Dumb Stuff We Won't Miss

Comments

• V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Random bullet deviation rewarding spray and pray players. If I shoot at you in my sights you should die in most cases. Behemoths/ participation trophies, rewards poor teamwork and bad teams with free unearned kills in a super vehicle. Aim bot aim assist for infantry, awful mechanic that meant bolt actions on console were broken for most of BF1s early lifecycle. Aim assist auto rotation in vehicles, why DICE? You might as well just allow the game to shoot targets for the player like in titan fall.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wont miss the Heavy Bomber and the AT-plane strafings.... I played the BFV-beta quite some time and did not get killed by an airplane once...

But in general BF1 has been a good acquaintance...

I´ll just have to advocate again to EA/Dice...

- Please bring back Rented Servers with full control such as selection of classes & certain weapons/gadgets which are allowed & disallowed to be toggled on/off.
    - Bring back Conquest Small (12v12 on smaller maps)

Everybody keeps talking about Competitive Battlefield. But look at how much time was spent on Incursions to just let i die within 2 weeks after release...

If you want a thriving "Comp community" just give us these features back! NOW!
  • Loqtrall
    12074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Won't miss elite kits, behemoths, having to go prone to shoot an anti tank weapon, crazy OP incendiary nades, 3d spotting, sweet spots, snap-to aim assist, random bullet deviation, classes balanced solely via engagement range, Ilya Muromets, horribly designed Hardcore mode, pointless game modes that stayed populated for all of 5 minutes, 24 player TDM (in light of the new confirmation of 32 player TDM), the list goes on and on.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    tbh the heavy bomber should of been a " Behemoth" then I don't think I would hate it so much, once it is destroyed that should be it for the round. the mortar trucks? I only really hate the fact they can sit out of bounds. 2 Things that DICE really could of fixed without too much hassle really.
  • ElliotLH
    8647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bayonet charge. Specifically the oh balls animation that starts about 10 metres away. Plus the fact they seem to run anywhere completely unhindered even over terrain that in normal game play would have you climbing up and down like a demented window cleaner.

The scout class got a bayonet charge weapon perk in the beta so it looks like it'll be in BFV.

I'm not going to miss RBD, lying prone to shoot an anti-tank weapon (as mentioned earlier) or Galicia.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    tbh the heavy bomber should of been a " Behemoth" then I don't think I would hate it so much, once it is destroyed that should be it for the round. the mortar trucks? I only really hate the fact they can sit out of bounds. 2 Things that DICE really could of fixed without too much hassle really.

Problem is if a bad player would get the driverseat your behemoth is worth nothing. Its bad enough with existing behemoths already although it really couldnt be easier to drive a train etc.
    Its crazy powerful,but with 2-3 lmgs shooting at it its also down fast,you cant evade like attackplanes can and repairing on 4th seat is pretty slow.

Mortar trucks just shouldnt exist,if you wanna use a mortar...use a mortar,dont waste a tankslot.
  • ragnarok013
    3428 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    All you guys who actually think BFV is a good game.

Here is a guy with a stick buried deeply that I mentioned earlier.

@theONEFORCE keep the personal insults off of the forums.
  • DANNYonPC
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    ''4. Scout spam''

Oh, its gonna be worse w/o suppression ;)
    Its already the second most popular class
  • MarxistDictator
    4967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but on the console scouts are only annoying because of the magnetic aim assist and one hit kills. Without either of those and even with broken deathcams scouts were non issue to me in the BF V beta. I'd get killed more over distance by the STG.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but on the console scouts are only annoying because of the magnetic aim assist and one hit kills. Without either of those and even with broken deathcams scouts were non issue to me in the BF V beta. I'd get killed more over distance by the STG.

Not to mention 55 max damage to the chest for the enfield and an StG that can easily shoot you over ranges it shouldnt because there is no more RBD. So we're back at the BF4 assault rifle meta.

I played scout on console for a couple rounds with the enfield. Not only was I stuck with a scope I didnt want, you just couldn't compete with any other class if they were able to see you. I think I won a total of 1 1v1 fight and the only kills I got were headshots on people who werent expecting me. If anyone shot at you, you were dead before you could line up a shot.

Body shots were pointless since it only did 55 damage max. Even if someone else finished them off, you didnt get the assist as kill. Otherwise, everyone had the pouches so they would heal up before you could hit a follow up. I think I killed a total of 2 people with body shots. I didnt run into any of those so called "weakened" opponents due to attrition.

If it stays this way, the scout class will be completely useless. I'm sure a lot of people will be pleased though so *shrugs*. I'll Hellriegel, I mean, StG along with the rest of them
  • MarxistDictator
    4967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I'm sure no rebalance is in store for anything and the game is entirely as is. After that is nerfed people will just start whining about what other effective weapon becomes popular because its no longer cool to use anything popular. The STG will always be good at everything because that is literally what an assault rifle is. Whether they ever get the right feel to not annoy everyone by that is on them, doubtful since this is whinefield.

The Hellriegel is also not worth using over the SMG 08/18, but whatever.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Problem is if a bad player would get the driverseat your behemoth is worth nothing...
    i'm not really seeing a problem with this scenario :D

• Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As we approach the end of the line for BF1 and those of us without sticks up our behinds will be giving BFV a shot, I picture a 90's sitcom farewell montage of the stupid crap I won't miss when moving on. Here are a few of mine. What are yours?

1. Winning a 1v1 only to be blown up by the grenade that was thrown by your opponent instead of him trying to shoot you.
    2. Drop (prone) shots being a thing. The fact that supports can drop to prone, obscure their hit box and laser beam you down while you are in a gunfight is one of the more insane things from this game.
    3. The random death generators that are behemoths, mortar trucks and heavy bombers.
    4. Scout spam

1. But then you didn't actually "win" the 1v1 because the other guy never tried to shot you. Had he tried to shoot you, you might have lost. As it is you merely achieved a draw since what he did in the time it took you to kill him, he actually managed to kill you too.
    2. Is this no longer a thing in BF V? I thought this was very much still a thing in the beta.
    3. See #2. OK, no more mortar trucks and behemoths, but still bombers and new vehicles to take the same role as dispenser of equally random deaht
    4. See #2, I certainly did not notice a noticable reduction of snipers during the beta.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As we approach the end of the line for BF1 and those of us without sticks up our behinds will be giving BFV a shot, I picture a 90's sitcom farewell montage of the stupid crap I won't miss when moving on. Here are a few of mine. What are yours?

1. Winning a 1v1 only to be blown up by the grenade that was thrown by your opponent instead of him trying to shoot you.
    2. Drop (prone) shots being a thing. The fact that supports can drop to prone, obscure their hit box and laser beam you down while you are in a gunfight is one of the more insane things from this game.
    3. The random death generators that are behemoths, mortar trucks and heavy bombers.
    4. Scout spam

1. But then you didn't actually "win" the 1v1 because the other guy never tried to shot you. Had he tried to shoot you, you might have lost. As it is you merely achieved a draw since what he did in the time it took you to kill him, he actually managed to kill you too.
    2. Is this no longer a thing in BF V? I thought this was very much still a thing in the beta.
    3. See #2. OK, no more mortar trucks and behemoths, but still bombers and new vehicles to take the same role as dispenser of equally random deaht
    4. See #2, I certainly did not notice a noticable reduction of snipers during the beta.

I used the dying to the grenade as an exaggeration. Usually I just take damage from it after they die. I didn't think that point would get nit picked but this community never fails to surprise me.

In BFV you have to deploy the bipod. 100% laser accuracy isn't granted immediately.
  • LanceKilkenny65
    104 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    horses
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    horses

Come on now! If BF4 will be remembered for helicopters BF1 will be remembered for horses. Hands down the most interesting feature in the game. Too bad I had to stop using them because of their tendencies to get stuck on rubble.
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I used the dying to the grenade as an exaggeration. Usually I just take damage from it after they die. I didn't think that point would get nit picked but this community never fails to surprise me.
    There's nothing nit picking about it. You die from the thing he did during the same very same time it took you to kill him. That's a draw simple as that.
    In BFV you have to deploy the bipod. 100% laser accuracy isn't granted immediately.
    Did not really notice that. TTK is so low, it's basically whoever looks at the enemy first wins anyway. In this light droping prone is a bad idea, you'll be dead before you hit the ground (or if you saw him first you could have killed him already in the 0.x seconds you wasted to fall prone)

• ashar_saleem121
    1237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I'm sure no rebalance is in store for anything and the game is entirely as is. After that is nerfed people will just start whining about what other effective weapon becomes popular because its no longer cool to use anything popular. The STG will always be good at everything because that is literally what an assault rifle is. Whether they ever get the right feel to not annoy everyone by that is on them, doubtful since this is whinefield.

The Hellriegel is also not worth using over the SMG 08/18, but whatever.

So if it's supposed to be good at everything, why even bother having other guns. Lets just give everyone an StG, make them different colors and call it a day.

It's not about a singular gun being unfairly better than literally everything else (they've acknowledged as much which shows there was an issue). My concern is an entire class of the 4 main infantry classes being rendered completely obsolete (on console, PC would still be relatively viable due to M&K). While slightly exaggerated, it's not far off.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    won't miss
    -suppression affecting spread
    -negative spread on lmgs
    -gas at every choke point
    -gas in general
    -gas
    -elite kits
    -behemoths
    -explosive spam
    -martyrdom grenades
    -sweet spot snipers