so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately, I am forbidden from buying this game.

I need to hear more of this story

You may refer to Patrick Söderlund.
    0 out of 10
  • solarriors
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    ScoobyDDoo wrote: »
    Certainly the launch was bad but once the game got fixed it was amazing. The last couple BFs pale in comparison and I'm not sold on BF5 living up to it either

I still dislike the vehicles in BF4 the vehicle damage is excruciating you can almost knockout an air vehicle with a hand gun it's that bad. At least with Battlefield 3 in a helicopter you can stay alive after two missiles hit it if you deflect them good enough. Not in BF4, if BF4 were a real scenario simulator the budget for vehicle replacement would send the countries broke after one hour of fighting

Battlefield 5 needs bots to seed empty servers, they probably have time to add this to the build too. The bots don't need to be there to have enough players to start a scoring round they need to be there to fill the right amount of seats so the server looks like it's READY for Battle to encourage players to join. I would join a server with 12/64 players before I would join a server with 3/64 players because I know it's more likely to begin a round. See at end of rounds when players leave and the server seats reduce to nothing, if bots filled empty seats the majority of players would stick around on the server. They don't need to be bots to obliterate the players waiting to play but good enough to make the empty server an active thing worth sitting on. And as a player joins to fill the required amount of slots a bot can leave and when all the bots are gone there would be enough players to begin a scoring round.

haven't seen enough BF5 vehicles to say I dislike them and the game play seemed ok

BFV will unite the community only if every server available is suited to every player having the same maps in their games library for that game. BF3 Premium was the poison that killed the community, Battlelog brought it together after Bad Company 2 but Premium split it up in more ways than one because as each DLC was released the community thinned out. Now BF1, BF4, BFH and BF5 have virtually all walked away from Battlelog Community, you can still communicate here with friends for the games but it's not as easy as it could have been starting from BF3 Vanilla where you could join a friend or squad now we are all sitting in a lobby on the games screen but the connectivity with the community as basically already gone.

This new way of starting a BF4 game away from Battlelog hasn't made BFH any more popular with it being there too you go to the server browser and can still see a ton of empty servers. I think all these titles are all heading towards Emptyfield. Even this forum has abandoned Battlelog which was supposed to bring the community together it's now on the battlefield domain.

Battlelog needs an overhaul to include BF1 and BF5 the same way it includes BF3, BF4 and BFH. Look at Medal of Honor War Fighter, failed but it didn't need to fail it was thrown up there to look like that banner where you move from game to game was going to mean something but then click on Battlefield 1 up there and it abandons Battlelog and goes to the Battlefield domain for some other way to communicate via a Battlefield Web Companion that just shows your friend list and your game stats for BF1 and BF4 nothing community related really.

You are so right in all your points. ANd Battlelog although clumsy to launch a game exe was pretty fun and a community centric way to launch parties !
  • solarriors
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    I viewed the trailer with concern. The misogynistic whining from the incels didn’t put me off. But it was a BAD and messy trailer that did not sell the game very well.

Calm down, straight forward. It's not because you have the word female in a sentence that it's mysogynstic!?
    Actually there aren't any insults to women. The point of respecting each role and proportion in the most tragic period of humankind ever is the only. Actually I see the opposite from the anti-men here, who act more sexist than the "biased white men".
    [EDIT] Sorry for double posting, (two different pages, two messages...)
  • StormSaxon
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    solarriors wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    I viewed the trailer with concern. The misogynistic whining from the incels didn’t put me off. But it was a BAD and messy trailer that did not sell the game very well.

Calm down, straight forward. It's not because you have the word female in a sentence that it's mysogynstic!?
    Actually there aren't any insults to women. The point of respecting each role and proportion in the most tragic period of humankind ever is the only. Actually I see the opposite from the anti-men here, who act more sexist than the "biased white men".
    [EDIT] Sorry for double posting, (two different pages, two messages...)
    That wasn’t aimed at anyone here by the way. Haven’t seen any of that here.
    It was all the YouTube and twitter nonsense I was referring too.

• Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HuntiPunti wrote: »
    As a very experienced Battlefield player with a career spanning 1942, Vietnam, BF2 (My absolute fav), Bad Company 1, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 1 I am very unsure as to whether or not I will buy this game. Perhaps I am suffering from a severe case of nostalgia, thinking the games were better back in the day but I genuinely think Bf2 was less arcade and more towards the mil-sim side of the spectrum. And that is where I enjoy Battlefield. With side specific weapons, important areas to hold, heavy focus on combined arms strategies and communication within the squad. Not "spawn, run, shoot die" - repeat.

It is very disappointing seeing how it all seems to move towards a "Cod"ification/ just "Run & Gun" instead of slowly building up to a climax. Basically, less is more.
    I don't want to see Battlefield trying to copy the success of PUBG or Fortnite. I buy a DICE game to get a DICE experience. And all of this leads to me looking at 5 and going "... meh..."

Sorry for the old-timer rant, and thank you for your time.

I feel this is a quite accurate statement as far as the evolution of BF is concerned, It has become increasingly arcade-styled over the years. I totally agree with what you're saying.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    im always pulled in anyway , so im sure I'll buy it.

Most people on here who say they won't buy it will (including me.) The thing I enjoy most about playing games is being able to play with friends and BF is one of the few games I enjoy that allows me to do that. If my friends want to play it, I'll probably cave and buy it simply because I don't want to play by myself on a different game. And, let's also be honest here... Most posters here over-exaggerate, make mountains out of molehills, and post knee-jerk reactions to E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G...

That is a fair assessment of this forum. But as the game sits right now, inbetween the the latent hit reg (dead in one shot on your screen.), attrition in general, blatant pandering to the sjw agenda, flat out telling us not to buy it, and the fact that I didnt care for the gameplay overall... I have no intention of buying it at this time.

I really wish DICE would reconsider a 2nd beta with many of the "fixes." I think it would recover a lot of us saying we're not going to buy it based on the gameplay (provided the fixes were good.)
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Remaster BF3, 2142 and call it a day:) I would totally buy them again:)
  • ABELKAY
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We belive in EA an everyone in my team had just bougth the full game, for us it's a great game we just love it
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that BFV is a good step in the right direction for getting the franchise back on track, gameplay wise. If we don't support it when they do something right then it may end up going back the other direction. Just because it isn't my ideal Battlefield game yet doesn't mean it isn't worth the "investment" to get there.

Rather than pre-ordering I've decided to go with the Origin Access Premier. So many options for one price...
  • VincentNZ
    2436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    biotek7 wrote: »
    I think that BFV is a good step in the right direction for getting the franchise back on track, gameplay wise. If we don't support it when they do something right then it may end up going back the other direction. Just because it isn't my ideal Battlefield game yet doesn't mean it isn't worth the "investment" to get there.

Rather than pre-ordering I've decided to go with the Origin Access Premier. So many options for one price...

Now I am not the one to tell you how to spend your money, but I think you should reconsider. EA as the publisher is getting the most out of the Origin Access deal. If you believe the franchise then buy it, do not rent it. While DICE is somehow trying to deliver a good BF-product EA as an enterprise on the stockmarket is only interested in the profit on the whole, which is not necessarily congruent with "making a good game".
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, going with access doesn't show them specifically that I'm supporting BFV. However, there are many games that I intend to play that I will also get with this package. Just like EA, I have to consider what I can get for my money.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've got mixed opinions on the changes. Some things are a step forward while others feel like a massive step backwards. I'm likely still going to get the game at this point, but I still don't support some of the changes and I'll continue to argue against them. I'm more concerned about the longevity of the game for me personally - I don't know how long I'll stay interested in playing. Right now it feels more like a game that I'll play for maybe a few months and then stop playing than something that'll keep me interested until the next game.
  • DevilsBathtub
    824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »

I've got mixed opinions on the changes. Some things are a step forward while others feel like a massive step backwards. I'm likely still going to get the game at this point, but I still don't support some of the changes and I'll continue to argue against them. I'm more concerned about the longevity of the game for me personally - I don't know how long I'll stay interested in playing. Right now it feels more like a game that I'll play for maybe a few months and then stop playing than something that'll keep me interested until the next game.
    what are your opinions on BFV though?

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »

what are your game change opinions
    ?

The main thing I think is a big step backwards is the balancing of the recon class - my favorite class to play. Bolt actions feel pathetically weak, weaker than any past BF game. As someone who likes to play scout/recon aggressively with a bolt action rifle, it's pretty disappointing that they do such little damage now that aggressive play isn't really viable any more. I play with other weapon types plenty too, but I get bored of them quickly and tend to enjoy using bolt actions the most. If bolt actions remain in the pitiful state they're currently in, I can't see myself sticking with the game for long. I'll inevitably get bored of using automatics. The "step backwards" imo is that other weapon types are now stronger at longer ranges, more accurate, and faster killing while bolt actions have been set back quite a bit. Even in BF1 where bolt actions were at their strongest, it still was the 2nd least played class and also the worst performing class for most players. And yet they're weaker now while everything else is stronger.

I also think TTK is a little too fast considering weapons are so much more accurate now, and the STG is still OP after two alphas and a beta.

Regarding things I like:
    - I think the balancing of weapons besides the STG and bolt actions, is pretty good right now. SMGs, SLRs, and LMGs, for the most part, felt pretty satisfying to use.
    - I never really minded suppression that much, but many hated it so I can consider getting rid of its effects on accuracy to be a step forward.
    - I like the reduced automatic health regeneration although I'd prefer there was no auto health regeneration at all especially now that we can carry bandages.
    - I like the idea of bullet penetration through thin surfaces, but I think it still needs a little tweaking.
    - The slower reviving helps to reduce the effectiveness of medic trains and leads to less reckless revives where I get killed immediately after being revived by a medic who didn't clear the area.
    - I like that we once again have spawn beacons on the recon class. It's a great tool for attempting to break out of being spawn trapped.
    - I like that low magnification scopes no longer have scope glint.
    - I really like that they went back to tickets counting down in Conquest. As a result it felt like there were more competitive games where the losing team could actually make a comeback.
    - I like the idea of more customizable weapons, although I think the upgrade system could use some work too.
    - I think fortifications are an interesting addition and they definitely changed the flow of combat a little in the alphas and beta.
    - I really like that explosive spam has been massively reduced.
    - Some of the combat roles that they recently revealed look pretty interesting and can change up gameplay a little depending on what you pick.

So yeah, my main concern is the balancing of the recon class. It's been my favorite and main class since BF3. I always find myself coming back to it as my preferred niche. And if it's going to be relegated to only being effective when camping in the hills or at a distance, I can't find myself sticking with the game for long. I just don't get as much enjoyment out of other weapon types, and I'm not interested in sitting back and being useless to my team.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    im always pulled in anyway , so im sure I'll buy it.

Most people on here who say they won't buy it will (including me.) The thing I enjoy most about playing games is being able to play with friends and BF is one of the few games I enjoy that allows me to do that. If my friends want to play it, I'll probably cave and buy it simply because I don't want to play by myself on a different game. And, let's also be honest here... Most posters here over-exaggerate, make mountains out of molehills, and post knee-jerk reactions to E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G...

That is a fair assessment of this forum. But as the game sits right now, inbetween the the latent hit reg (dead in one shot on your screen.), attrition in general, blatant pandering to the sjw agenda, flat out telling us not to buy it, and the fact that I didnt care for the gameplay overall... I have no intention of buying it at this time.

I really wish DICE would reconsider a 2nd beta with many of the "fixes." I think it would recover a lot of us saying we're not going to buy it based on the gameplay (provided the fixes were good.)

Can't see why they couldn't do this, it would be a good move imo.
  • 2uneducated4_BF5
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

0 out of 10

6 million out of 10
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

0 out of 10

6 million out of 10

lol,,,,,,,,
  • von_Campenstein
    6554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018

As much as I want to support the game when they include features I've advocated in the past, attrition and fortifications I still come back to the state of the servers in BF1 and don't see how they will be any different in BF5 however awesome everything else gets and there has been zero talk about this.
  • parkingbrake
    3126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UBnoobs wrote: »
    Canceled my pre order and after a decade I will be playing COD instead of BF. I think I'm done with the company and their agenda.

So even if the game runs well and is lots of fun for casual and competitive players, you won't buy it because of EA's "agenda"? Well, that will really show them, won't it.