Weekly BF

Dumb Stuff We Won't Miss

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 in a lot of ways is pretty watered down but you know what, it's different and it's fun. That's all the matters. It took me a while to appreciate everything about it though.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I won't miss Rocket Gun and Horses. Good riddance.
  • CSO7777
    1279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I won't miss Rocket Gun and Horses. Good riddance.

Horses. A mechanic that could never work in a balanced way. They can absorb a ridiculous amount of bullets - it's just a man on a horse??? If they couldn't they would just die instantly and DICE couldn't get a sword and a lance in the game... They should have been left out of the game or only used as motorbikes for transport.

This is my main concern for BFV, what unbalanced "gimmicks" will Dice implement in the final game. There were none in the beta and the vehicles vs. infantry was pretty good, so what will they do to annoy the players in BFV? They have already been talking about adrenaline-shots from the medic, which sound really bad in my ears, again where does this come from, will someone actually be a super soldier if they take adrenaline-shots??? Just keep the COD/Action-movie stuff out of Battlefield.
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I absolutely love playing cavalry in bf1, dude everyone knows to just shoot the horse at this stage, those that don't get their just deserts by and large until they too learn the lesson.
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sunny day on a Conquest map...and visibility is awful with what I think is supposed to be a fog effect? can't see any fires.....quit the game because I just tho8ght why and how often do you see a very bright sunny day with fog..why Dice? not immersive and just annoying.nice one Dice
  • MarxistDictator
    4945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I'm sure no rebalance is in store for anything and the game is entirely as is. After that is nerfed people will just start whining about what other effective weapon becomes popular because its no longer cool to use anything popular. The STG will always be good at everything because that is literally what an assault rifle is. Whether they ever get the right feel to not annoy everyone by that is on them, doubtful since this is whinefield.

The Hellriegel is also not worth using over the SMG 08/18, but whatever.

So if it's supposed to be good at everything, why even bother having other guns. Lets just give everyone an StG, make them different colors and call it a day.

It's not about a singular gun being unfairly better than literally everything else (they've acknowledged as much which shows there was an issue). My concern is an entire class of the 4 main infantry classes being rendered completely obsolete (on console, PC would still be relatively viable due to M&K). While slightly exaggerated, it's not far off.

Well its supposed to be an all performing weapon regardless of tears. That is what an assault rifle does.

And Scout isn't useless, snipers are and were useless even in BF1 with how dumb the scout class is. Giving them one hit kills freely and without even requiring them to aim didn't make the balance better or somehow make scout viable to play lol.

The beta is also missing a lot of the big pieces of game balance, sort of like BF1's was when we over nerfed tanks because the rocket gun wasn't a default unlock. Scouts have more of a role in the full game, like every other class, with all their gadgets and nuance in play.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I'm sure no rebalance is in store for anything and the game is entirely as is. After that is nerfed people will just start whining about what other effective weapon becomes popular because its no longer cool to use anything popular. The STG will always be good at everything because that is literally what an assault rifle is. Whether they ever get the right feel to not annoy everyone by that is on them, doubtful since this is whinefield.

So if it's supposed to be good at everything, why even bother having other guns. Lets just give everyone an StG, make them different colors and call it a day.

It's not about a singular gun being unfairly better than literally everything else (they've acknowledged as much which shows there was an issue). My concern is an entire class of the 4 main infantry classes being rendered completely obsolete (on console, PC would still be relatively viable due to M&K). While slightly exaggerated, it's not far off.

Well its supposed to be an all performing weapon regardless of tears. That is what an assault rifle does.

And Scout isn't useless, snipers are and were useless even in BF1 with how dumb the scout class is. Giving them one hit kills freely and without even requiring them to aim didn't make the balance better or somehow make scout viable to play lol.

The beta is also missing a lot of the big pieces of game balance, sort of like BF1's was when we over nerfed tanks because the rocket gun wasn't a default unlock. Scouts have more of a role in the full game, like every other class, with all their gadgets and nuance in play.

How does making them competitive in flag capture zones make them less viable in BF1? I don't like the OHK or the pre nerf auto rotation either. But the current state of the class in BFV is an over correction.

I'm not denying that there were a lot of bad scouts in BF1. Surprise, those same people will be bad scouts in BFV, BF6 and so on. There is something appealing to them of landing the long range shot even if they only kill one person a game. If you wanted to play scout in a more advanced role, you could do that in BF1 whereas you can't do that currently in BFV.

You can't blame an entire class for how bad people play. Its like balancing the assault class for the one guy who corner camps with a shotgun.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gas and suppression are the dumbest to me. I won't be on bfv, but i'm glad these will not be present.
  • RossP317
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair to EA/DICE, at least gas was an integral part of WW1 and had to be included somehow.
  • MarxistDictator
    4945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

How does making them competitive in flag capture zones make them less viable in BF1? I don't like the OHK or the pre nerf auto rotation either. But the current state of the class in BFV is an over correction.

I'm not denying that there were a lot of bad scouts in BF1. Surprise, those same people will be bad scouts in BFV, BF6 and so on. There is something appealing to them of landing the long range shot even if they only kill one person a game. If you wanted to play scout in a more advanced role, you could do that in BF1 whereas you can't do that currently in BFV.

You can't blame an entire class for how bad people play. Its like balancing the assault class for the one guy who corner camps with a shotgun.

I thought they were uncompetitive up close in BF1? Guess we'll never reach consensus. Regardless, 'balance' is not achieved by making a long ranged class able to compete with the classes designed for closer distances with pistols and sluggish DPS that gives them time to swap weapons while getting shot at and taking no flinch or suppression for getting hit straight on.

And if it was made 'totally useless' yet still trailed closest behind Assault (the most used class in the beta) and had well over double the time with as support, well its very obvious other players weren't having a hard time adjusting to scout not being ridiculously broken and safe like he was in BF1. Clearly the use is still there, players just got too used to putting no effort into sniping (which should never be the case tbh, people hiding out of the action should at least have to aim for their kills).

The rest of your post is just the typical wash about how only playing close range supports the team and how there is no deviating from that to be effective as a scout (despite being balanced to be less powerful up close, apparently this should be tossed because muh ptfo).

And the point on useless snipers was that it is a huge problem in every BF game. Sniping appeals to dumb players who usually think its the most skillful thing ever, and the wide open maps in BF games make it almost no risk to play as one. So I think the balance benefits from them not getting one gank kills just for being far away, hugely. Even with reduced TTK movement was so much more important and less punished by the clunkiness of the system and the free one hit kills being spammed across the map.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Maybe someone can bring light to this for me: What is the problem with gas? I never had any problems with it. Every soldier class except the sentry and the infiltrator has a gasmask, that can be deployed in a second. Also you get a red indicator whenever you get near to gas, so you know exactly when to use the mask
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Maybe someone can bring light to this for me: What is the problem with gas? I never had any problems with it. Every soldier class except the sentry and the infiltrator has a gasmask, that can be deployed in a second. Also you get a red indicator whenever you get near to gas, so you know exactly when to use the mask

Sometimes the gas indicator lags behind and you've already taken the first hit of it before you know there is gas around, being low on health that's instadeath through walls without warning, things like that tend to **** people off.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tbh there's not much, if any, that I'm going to miss.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mortar truck, heavy bomber, bayonet charge and one sided matches with one side having 32 players and the other having only 25.

But I'm going to miss my autoloading extended.
  • Woodlbrad
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I won't miss bf1 can't wait for bfv.
  • Uwannah_Hydeen
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is great except for the suppression, behemoths, "elite" classes, cavalry, bayonet charging, gas grenades, the sweet-spot mechanic, the ilya muromets, the dense fog, the high level of brightness when peering from doorways and windows, and the completely unreliable vaulting mechanic. This Battlefield was a poorly thought out mess, actually. Good riddance.
  • PackersDK
    771 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In no particular order;

Bayonet charge
    Heavy bomber
    Parkour fails
    Mortar vehicle abuse in Ops (i.e. sitting impervious in own spawn sector)
    Sentries
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A bit triggered....
    Just had a game of operations in Amiens (for the first time in months), with a 100 star mortar truck moron bombing from out of bounds...70-1 when I entered the game, exited 3mins later.
    So yeh won't miss mortar trucks, it's beyond my understanding why would dice leave this in game.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Postage stamp sized objectives that have zero cover from the HV bomber.

The HV bomber

Having to run to a vehicle in spawn only to have it spawn almost a minute later