How would Standard Issue Rifles work in BFV?

CrazyGI1998
280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
In Battlefield 1, there’s a gamemode/Server option called Standard Issue Rifles. It’s my favorite part of BF1 and I always try to find a server with it enabled. I just got to thinking, what if this mode/option was implemented in BFV? How would it work?

Since the Standard Issue Rifle of the United States during WWII was the M1 Garand and all of the other countries mainly used updated version of their standard service rifle from WWI, would a SIR option even be possible to balance or implement?

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    Why bother? Standard issue rifles were hardly ever used in a game supposedly based on a war in which they were the norm. In WW2 there were significantly more semi and fully automatic rifles. Just be happy if they make the standard issue shotgun work this go around.
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nobody played it in BF1 but it wasn’t exactly balanced there either. I mean how can it be? The British had 10 rounds while the Ottomans had the single shot Martini Henry.

But I suppose an easy work around would be to just give the US the Springfield for that game mode. Early in the war not all units had the M1 yet so there is precedence for that scenario.

• liamsutton10
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its so that every class has access to that weapon but each team can still use the other weapons in that class u arent restricted to the standard issue its just there it would make things a lot better for milsim teams.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In Battlefield 1, there’s a gamemode/Server option called Standard Issue Rifles. It’s my favorite part of BF1 and I always try to find a server with it enabled. I just got to thinking, what if this mode/option was implemented in BFV? How would it work?

Since the Standard Issue Rifle of the United States during WWII was the M1 Garand and all of the other countries mainly used updated version of their standard service rifle from WWI, would a SIR option even be possible to balance or implement?

Increase the recoil on the M1 so "doubletapping" isn't nearly as accurate or as useful. give the same amount of ammunition to both the standard issue rifles semi-auto or not.

Have the German "standard issue" rifle be a G43 for the German team when they're against a US team....

In all honesty there's a lot that DICE "could do" to make it work but I doubt I will see it. People hardly played with "standard issue rifles" enabled in BF1 because they were added more as an afterthought. Had there been the ability to host mods that could redo/restructure aspects of the game, or a game-mode that restructured classes/etc., I think it would be a bit more popular.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Didn't work in BF1, so you won't be seeing it in BF5. Just drop it.