. People who move are much more visible than people who stand still.

If youre playing anything other than assault or scout, youre at a disadvantage. With scout, you can sit far away and use a scope. With assault no one can see you until youre literally shaking hands. People just emerge out of the fog 2 feet in front of you.

Call me a crazy, I have kind of gotten used to seeing in video games. Noob move I know.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Indoor fog bugs me, like in the corridors in Ballroom. That and the weird lighting effects. Not bothered about fog outside. But as it hardly ever happens it’s not a game breaker
  • trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    do they have maps without fog in Bf1?
  • crimsonbomber
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    do they have maps without fog in Bf1?

I get fog in almost every game I play.. It’s so frequent for me that I’d swear I’ve had fog while looking through the server browser trying to find a game...