Spawn system

Praicci
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited September 2018
I'd like to hear what do you people think about the spawn system in general. I hate the squad spawn- system, that you can spawn to any squad member, basically at any time. I would like to go back to Battlefield 2142. In Bf2142 you had to keep your squad leader alive, so that he could plant the spawn beacon ( only squad leader could equip spawn beacon), where other squad members can spawn after death. I looooved that system. Conquest mode was intensive and tactical, as I said, you had to keep your squad leader alive. Now it is too easy to spawn back to fight 'cause you can spawn to any squad member, and battles at flags are neverending fight. In bf2142 it was also intense that you had to find and destroy that beacon to stop hostile respawns.
Would it be more intense gameplay in Battlefield V with that kind of system? Or at least to limit squad spawns only to squad leader?
Post edited by Praicci on

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In theory i think i would like it. But with todays playerbase? Most squadleaders dont give orders,most players rush in,doesnt matter if theyre the last one alive.
    Its the same problem as with limited ammo and health,i think it would turn out to be really frustrating if you play solo.
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wish all you want, it isn't going to happen
  • Noodlesocks
    2491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate squad spawning. Easily the worst thing to have happened to Battlefield and Dice are terrified to let it go. So much so that even BF1 Hardcore mode had it.
  • Praicci
    I hate squad spawning. Easily the worst thing to have happened to Battlefield and Dice are terrified to let it go. So much so that even BF1 Hardcore mode had it.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Praicci
    In theory i think i would like it. But with todays playerbase? Most squadleaders dont give orders,most players rush in,doesnt matter if theyre the last one alive.
    Its the same problem as with limited ammo and health,i think it would turn out to be really frustrating if you play solo.

Yeah, true. Nobody uses voip anymore in randomsquads. And autojoining squads is one more problem too. Lonewolves end up in squads, breaks the squad system in the first place.
  • Candysalmon
    65 postsMember Member
    This would be an amazing change. But like someone said above, the community would outrage Im sure just as they outraged about getting rid of spotting, which was the biggest and best thing to happen to the franchise in a long time. My vote is yes, 100%.

Adds tactical thinking to placement and game-play.

"Insert comment about how battlefield games aren't tactical below"
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I think this might be a sort of a chicken and egg situation though... that is the mechanics for SL's are too shallow for anyone to really care about them. (well that and there's often not much of a point since the class and weapons systems aren't exactly good for teamwork)

Doesn't help there isn't a "I don't want to be squad leader please don't auto-promote me"-option, or a "vote-demote" system...
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Um, what happens when you get a squadleader that's a complete moron, or is a troll? What then? Yeah, you didn't think this through too well, did you?
  • Praicci
    Um, what happens when you get a squadleader that's a complete moron, or is a troll? What then? Yeah, you didn't think this through too well, did you?

There's a huge possibility of that with the squad autojoin -system.

And like BetaFief said, auto-promoting and not able to votekick leader doesn't help.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You quit that squad and either make your own or go to another..
    If it becomes too serious of an issue "squad demote vote" (squad votes to demote SL, and/or for a replacement SL) along with a "please don't auto-promote-me" toggle in the spawn-screen or squad-selection menu (so people who don't-want to be squad-leaders won't have the role suddenly forced on them).

I mean there's a lot of ways to do it really... the possibility of there being morons and trolls isn't really a reason not to adopt a system that could perhaps promote a more interesting type of gameplay.
  • Praicci
    BetaFief wrote: »

You quit that squad and either make your own or go to another..
    If it becomes too serious of an issue "squad demote vote" (squad votes to demote SL, and/or for a replacement SL) along with a "please don't auto-promote-me" toggle in the spawn-screen or squad-selection menu (so people who don't-want to be squad-leaders won't have the role suddenly forced on them).

I mean there's a lot of ways to do it really... the possibility of there being morons and trolls isn't really a reason not to adopt a system that could perhaps promote a more interesting type of gameplay.

Yeah "squad demote vote" is must have, and "prevent autopromote"-toggle.

I wonder if there's a "squad leader spawn only"-option in server rules.